Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Salmonella 'can kill cancer'

seeder

Salmonella 'can kill cancer': How bacteria that cause food poisoning could be used to attack tumour cells

A genetically-altered form of salmonella is being developed to combat cancer
    It would kill off the tumour cells while leaving the healthy cells alone
    The new strain would also help the body's immune system target tumours

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4236710/Salmonella-kill-cancer.html#ixzz4Z5qGOe1t

• Like 6

On one hand, that seems odd; on the other hand, our bodies are half bacteria--

it was previously said that we have 10 times more bacteria than human cells,

but modern estimates are set at ~ 50% each.  Just the same, our bodies have

a long history of making use of good bacteria to combat bad bacteria; so, in

this case, maybe what doesn't kill us can make us stronger.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

Very interesting research.  

Another cure to add to the long list of cancer cures.  Why do I get the feeling that the world is still riddled with cancer amid all the medical breakthroughs?

Hopefully... one day...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, taniwha said:

Another cure to add to the long list of cancer cures.  Why do I get the feeling that the world is still riddled with cancer amid all the medical breakthroughs?

Maybe the money thrown at the problem is greater than the benefits of increased longevity.

• Like 1

Maybe the money thrown at the problem outweighs the benefits of increased longevity.

Edited by aka CAT

Hopefully... one day...

Mostly just because of journalist using sensationalist headlines 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, aka CAT said:

On one hand, that seems odd; on the other hand, our bodies are half bacteria--

it was previously said that we have 10 times more bacteria than human cells,

but modern estimates are set at ~ 50% each.  Just the same, our bodies have

a long history of making use of good bacteria to combat bad bacteria; so, in

this case, maybe what doesn't kill us can make us stronger.

It reminds me of the vaccines. I feel like that concept had to seem odd to a lot of people at first.

I imagine the conversation going like this

"So you're telling me if I inject smallpox in me that I will somehow not get smallpox? You're crazy doc"

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Mostly just because of journalist using sensationalist headlines 

Almost everything causes cancer, almost everything cures it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

It reminds me of the vaccines. I feel like that concept had to seem odd to a lot of people at first.

I imagine the conversation going like this

"So you're telling me if I inject smallpox in me that I will somehow not get smallpox? You're crazy doc"

There are many toxic ingredients in vaccines*, e.g., though thimerosal contains trace amounts of mercury, and though no amount of exposure to mercury is considered safe, it is common in flu shots-- something I haven't had in the many years since I was initially duped into getting the vaccine; however, whenever someone else complains about their suffering the virus and I ask whether they were immunized against it, the answer is invariably affirmative.  Many vaccines actually make the recipients contagious to others of their kind. e.g. once upon a time we decided the ridiculous shipping requirements of certain stud farms weeks in advance of their receiving mares not worth exposing the rest of our horses to an, otherwise, very rare contagion.  What's worse, we wouldn't hazard giving our live stock the same number of different types of vaccinations together that are routinely administered to people including infants.

The best prevention against communicable disease, apart from avoiding exposure, is good hygiene, e.g. clean hands (mainly, regular use of soap and, preferably hot, water).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Today's vaccines not only contain live versions of the diseases you DO NOT WANT, but also contain GMOs, hormones from infected cows, pigs, chickens and monkeys, untested virus combinations (like H1N1), aluminum, mercury, emulsifiers, and crossbred bacteria from animals, mosquitoes, and diseased humans:

Measles Live Virus Vaccine: (Attenuvax) Made by Merck. Two injections are given; one at 1 year and another at 4 years old. Contains gelatin, sorbitol, sodium chloride, bovine cow serum, egg protein and human albumin.

Measles and Mumps Live Virus Vaccine: (M-M-Rvax) Made by Merck. Injected into one year old babies. Contains gelatin, sorbitol, sodium chloride, bovine cow serum, and human albumin.

Diptheria, Tetanus and Polio Vaccine: Five injections given between 2 and 6 years of age, plus boosters "recommended" every 10 years. Contains formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol and aluminum phosphate.

DTaP, IPV, HBV and Hib*: (Diphtheria, tetanus, polio, hepatitis B and Haemophilus influenza type B) Given to infants 2 to 12 months with boosters less than a year later. Contains aluminum hydroxide, formaldehyde, and bovine cow serum.

