Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Top intel officials clear Trump campaign

Ashotep

17 hours ago, EnderOTD said:

Typical tactic, attack the source rather than the contents.

Meanwhile Trump is calling the media the "enemy".   So yes it's a typical tactic alright.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, and then said:

None, the import, and intent are clear.  When actual evidence is produced, I will give it its due consideration.  One point, members of any new administration have done what Flynn did.  It was not improper, let alone, illegal.  Hack pieces by the NYT and WaPo are so abundant that they are nothing but noise now.  The only people whose opinions need to be changed, ignore both of those outlets for "news".  They are basically "preaching to the choir".

Seriously?  This is just tiresome.  A claim was made that "nobody is saying" that Trump staff spoke to Russian spies. I provided evidence to the contrary.  I then explained that I make no call on who did what. Why would I?  I can't possibly know the truth. 

So glad you do. Good luck with your psychic powers.  

4 hours ago, OldNate said:

One day I'm going to come here and see all the people who say they 100% know the "facts" saying the exact same thing at the exact same time.  And then I'll strap on ice skates, and check out Lake Hell.  And I'll get there atop a flying pig.

That's funny. That's what leftist "experts" said about Trump winning the presidency.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

That's funny. That's what leftist "experts" said about Trump winning the presidency.

1)  Find me the quote from the "Leftist media" that discusses Lake Hell and flying pigs, and I'll give you my very favorite marble.  

2)  I'm not sure you understood what I meant.   :)  The point was that given all the fake news and alt facts flying around, it's amusing to "the rest of us" when Americans plant their feet in the ground and are dogmatic about anything, given the state of your media...and, well, government.  

On 2/19/2017 at 10:32 PM, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Now which "intel officials" said this?

Taking Priebus', Spicer's or Conway's word is just as reliable as believing the head honcho El Trumo Rama Lama Ding Dong himself.

Yet you will believe an article with no source named as long as its bashing Trump.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Ashotep said:

Yet you will believe an article with no source named as long as its bashing Trump.

So you admit your linked article has no named high-ranking officials just the claim from Priebus? And do you admit to  still believing it?

That is the point here since you offered that article as proof. The article remains faulty.

When others post such an article feel free to call it out. 

Edited by Avatar Samantha Ai
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

So you admit your linked article has no named high-ranking officials just the claim from Priebus? And do you admit to  still believing it?

That is the point here since you offered the article as proof.

When others post such an article feel free to call it out but no one else did. 

No one in the government or FBI has come forward to deny it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ashotep said:

No one in the government or FBI has come forward to deny it.

That does not prove it is true and should every agency with high-ranking officials each come out to confirm or deny when Priebus did not specify who or which?

Keep in mind this is under investigation so unsure how it can be cleared already. 

Should I take it that not only can Trump's team offer alternative facts but also future facts too?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, The Butler said:

Seriously?  This is just tiresome.  A claim was made that "nobody is saying" that Trump staff spoke to Russian spies. I provided evidence to the contrary.  I then explained that I make no call on who did what. Why would I?  I can't possibly know the truth. 

So glad you do. Good luck with your psychic powers.  

My impression of your tone in the discussion was that you were supporting the idea of Russian influence in the campaign.  I apologize if I judged incorrectly. The use of supposedly trustworthy "unnamed" sources, repeatedly, despite the fact that they acknowledge they have no evidence, is enough to make a person like me a bit "testy".  I still attempt, most of the time, to not be rude.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, OldNate said:

1)  Find me the quote from the "Leftist media" that discusses Lake Hell and flying pigs, and I'll give you my very favorite marble.  

2)  I'm not sure you understood what I meant.   :)  The point was that given all the fake news and alt facts flying around, it's amusing to "the rest of us" when Americans plant their feet in the ground and are dogmatic about anything, given the state of your media...and, well, government.  

Forget about it. I should remember that the internet is filled with folks who take obvious jokes in a literal way. ;)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Forget about it. I should remember that the internet is filled with folks who take obvious jokes in a literal way. ;)

So no to the marble?

• Like 3

Just now, OldNate said:

So no to the marble?

I'll pretend that I'm too young to know what that means. What are these marble things of which you speak?

• Like 4

Just now, Paranormal Panther said:

I'll pretend that I'm too young to know what that means. What are these marble things of which you speak?

You know, those things in your head?  (Sorry, if I get too friendly with you, I'm going to ruin the Leftist Jerk image I'm trying to cultivate here...)   <_<

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, OldNate said:

You know, those things [marbles] in your head?  (Sorry, if I get too friendly with you, I'm going to ruin the Leftist Jerk image I'm trying to cultivate here...)   <_<

They were in my head until I lost them. Maybe *you* should send some to *me*!

• Like 3

White House got busted trying to force the FBI into covering up for them and clearing their name. 

The FBI rejected a recent White House request to publicly knock down media reports about communications between Donald Trump's associates and Russians known to US intelligence during the 2016 presidential campaign, multiple US officials briefed on the matter tell CNN.

White House officials had sought the help of the bureau and other agencies investigating the Russia matter to say that the reports were wrong and that there had been no contacts, the officials said. The reports of the contacts were first published by The New York Times and CNN on February 14.

The direct communications between the White House and the FBI were unusual because of decade-old restrictions on such contacts. Such a request from the White House is a violation of procedures that limit communications with the FBI on pending investigations.

The discussions between the White House and the bureau began with FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe and White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus on the sidelines of a separate White House meeting the day after the stories were published, according to a U.S. law enforcement official.

The White House initially disputed that account, saying that McCabe called Priebus early that morning and said The New York Times story vastly overstates what the FBI knows about the contacts.

But a White House official later corrected their version of events to confirm what the law enforcement official described.

The same White House official said that Priebus later reached out again to McCabe and to FBI Director James Comey asking for the FBI to at least talk to reporters on background to dispute the stories. A law enforcement official says McCabe didn't discuss aspects of the case but wouldn't say exactly what McCabe told Priebus.

Comey rejected the request for the FBI to comment on the stories, according to sources, because the alleged communications between Trump associates and Russians known to US intelligence are the subject of an ongoing investigation.

<continued>

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/23/politics/fbi-refused-white-house-request-to-knock-down-recent-trump-russia-stories/

Stay tuned for the next time the Trump House gets caught with their tiny hands in the cookie jar.