Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Single woman plans to marry herself

Still Waters

A single woman is so fed up with the hunt for ‘Mr Right’ that she has decided to marry herself.

Singleton Lynne Gollogly, 39, is throwing herself a full white wedding, but when she says ‘I do’ it won’t be to anyone else – just herself.

Lynne, who says she has “no interest” in being a relationship and is “happy being me”, has gone all out for her wedding, with a traditional wedding dress, ‘top secret’ venue and makeup trials.

She’s planned two hen parties ahead of the bash in April, and will also be enjoying a ‘honeymoon’ in Rome on her own.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/singleton-bored-of-waiting-for-mr-right-has-decided-to-marry-herself-140517736.html

• Like 6

And if she meets mr right does she tell him she is already married..to herself?

the things people will do for some attention!:rolleyes:

• Like 5

I have been on numerous dating websites looking for myself, but without success.

I guess I'm just not interested in the kind of relationship that I'm looking for.

• Like 7

I mean no offence to all the single mono couples looking for love and marriage with themselves. You have my suppo....er actually, maybe not. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Not Your Huckleberry said:

I tried that once. Nasty, nasty divorce. Me got mad when I wouldn't sign the papers. 

Yeah, this gal could end up not speaking to herself ever again and bad mouthing herself all over social media!

• Like 8

2 hours ago, freetoroam said:

I mean no offence to all the single mono couples looking for love and marriage with themselves. You have my suppo....er actually, maybe not. 

That's discrimination!

:o

• Like 4

2 hours ago, LV-426 said:

I proposed to myself, but got rejected :cry:

Yeah, me too. I'm just far too old and set in my ways to marry myself.

• Like 8

The article says it's not legal, but even so a contested divorce would be funny.

• Like 5

If she had a fling with a man then she would be cheating on herself. If she found out it would break her heart.;)

• Like 9

"It's always something I've wanted to do, and because 'Mr. Right' hasn't turned up yet"...

Her last boyfriend left her because she was too self involved:P

Edited by EnderOTD
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, Lilly said:

This really should read: "Single woman plans to marry herself and advertise to the world that she's an utter ding-a-ling."

Ding-a-ling.....even with utter in front of it,  it sounds so cute.:)

• Like 1

I'll take "things my crazy ex-girlfriend would do" for a thousand, Alex.

Edited by Calibeliever
  • Like 3

This goes right up there along with having to chew off your arm waking up with a ugly woman after drinking to much the night before. 

• Like 2

On 2/19/2017 at 9:46 AM, Still Waters said:

A single woman is so fed up with the hunt for ‘Mr Right’ that she has decided to marry herself.

Singleton Lynne Gollogly, 39, is throwing herself a full white wedding, but when she says ‘I do’ it won’t be to anyone else – just herself.

Lynne, who says she has “no interest” in being a relationship and is “happy being me”, has gone all out for her wedding, with a traditional wedding dress, ‘top secret’ venue and makeup trials.

She’s planned two hen parties ahead of the bash in April, and will also be enjoying a ‘honeymoon’ in Rome on her own.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/singleton-bored-of-waiting-for-mr-right-has-decided-to-marry-herself-140517736.html

This one is really stupid! I think she's just desperate to have a wedding party and honeymoon like trip.

It reminds me of the lady who married her little dog! At least she went on a honeymoon trip with a little lap pet who loved her! I can't imagine going on a honeymoon trip alone. Doesn't she realize this is not the same experience as the real thing? This amazing stupid to me, she's an just an idiot seeking attention.

• Like 3

So a gal that is so fed up with the hunt for a man for a relationship she isn't interested in having and so throws herself a wedding theme bday party for her big four-oh and take a Roman vacation.. 

I suppose. Some folks buy a sports car or date someone half their age, this gal had herself a party.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, pallidin said:

The article says it's not legal, but even so a contested divorce would be funny.

Would be legal if she had a split personality?  Then she would be marrying a different person.  Worked for Harvey Dent for 75 years, though he still loved his wife from his good half.  Maybe that's why his bad side tried to kill her.  Jealousy.

• Like 2

I Googled Ms. Gollogly.  I'm afraid she had no other choice.

• Like 1