Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Plane smashes into shopping centre

seeder

BREAKING: Five feared dead after aircraft PLUMMETS into Melbourne shopping centre
FIVE people are feared to be dead after an aircraft crashed into a major shopping outlet in Melbourne, causing a massive explosion.

Plumes of smoke billowed into the air after the carrier thundered into Direct Factory Outlet, a centre close to Melbourne's Essendon Airport in Australia.

Victoria Police reported the plane which was carrying five people on board crashed around 9am local time, although the store which was due to open at 10 am, was reportedly not filled with people.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/769916/Melbourne-Victoria-Australia-air-ambulance-crash-explosion-Essendon-Airport

• Like 6

This is sad.   A friend of mine said he lives only 4 miles from where it happened.  

• Like 6

Well I can only hope that maybe it was really really quick!   I don't wish fire on anything, frozen, nailed up no problem but being burned NO WAY!

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 4

Its very tragic..... Ive been in a light airplane and they are flimsy as hell....you dont have much chance when they crash...

• Like 5

It's a Beechcraft King Air according to the FAC spokeman. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyshq7QvtfrFAR7io64eF

All people on the ground have been accounted for with no injuries. 

Edited by The Butler
Changed pic
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

SHould have been in the 150 eeh uh ? maybe its 180 by now, the trainer one.

UUUUUPDATE: oh Cessna 172, no power but a tough little squirt! Ah`plenty`O plenty of nicknames for the Cessna but at least these were not among them Widowmaker, Flying Coffin or my fave THE TRASH HAULER.

Edited by MWoo7