Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

extra large ball

feeaurora

One night as a friend and i were watching telly and talking we experienced something that still makes me wonder what it might be, in a large 2bay shed turnd into a beedroom we were sitting in the middle of the room when we both turnd our heads at the same time to the left there was a huge ball of light quite faint but bright enough to make you take notice about 1 metre in diameter, i have never seen or read an orb being so large, i could not beleive my eyes we stared at it for at least 4-5 secconds then it slowly disapeard we looked back at eachother in total shock like what was that" u seen that right ", now i am into the paranoramal and my friend not at all but when that happend he had nothing to say didnt want to talk about it but will admit it was strange n he had no explination. We searched for explinations like cars, optical illusions someone playing a trick but nothing matched nothing but something paranormal.

22 minutes ago, parraona said:

One night as a friend and i were watching telly and talking we experienced something that still makes me wonder what it might be, in a large 2bay shed turnd into a beedroom we were sitting in the middle of the room when we both turnd our heads at the same time to the left there was a huge ball of light quite faint but bright enough to make you take notice about 1 metre in diameter, i have never seen or read an orb being so large, i could not beleive my eyes we stared at it for at least 4-5 secconds then it slowly disapeard we looked back at eachother in total shock like what was that" u seen that right ", now i am into the paranoramal and my friend not at all but when that happend he had nothing to say didnt want to talk about it but will admit it was strange n he had no explination. We searched for explinations like cars, optical illusions someone playing a trick but nothing matched nothing but something paranormal.

Nothing but something paranormal........Well, that is far from reality.

Things it could have been :

A made up story

Ball lightning ( doubt it )

Headlight

Light reflection

Hallucination ( yes, multiple people can see the same thing )

There are other things......Paranormal is not one of them.

Yeah, tons of these orb stories. I know I and my son's friend saw one small white orb move vertically and quickly across our tv room. It was daytime too. That is why there is an Unsolved Mysteries forum. You can't solve events that leave no evidence.

7 minutes ago, Sakari said:

Nothing but something paranormal........Well, that is far from reality.

Things it could have been :

A made up story

Ball lightning ( doubt it )

Headlight

Light reflection

Hallucination ( yes, multiple people can see the same thing )

There are other things......Paranormal is not one of them.

Why is the paranormal not possible in these many orb stories?

Fair enough each to there own

For one its my own experience with my own eyes not asking others to beleive nor preaching paranormals exsistance.

No lighting around, i think with most people when something that cant be explaind with general occurrences ie head lights that you have to start thinking of other explinations. Sitting in the same room for many nights and never seeing the same thing or anything that resembles that my conclusion to head lights or any reflection was not possible, therefore not being able to debunk this, calling it paranormal as this is not the only paranormal phenomena i have experienced

On 2/19/2017 at 7:27 PM, papageorge1 said:

Why is the paranormal not possible in these many orb stories?

Paranormal :

adjective
of or relating to the claimed occurrence of an event or perception without scientific explanation, as psychokinesis, extrasensory perception, or other purportedly supernatural phenomena.

Paranormal :

adjective
beyond normal explanation
noun
the paranormal, paranormal happenings generally

Because paranormal does not exist. ( not proven to at all )

Saying...." It is unexplained " is the correct response.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sakari said:

That pretty much sums it up.

1 hour ago, Sakari said:

Logical error (but not all that important)

What I said was: Why is the paranormal not possible in these many orb stories?

Because paranormal  orbs are not proven to exist does not mean paranormal orbs do not exist, right?

Ball lightning has known to be around during no storms , pass through a door or window without damaging it , move or hover appear disappear .... even come through the wall of a plane, match speed with the plane and move down the isle, hit someones shoulder  and they brushed it off and then it went out the back wall . 

A little understood   scientific phenomena   ;) 

• Like 1

Never seen it but some have, I wonder if Tesla had notes on it? Doubtful, though, never heard of that or seen in documentaries.  Pretty cool looking, like UFO's and obviously in some conditions down south(in the states) common or can have multiple at one time ! YEY! very cool.

Edited by MWoo7

On 2/20/2017 at 9:11 PM, papageorge1 said:

Logical error (but not all that important)

What I said was: Why is the paranormal not possible in these many orb stories?

Because paranormal  orbs are not proven to exist does not mean paranormal orbs do not exist, right?

Because unicorns are not proven to exist does not mean unicorns do not exist, right?

Because bigfoot are not proven to exist does not mean bigfoot do not exist, right?

Because evil garden gnomes are not proven to exist does not mean evil garden gnomes do not exist, right?

Because slenderman are not proven to exist does not mean slenderman do not exist, right?

I think you can see the logic is not there.........Anyway, ball lightning is a interesting thing to read about.

48 minutes ago, Sakari said:

Because unicorns are not proven to exist does not mean unicorns do not exist, right?

Because bigfoot are not proven to exist does not mean bigfoot do not exist, right?

Because evil garden gnomes are not proven to exist does not mean evil garden gnomes do not exist, right?

Because slenderman are not proven to exist does not mean slenderman do not exist, right?

Correct, but I also use reason to judge likeliness, so I would put paranormal orbs and Bigfoot far, far ahead of pink unicorns in likeliness.

56 minutes ago, Sakari said:

....Anyway, ball lightning is a interesting thing to read about.

In fact I read about ball lightening and found it interesting. But I don't believe all orbs are ball lightening either.

• Like 1