Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your most recent act of compassion?

Four Winds

What was your most recent act of compassion?  Feel free to brag about it.

Anything from you didn't nudge your spouse when he or she was snoring to you helped a homeless person find a home.

Edited by Four Winds
  • Like 2

I don't know if this is compassion and I'm not bragging , I helped a elderly lady at the market , she was $ 2.32 short having enough to pay for her groceries . 

• Like 8

It seems that on every highway on ramp somebody stands with a sign. I carry a couple of $1 coins in my pocket. .  At the rest stop I frequent on my interstate travels there is always someone with a sign.  In addition to the coins, I also talk to them if they are willing.  Some are vets, some are families with little or no resource, some are travelers of one sort or another. Lots of stories from these human beings if you have time to stop and talk. Some play music for their supper, I got a hand drawn and colored thank you card from another. Some of these folks had more hard luck than they knew how to deal with.  Most of the time, I can do little to help them but listen to them  and give them a few dollars.   I encounter a few con-men, but most of them approach you at stores or shopping center parking lots.  I wish I could say I helped someone find a home or job, but I have not.  Can America be great if we leave this many people behind?

• Like 9

At my regular bar tonight I soon moved from my initial stool to one next to anther guy I know from many visits who would prefer my presence. It was just guy time.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 6

Do mercy flushes count? :w00t:

• Like 4

Dude didn't have enough money to pay for his food. Gave him what he shorted

• Like 7

What an excellent thread!

In my teens I was street homeless, so I have enormous compassion for those suffering this condition. I always do what I can for them (be it buying the Big Issue for more than its cost, getting them a hot/cold drink pending on weather etc).

However, my most recent act of compassion concerned reaching out to someone online who has a peculiar dislike of me (not shared by other members in the chat room).  I knew that him taking ginger daily would affect his antibiotics that he was on.  I shared this knowledge with him.  He was ungrateful and derisory but at least I tried to do what I can, i.e. offered an olive branch.  His response did upset me though.

I would like to share a very good site that relates to being proactive on this topic

Click 'get inspired' on this link

https://www.randomactsofkindness.org/

Edited by sees
  • Like 5

Today, I let a woman out of a car park where she was, as I had been until minutes before, stuck at the mercy of a set of temporary lights. At which point the bloke behind, who'd let me out, starts blaring his horn at me, and tail gated me until I had an opportunity to stop get out to remonstrate with him, at which point he sped off. Why? 

• Like 5

16 hours ago, and then said:

Do mercy flushes count? :w00t:

The courtesy flush, or mercy flush, is a truly selfless act  No rewards or accolades expected :lol:

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Darkenpath25 said:

I don't know if this is compassion and I'm not bragging , I helped a elderly lady at the market , she was $ 2.32 short having enough to pay for her groceries . 

Nice job!  I bet you are also the guy that lets the person behind you with one item go in front of you at the checkout counter.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Four Winds said:

Nice job!  I bet you are also the guy that lets the person behind you with one item go in front of you at the checkout counter.

Yes If they have just a few always.

• Like 3

Not my doing but dads. Last Saturday he popped out to the supermarket to get a few things, hears this woman SCREAMING and throwing her sunshade thing out of her car. BIG Huntsmans (big hairy Aussie Spider) was on her car door, she calls out to dad can you please help and kill the spider? Dad walks over gently flicks the spider off the door, spider runs away, lady thanks him and picks sun shade back up. He said to her if you'd closed the door it would have either gotten squashed or fallen off door when you drove away. He thought it was a Wasp she was screaming about. In our house he takes the harmless spiders, plus moths (no real reason but the big ones I fear) outside so they live another day since they catch the bugs.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, seaturtlehorsesnake said:

i did not hit a man in the head with a tire

Hmm... that's me out then :(

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ruby04 said:

In our house he takes the harmless spiders, plus moths (no real reason but the big ones I fear) outside so they live another day since they catch the bugs.

Your dad can have free lodgings if he's ever in Britain... I bloody hate moths! :cry:

• Like 2

All the stories from freinds families and aquintences that I actually can care less about hearing but I give my full attention anyways 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LV-426 said:

Hmm... that's me out then :(

honestly it might just have been because the opportunity never presented itself

• Like 1

Staying late at school to ensure other people's kids get safely on transportation while my own waits for me...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LV-426 said:

Your dad can have free lodgings if he's ever in Britain... I bloody hate moths! :cry:

I have a fear of big bugs (other then Butterflies and Dragon Flies) we get those huge rain moths :(

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Cut a tree up into logs for a elderly guy in my neighborhood . It fell during a severe storm we had last week

• Like 1