Gardasil HPV: Human Papillomavirus Vaccine Made by Merck. Administered to children as young as 9 years of age for a rare sexually transmitted disease. Contains polysorbate 80, sodium chloride, aluminum, and a "denatured" (fragmented and weakened) form of the virus.

Toxic vaccine ingredients and their adverse effects:

• Bovine cow serum: Extracted from cow skin. When injected causes connective tissue disorders, arthritis and lupus; also shortness of breath, low blood pressure, chest pain and skin reactions.

• Sorbitol: Synthetic sweetener which metabolizes very slowly and aggravates IBS and gastrointestinal issues.

• Gelatin: Derived from the collagen inside animals' skin and bones. Injecting gelatin poses the risk of infection from synthetic growth hormones and BSE infectivity (mad cow disease).

• Sodium chloride: Raises blood pressure and inhibits muscle contraction and growth.

• Egg protein: Vaccines are prepared in eggs (certainly not organic). May contain growth hormones, antibiotics, and salmonella bacteria.

• Thimerosal: A neurotoxic mercury which causes autism: There are 25 mcg in one average flu vaccine, and the EPA safety limit is 5 micrograms, so children who are vaccinated simultaneously with multiple* vaccines receive over 10 times the safety limit of mercury in one day.

• Human albumin: The protein portion of blood from pooled human venous plasma; when injected causes fever, chills, hives, rash, headache, nausea, breathing difficulty, and rapid heart rate. Injecting "pooled blood" can result in a loss of body cell mass and cause immunodeficiency virus infection, or contain SV40, AIDS, cancer or Hepatitis B from drug addicts.

• Formaldehyde: Highly carcinogenic fluid used to embalm corpses. Ranked one of the most hazardous compounds to human health; can cause liver damage, gastrointestinal issues, reproductive deformation, respiratory distress and cancer. Plus, formaldehyde has been known to fail to deactivate the virus the vaccine is intended to cure, thus enabling a live virus to enter your blood and infect your system.

• Phenoxyethanol: A glycol ether/chemical; highly toxic to the nervous system, kidneys, and liver. The FDA warns "can cause shut down of the central nervous system (CNS), vomiting and contact dermatitis" in cosmetics; imagine when injected into your blood.

• Aluminum phosphate: Greatly increases toxicity of mercury, so caution about minimum mercury tolerance is therefore severely underestimated. CDC scientists and all doctors are well aware of this.

• MSG (monosodium glutamate): When injected becomes a neurotoxin, causing CNS disorders and brain damage in children.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/035431_vaccine_ingredients_side_effects_MSG.html#ixzz4ZAd8awhR

Edited by aka CAT
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, aka CAT said:

Maybe the money thrown at the problem outweighs the benefits of increased longevity.

If any pharmaceutical company was able to make a gene that killed cancer they would be able to hold the world hostage.  They would be even more wealthy and be lauded in history as the greatest hero that ever graced the planet.  Though they would still charge thousands of dollars for the treatment, and surely insurance wouldn't cover such a cure all(impossible) cancer drug.  The hard reality is that there is no and never will be a cure for cancer short of gene modification I believe.

22 minutes ago, EnderOTD said:

they would still charge thousands of dollars for the treatment

Compared to the hundreds of thousands of dollars to be made on radiation treatments and chemotherapy?!?-- and what about those unnecessary operations that I've known to have been performed on people who lived just a few months afterward?  Before so being taken to the cleaners, I hope to die a natural death... :-? whatever that is these days.

Edited by aka CAT
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, aka CAT said:

• Thimerosal: A neurotoxic mercury which causes autism: There are 25 mcg in one average flu vaccine, and the EPA safety limit is 5 micrograms, so children who are vaccinated simultaneously with multiple* vaccines receive over 10 times the safety limit of mercury in one day.

No evidence shows it causes autism, and despite removing thimerosal from vaccines the autism rate still rises.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25862449

• Human albumin: The protein portion of blood from pooled human venous plasma; when injected causes fever, chills, hives, rash, headache, nausea, breathing difficulty, and rapid heart rate. Injecting "pooled blood" can result in a loss of body cell mass and cause immunodeficiency virus infection, or contain SV40, AIDS, cancer or Hepatitis B from drug addicts.

What? Injecting AIDS might infect people? No way!

