Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scientists finally solve 'ketchup problem'

UM-Bot

I thought the age-old ketchup problem was solved by simply storing the bottle upside down. Ummm, I suppose that would be too low tech though.

• Like 6

This is ooooolllld news. Liquiglide has been around for years. I think the problem with actually applying this is that the whole point of glass bottles is to AVOID extra chemicals from plastics? Also, highdesert50, I feel like any scientist just suddenly coming out and saying that this is the perfect solution isn't big on logic :P

Hey you know that thing that was slightly annoying 20 years ago before squirt bottles got popular? Yea we spent a million to fix that problem for you.

• Like 1

Another potentially dangerous but ve-e-e-ry convenient thing we're going to put into our bodies.

Everyone is so worried about chemicals these days.  If it wasn't chemicals, which basically everything is made of, there'd be something else.  I'm sure everyone stopped chargrilling their burgers when the news about carbon being a carcinogen.  We're carbon-based for crying out loud!  Yes, some chemicals are very much worse than others and all should be treated with respect. But without chemicals our life spans would still probably be in the low 40's.  I know without chemicals, I'd have been dead a long time ago.

• Like 1

I'm sure many, like me, just made sure the cap was on tight, gripped the bottle towards the bottom, and swung it downwards hard a couple times?

Much of the ketchup is then now towards the cap.

But like mentioned earlier, just use squeeze bottles. But I still do the above method anyway when the ketchup (or other condiment) content is low.

• Like 1

I just make sloppy joes out of the last of the bottle. Put some water in bottle, then pour it in the pan with some mustard, brown sugar, onion, and hamburger.  The kids would alway alert me to  bottle getting low, so I would make them their sloppy joes. 

• Like 1

Given the plethora of things waiting to be researched from medical science, astrophysics et al , we are supposed to herald this as a scientific breakthrough? Another wasted research grant solving first world problems.

And if anyone wants to suggest it has a beneficial application, then why was this "wondrous" breakthrough announced using the medium of a ketchup bottle? They clearly have the pulse of modern life, and modern thinking it seems.....

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 9:00 PM, coolguy said:

I add just a little water to,yhe botlle and shake no more sticking

That's what I do. But that's too common sense.