Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Not able to like certain posters posts

glorybebe

Hi was on Seeders thread about the storm in California and I cannot like any of his posts.  Wondering if it is a common issue?

Thank you

• Like 2

Well I just tried it, and I'm able to like both you and Seeder. :sk

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

Hi was on Seeders thread about the storm in California and I cannot like any of his posts.  Wondering if it is a common issue?

Thank you

BUT...you have liked posts of mine before and since! Elsewhere!!

Adding that just in case it makes any difference!

• Like 1

Are you able to like everyone else ? There is a daily quota on Likes, so I'm told, though I've never encountered it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Are you able to like everyone else ? There is a daily quota on Likes, so I'm told, though I've never encountered it. 

As I said she has liked a post of a mine since...elsewhere,

1 hour ago, glorybebe said:

Thank you

It's hard to "like" bad news, if that's what you mean.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, aka CAT said:

It's hard to "like" bad news, if that's what you mean.

Actually that is something I've often thought, mainly in status updates, if someone posts something like someone has just died or something unpleasant, it does seem rather inappropriate to "like" it. Perhaps an "I'm sorry about that" button might be better.

• Like 2

Just now, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Actually that is something I've often thought, mainly in status updates, if someone posts something like someone has just died or something unpleasant, it does seem rather inappropriate to "like" it. Perhaps an "I'm sorry about that" button might be better.

Just post a response expressing your support and sadness.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

I've hit that a couple of times, and next time I can "like" what they post without problems.  I figure it's a bug as if there were a policy it should be in the rules somewhere.

3 hours ago, seeder said:

BUT...you have liked posts of mine before and since! Elsewhere!!

Adding that just in case it makes any difference!

Don't feel bad, Seeder, but it's you. You just ain't got no personality. (kidding:rofl:)

• Like 1

I've found on the odd occasion that when I've 'liked' a post and it doesn't appear to have accepted it, I refresh the page to find the 'like' is there after all.

2 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Actually that is something I've often thought, mainly in status updates, if someone posts something like someone has just died or something unpleasant, it does seem rather inappropriate to "like" it.

I feel the same about some of the topics posted on the forums. Sometimes it just doesn't feel right to give it a 'like' so I don't.

• Like 2

I got the dreaded 200 likes notice once, after reading it happened to a couple of other posters. I didn't think it was possible but they add up!

I agree though about the glitch mentioned in the OP until you refresh.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

I got the dreaded 200 likes notice once, after reading it happened to a couple of other posters. I didn't think it was possible but they add up!

I agree though about the glitch mentioned in the OP until you refresh.

200 likes is it? Well no wonder I've never seen it. I never like anything that much. :unsure: 

• Like 3

It is just this the one thread.  The like option does not show up on any of Seeders posts on that thread.  

It looks like it is fixed this morning.  Not sure how or why but the like buttons are there.  Very strange

Edited by glorybebe
  • Like 1