Natural News is run by a charlatan who promotes homeopathy and other quackery.

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

No evidence shows it causes autism, and despite removing thimerosal from vaccines the autism rate still rises.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25862449

What? Injecting AIDS might infect people? No way!

Natural News is run by a charlatan who promotes homeopathy and other quackery.

Opposing views are necessary to weed out shills.

20 hours ago, aka CAT said:

Compared to the hu. nd. reds of thousands of dollars to be made on radiation treatments and chemotherapy?!?-- and what about those unnecessa. ry operations that I've known to have been performed on people who lived just a few months afterward?  Before so being taken to the cleaners, I hope to die a natural death... :-? whatever that is these days.

From where I am, the common way how doctors extract more money is by having a tie up with nearby pharmacy and pathology lab. The pharmacy stacks only a limited variety of drugs and usually the expensive ones without the alternative and the doctors receive monthly payment from the pharmacy. a Doctors also ask you for unnecessary tests which should be conducyed in the labs which have tie up with doctors

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kartikg said:

From where I am, the common way how doctors extract more money is by having a tie up with nearby pharmacy and pathology lab. The pharmacy stacks only a limited variety of drugs and usually the expensive ones without the alternative and the doctors receive monthly payment from the pharmacy. a Doctors also ask you for unnecessary tests which should be conducyed in the labs which have tie up with doctors

Yes, I have encountered similar problems.  Insofar as equally undesirable prescriptions were concerned, :tu: I was fortunate enough to find a more effective natural remedy at a mere fraction of the cost and without the serious side effects of the Rx junk. 

Edited by aka CAT

On 2/19/2017 at 1:04 AM, taniwha said:

Hopefully... one day...

can't actually cure it.  look at all the money they would be missing out on.

On 2/19/2017 at 3:16 AM, Frank Merton said:

Almost everything causes cancer, almost everything cures it.

and all living things on earth have it.  just that most living things control it on their own.

5 hours ago, aka CAT said:

Opposing views are necessary to weed out shills.

Are you the shill? Shilling for Mike Adams?

• Like 1

On 19/02/2017 at 7:04 AM, taniwha said:

Hopefully... one day...

There are more than 100 types of cancer, give it time

heres a list

https://www.cancer.gov/types

Edited by seeder
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, seeder said:

There are more than 100 types of cancer, give it time

heres a list

https://www.cancer.gov/types

Every cancer is unique where in lies the problem why there is no miracle drug yet.  

This years breakthrough might be just as obsolete next year as nanobots were last year?

I shouldn't be so cynical, but the rich will no doubt be better placed to benefit from any future treatments then us poor peasants, 'tis the way of the world my son, the way of the world....

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Are you the shill? Shilling for Mike Adams?

See links @

http://www.naturalnews.com/041963_vaccines_cancer_viruses_Dr_Maurice_Hilleman.html

And, if you're too lazy to watch the interview of a top Merck scientist (Hilleman) therein, read what I underlined under the transcript heading

"Transcript of audio interview with Dr. Maurice Hilleman[:]"

[...]Dr Edward Shorter: Tell me how you found SV40 and the polio vaccine.

Dr Maurice Hilleman: Well, that was at Merck. Yeah, I came to Merck. And uh, I was going to develop vaccines. And we had wild viruses in those days. You remember the wild monkey kidney viruses and so forth? And I finally after 6 months gave up and said that you cannot develop vaccines with these damn monkeys, we're finished and if I can't do something I'm going to quit, I'm not going to try it. So I went down to see Bill Mann at the zoo in Washington DC and I told Bill Mann, I said "look, I got a problem and I don't know what the hell to do." Bill Mann is a real bright guy. I said that these lousy monkeys are picking it up while being stored in the airports in transit, loading, off loading. He said, very simply, you go ahead and get your monkeys out of West Africa and get the African Green, bring them into Madrid unload them there, there is no other traffic there for animals, fly them into Philadelphia and pick them up. Or fly them into New York and pick them up, right off the airplane. So we brought African Greens in and I didn't know we were importing the AIDS virus at the time[...]

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/041963_vaccines_cancer_viruses_Dr_Maurice_Hilleman.html#ixzz4ZKYHfdg4

Then, if you still want to play deaf, dumb, and blind, I'd LOVE for you to put me on ignore.

