Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Help- dont know whats going on with my dreams

THEJBUK

Hi, just here looking for some advice. I know you guys take astral projection, sleep paralysis and other things seriously on here, which is why I post.

I've had sleep paralysis for years now. Properly explored it when my Father died, I suppose through desperation to see him. I've astral projected many times and when it first happened I was instructed how to do it by a really kind lady's voice in my ear. I've heard whispers in my ear when going to sleep, so close that I can feel the breath on my cheek. I've had demons stood over me so many times that I began to lose fear of them at one point, and began just watching them whilst they thought I was sleeping. Which made me question something, big time. If sleep paralysis hallucinations are generated by the mind, why then are they still so negative even when I'm not afraid?

What I'm concerned about is that when I'm asleep, all my dreams take place in the same world, which is weird. What's more confusing is that when dreaming, I can always make decisions about what I see, where I go, etc. I'm normally aware I'm in two places. I also have access to memories I definitely do not have when awake. For example, I can remember that in my dream last week I explored that area so I won't now, and when I wake up I remember not just last night's dream but any that informed my decision-making process during it; However long ago they may have been. Anyway, last night I found where I live, or my home inside of this other world. I've never felt a feeling like it. It's a circular pod like apartment almost at the top of a huge cylindrical building. I've looked at it from below loads of times, weirdly. 

Anyway, I'm motivated to post, just to get some advice. I'm now excited to go to sleep so I can go back. It's become very weird.

I've always refused to go and see a psychic because on the one hand part of me thinks that they are conning you out of money and using your worst feelings against you, but to be honest, if I give credit to their psychic ability then it means I probably have to look at the fact that everything that happens to me can't be explained and isn't normal. 

What should I do? I'm not a dramatic person. I'm a 25-year-old trade supervisor at a popular trade supplies store. As you can imagine, I can't even mention this stuff to the people I know. 

Thanks,

Josh

• Like 1

Hi, Josh welcome aboard.

So the part you're concerned about is the recurrent dreamscape? That's not "usual," but it's been reported here (and elsewhere, of course) before, so it may be rare but not astonishingly so (or threatening). You also seem to like it there; so enjoy!

I have a private version of Cambridge, Massachusetts (not closely like the real one; I used to live there years ago IRL; but the dreamscape is "related" to the real one, so I know my way around "based on" what I remember of the real one... if that makes any sense; it does in the dream). I end up there once in a while, sometimes I have different memories when I do end up there; I've never been lucid (knowing that I'm dreaming when I'm dreaming) in this alternate-Cambridge.

Oh yeah, I like it there. And the traffic is much easier than in the real one, too :) .

On the sleep paralysis thing, you seem to have made a lot of progress on your own. There wouldn't be any reason, though, that your having overcome the fear of a certain theme of hallucination would prevent the theme from occurring. Or did I misunderstand something?

On astral projection stuff, I'll defer to another poster who's bound to show up (preacherman, where are you?). Just a question, though, my own curiosity, when you wrote

1 hour ago, THEJBUK said:

when it first happened I was instructed how to do it by a really kind lady's voice in my ear.

That lady's a dream character? Ever dreamt her before or since?

Edited by eight bits
  • Like 1

Well honestly I don't have a clue about the whole dream situation... If you can control what you do then it's lucid dreaming, which is basically just, well, being able to control your dream as if you were there. Not sure about a rule that says negative thoughts can only stem from fear, I still have nightmares and I'm not afraid. But that's pretty much all I can say... I'm no dream expert.

You're right to not trust self-proclaimed "psychics" though, they probably are conning you out of your money. Never trust anyone who has it in their best interest to be dishonest. Even if they're legit, anything they could tell you in person for cash people will be able to tell you online for free. Also don't trust seemingly really kind ladies that whisper in your ear while you sleep.

Sorry I can't really be more helpful

On 2/21/2017 at 6:24 PM, eight bits said:

Hi, Josh welcome aboard.

So the part you're concerned about is the recurrent dreamscape? That's not "usual," but it's been reported here (and elsewhere, of course) before, so it may be rare but not astonishingly so (or threatening). You also seem to like it there; so enjoy!

I have a private version of Cambridge, Massachusetts (not closely like the real one; I used to live there years ago IRL; but the dreamscape is "related" to the real one, so I know my way around "based on" what I remember of the real one... if that makes any sense; it does in the dream). I end up there once in a while, sometimes I have different memories when I do end up there; I've never been lucid (knowing that I'm dreaming when I'm dreaming) in this alternate-Cambridge.

Oh yeah, I like it there. And the traffic is much easier than in the real one, too :) .

On the sleep paralysis thing, you seem to have made a lot of progress on your own. There wouldn't be any reason, though, that your having overcome the fear of a certain theme of hallucination would prevent the theme from occurring. Or did I misunderstand something?

On astral projection stuff, I'll defer to another poster who's bound to show up (preacherman, where are you?). Just a question, though, my own curiosity, when you wrote

That lady's a dream character? Ever dreamt her before or since?

B)I don't know how but I totally missed this thread. Looks like it's been a few days since the OP has been here. I'll wait to see if he comes back before writing out a long shpeel. 

• Like 1

Ok guess I'm not gonna wait lol. At least over a couple things said here. First like 8 said, you are doing great with sleep paralysis. That is all about controlling your fear. I believe you are really close to something profound. Personally I believe you are still seeing negative things while in SP, cause of a lack in confrontation. You said you are no longer afraid, which is great, but you pretend to be asleep as it looks over your body. I'd strongly suggest, as long as you can continue to control your fear, that you let it know full well you are completely awake. In fact right then would be a great time to get out of body, and stand your ground so to speak. Im surprised to know you haven't had this confrontation already being that you astral project. Surprised it hasn't sought you out during your travels.

One thing you said has me completely speechless. You learned how to astral project from a ladies voice that came during SP? Now That I have never heard. If you ever come back to this thread I'd really like to dive into that.

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 1