Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nasa press conference

khol

Looking forward to what they have to say..I truly hope this is something significant!...dare I say indications of life?

• Like 3

Dobut it, more likley that they found some of these planets have either volcanic activity or liquid of somekind on the surface i think

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Mr.United_Nations said:

Dobut it, more likley that they found some of these planets have either volcanic activity or liquid of somekind on the surface i think

Very true..of course I'm overly optimistic. I am thinking along the lines of them finding high concentrations of methane in a distant planets atmosphere or something similar indicating indirect possiblilities of life but hey, I'll take anything that points in this direction!...guess we will wait and see  ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HauntedDreams80 said:

These huge announcements from NASA are usually huge let downs. Probably something to do with

It just depends what excites you.  I doubt it will be a "Grey" of a ship of Vulcans, but we can hope.

• Like 5

An earth twin?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, quillius said:

its about Roswell.

Maybe NASA found it?

Nibiru, finally gets revealed...

Nasa link nice THANKS !  
(I think I just seen a quick clip intro 1 minute, still a good link! apprec.)

Like the name STARLiner

Other link was rubbish, HARD TO READ ,  only thing clear was the insane comments.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Wes4747 said:

So... I missed it?? What were the findings??

your in luck its tomorrow the 22nd  :rolleyes:

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Mr.United_Nations said:

Is this something regarding a black hole recently?

Exoplanets...planets orbiting distant stars Its all in the link..by the way,is there a black hole approaching?..is there something we should know?!

1849221dd3ecb35559a400559c1cbc17.jpg

38 minutes ago, khol said:
1 hour ago, Wes4747 said:

So... I missed it?? What were the findings??

your in luck its tomorrow the 22nd  :rolleyes:

YEY!  see , I'd only seen like small clips every other minute or few minutes, I'd left in a pane/frame for a while and things would come on here and there then it dawned on me the 6PM text ? somewhere or somewhere at LIVE screen or no probably here YEP! W22.6PM.GMT THANKS EBE Hybrid

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Wes4747 said:

gotta be time travel possibilities linked to those blackholes and late/early posters lol 

A time thiing, happened already or 2020but we can see tomorrow ? HAHHAHAHA!

Oh STARLiner was something at NASA, module/capsule living quarters or training head/tip thing in misc. 1 minute vids at a glance I thought it was a UFO HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 1

Doing a bit of searching, it seems that the most likely announcement NASA is going to make is about planets around the star TRAPPIST-1.It is currently known to have 3 Earth sized planets orbiting it. NASA will announce that there are, in fact, seven Earth sized planets around TRAPPIST-1 and most of them are in the habitable zone.

Of course this is only a rumour.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, HauntedDreams80 said:

These huge announcements from NASA are usually huge let downs. Probably something to do with

I sort of agree that NASA do hype stuff up a bit too much, but the 'let down' could also be from having ludicrously high expectations and wanting alien life to not only be discovered but also for them to come down, take over, and fix the world for us.  But that won't be happening - I'll bet my pet tarantula on that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

I sort of agree that NASA do hype stuff up a bit too much,

Whilst I agree with you about "ludicrously high expectations," (I would go so far as to say imagination winning over common sense) I have to disagree with you about NASA hype. Here is what NASA ACTUALLY said:

NASA to Host News Conference on Discovery Beyond Our Solar System

NASA will hold a news conference at 1 p.m. EST Wednesday, Feb. 22, to present new findings on planets that orbit stars other than our sun, known as exoplanets. The event will air live on NASA Television and the agency's website.

Details of these findings are embargoed by the journal Nature until 1 p.m.

arrow3.gif  Read More: NASA

The rest of the announcement is about how to attend, a list of participants and links to watch the event live. No hype, just boringly factual. This is the standard format for a NASA announcement of a scientific discovery.

Now compare NASA.s headline to a selection from mainstream news organisations:-

The Daily Mail:

Mystery as NASA calls Wednesday press conference to announce 'major' exoplanet discovery

The Independent:

Nasa to host major press conference on 'discovery beyond our solar system'

The Express:

Nasa live stream - How to watch big announcement on ‘discovery beyond our solar system’

Fox News:

NASA set to make major exoplanet announcement

All of them describe the announcement as "major" or "big". NASA makes no such claim. I think this shows where the hype really comes from.

• Like 4

If you're interested in an interesting live stream, you can view the Southern Ring of Fire solar eclipse.

Live on Sunday 26th 12pm - 3pm GMT

• Like 1

12 hours ago, toast said:

Maybe NASA found it?

:P

• Like 1