CAT

Edited by aka CAT

aka CAT is too lazy to get a source other than Natural News. Continue to play stupid, shill.

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2013/09/11/a-zombie-meme-rises-from-the-grave-maurice-hilleman-the-polio-vaccine-sv40-and-cancer/

In any case, this appears to be the “money quote” that the antivaccine movement likes to cite:

Dr Edward Shorter: Tell me how you found SV40 and the polio vaccine.

Dr Maurice Hilleman: Well, that was at Merck. Yeah, I came to Merck. And uh, I was going to develop vaccines. And we had wild viruses in those days. You remember the wild monkey kidney viruses and so forth? And I finally after 6 months gave up and said that you cannot develop vaccines with these damn monkeys, we’re finished and if I can’t do something I’m going to quit, I’m not going to try it. So I went down to see Bill Mann at the zoo in Washington DC and I told Bill Mann, I said “look, I got a problem and I don’t know what the hell to do.” Bill Mann is a real bright guy. I said that these lousy monkeys are picking it up while being stored in the airports in transit, loading, offloading. He said, very simply, you go ahead and get your monkeys out of West Africa and get the African Green, bring them into Madrid unload them there, there is no other traffic there for animals, fly them into Philadelphia and pick them up. Or fly them into New York and pick them up, right off the airplane. So we brought African Greens in and I didn’t know we were importing the AIDS virus at the time.

Miscellaneous background voices:…(laughter)… it was you who introduced the AIDS virus into the country. Now we know! (laughter) This is the real story! (laughter) What Merck won’t do to develop a vaccine! (laughter).

If you listen to the actual interview (at around 2:15 in), you’ll see that it’s very clear that Hilleman, obviously aware of the conspiracy theories claiming that the AIDS virus derived from the virus used to make the early polio vaccine, was making a joke and that the people in the room during the interview realized it was a joke.

• Like 2

On February 19, 2017 at 8:36 AM, aka CAT said:

The reason that there will never be a single cure for cancer is because cancer isn't one disease. It's over 100 different diseases that all react differently to treatments.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

aka CAT is too lazy to get a source other than Natural News. Continue to play stupid, shill.

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2013/09/11/a-zombie-meme-rises-from-the-grave-maurice-hilleman-the-polio-vaccine-sv40-and-cancer/

In any case, this appears to be the “money quote” that the antivaccine movement likes to cite:

Dr Edward Shorter: Tell me how you found SV40 and the polio vaccine.

Dr Maurice Hilleman: Well, that was at Merck. Yeah, I came to Merck. And uh, I was going to develop vaccines. And we had wild viruses in those days. You remember the wild monkey kidney viruses and so forth? And I finally after 6 months gave up and said that you cannot develop vaccines with these damn monkeys, we’re finished and if I can’t do something I’m going to quit, I’m not going to try it. So I went down to see Bill Mann at the zoo in Washington DC and I told Bill Mann, I said “look, I got a problem and I don’t know what the hell to do.” Bill Mann is a real bright guy. I said that these lousy monkeys are picking it up while being stored in the airports in transit, loading, offloading. He said, very simply, you go ahead and get your monkeys out of West Africa and get the African Green, bring them into Madrid unload them there, there is no other traffic there for animals, fly them into Philadelphia and pick them up. Or fly them into New York and pick them up, right off the airplane. So we brought African Greens in and I didn’t know we were importing the AIDS virus at the time.

Miscellaneous background voices:…(laughter)… it was you who introduced the AIDS virus into the country. Now we know! (laughter) This is the real story! (laughter) What Merck won’t do to develop a vaccine! (laughter).

If you listen to the actual interview (at around 2:15 in), you’ll see that it’s very clear that Hilleman, obviously aware of the conspiracy theories claiming that the AIDS virus derived from the virus used to make the early polio vaccine, was making a joke and that the people in the room during the interview realized it was a joke.

You sure know how to twist a report.  Obviously, Hilleman was too stupid to know he was being played for a confession in regard to his deadly experimentation with "wild viruses."  Unconscionable as were his practices, I won't speculate as to why you chose to ignore the majority of the document along with its telling conclusion--

"Dr. Horowitz: Despite AIDS and Leukemia suddenly becoming pandemic from "wild viruses" Hilleman said, this was "good science" at that time.