Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2 young teens murdered

Myles

24 minutes ago, Future ghost said:

At least he'll get what he has coming to him.If one of those girls were my daughter prison would be a vacation for him. But from what I have heard prison justice is not something he'll enjoy. Good! He deserves every horrible thing they do to him, and then some. Hope he gets life so he can experience prison justice every day.

I bet they never catch him.   Been too long.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Myles said:

I bet they never catch him.   Been too long.

I really hope that's not true. It's possible someone out there knows something and is just not coming forward. Some crimes take years to solve, sadly, and so far its only been a few months. Any updates on this case? DNA, anything yet? Maybe he'll be one of those people who commit a crime, then get drunk and brag about it. We can only hope.

• Like 1

The guy on the bridge appears to me to be out of place. I mean, physically, he appears to me as out of shape, and he also appears to me to be dressed more suitable for an outdoor sport of some kind rather than for exercise on a nature trail.

• Like 1

How come the cops didnt arrest somebody yet ?? Is this gonna be one of those cases that nobody is caught for a long time.they have a suspect lock him up or there is more to the story like maybe a cops son killed them u never know

• Like 1

10 hours ago, coolguy said:

How come the cops didnt arrest somebody yet ?? Is this gonna be one of those cases that nobody is caught for a long time.they have a suspect lock him up or there is more to the story like maybe a cops son killed them u never know

I agree. But just because they have a suspect doesn't necessarily mean that person is guilty of the crime. They have to have all their ducks in a row before they can make an arrest, or it could be their butts on the line, such as a lawsuit for false arrest. I do hope they catch him soon. I can't imagine what the families are going through. Worst nightmare ever.

On 4/6/2017 at 10:41 AM, Myles said:

Not much to update:

http://fox59.com/2017/04/03/man-admits-to-driving-to-dump-on-day-delphi-teens-were-found-murdered-on-his-property/

DELPHI, Ind. – Ron Logan admitted to a Carroll County judge that he violated probation by driving to a county dumpsite on the day two young Delphi girls were murdered on his land.

Investigators told FOX59 that Logan’s unauthorized road trip on February 13, the day Liberty Germany and Abigail Williams disappeared, happened hours before the two girls were dropped off at a hiking trail east of town.

Logan is not considered a suspect in the killings.

The 77-year-old man was on probation for a 2014 operating while intoxicated conviction and was found to be a habitual traffic offender.

His high-profile locally and in news reports about the killings coincided with not only the trip to the Carroll County Waste Transfer Station but also an admitted visit to a restaurant in Tippecanoe County, where Logan was spotted drinking alcohol in violation of his probation.

Logan was jailed and held without bond one month ago.

“We allege that he violated those conditions of his probation by drinking, by having access to his vehicle which he wasn’t supposed to have and by driving while he’s adjudicated as a habitual traffic violator,” said Deputy Prosecutor Jerry Beam after Logan accepted a guilty plea. “There would have been evidence and/or testimony about his driving to the transfer station and also to the fact that he consumed alcoholic beverages at the Americus Pizza King.”

Logan remains held without bond and returns for sentencing next Monday

He faces up to four-and-a-half years in prison.

The pictures don't seem to be of a 77 yo man. That guy looks to be in his early 30's or so. It's possible he's a passer through, like a truck driver or something similar to that. In a town with a population of just over 1,000, he'd be easily recognized by someone because in small towns, everybody knows everybody.

3 hours ago, susieice said:

The pictures don't seem to be of a 77 yo man. That guy looks to be in his early 30's or so. It's possible he's a passer through, like a truck driver or something similar to that. In a town with a population of just over 1,000, he'd be easily recognized by someone because in small towns, everybody knows everybody.

Very true, the guy in the pictures is definitely not 77 years old. Why hasn't anyone cleaned those pictures up a bit to get a better look at him? Like I said in an earlier post, it's definitely possible that someone does know who he is and is just keeping quiet about it to protect him. It happens all the time. I do like the truck driver theory, makes sense, especially in a small town where everyone knows everyone else. Very easy to pass through,kill someone,and just keep truckin'. I saw the pics of the 77 yo, and he does look darn good for that age though. I'm not saying he did it, but he looks like he could be physically capable of doing it. I guess my point is why haven't these pics of the guy on the trail not been cleaned up yet so we can get a better look at him? Does the trail he was on lead to and from the town? Has any other security camera footage from in town been checked for his image? Cameras are everywhere now, and truck drivers need to make stops, so if he did a camera somewhere probably has a better picture of him. I think it's at least worth a try. They'd have nothing to lose, and possibly some good evidence to gain.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Future ghost said:

Very true, the guy in the pictures is definitely not 77 years old. Why hasn't anyone cleaned those pictures up a bit to get a better look at him? Like I said in an earlier post, it's definitely possible that someone does know who he is and is just keeping quiet about it to protect him. It happens all the time. I do like the truck driver theory, makes sense, especially in a small town where everyone knows everyone else. Very easy to pass through,kill someone,and just keep truckin'. I saw the pics of the 77 yo, and he does look darn good for that age though. I'm not saying he did it, but he looks like he could be physically capable of doing it. I guess my point is why haven't these pics of the guy on the trail not been cleaned up yet so we can get a better look at him? Does the trail he was on lead to and from the town? Has any other security camera footage from in town been checked for his image? Cameras are everywhere now, and truck drivers need to make stops, so if he did a camera somewhere probably has a better picture of him. I think it's at least worth a try. They'd have nothing to lose, and possibly some good evidence to gain.

I agree Future ghost. All interstate tollbooths have cameras and if someone in town could remember seeing a certain truck or a strange vehicle in town that day, it would sure help. Someone who jumped off the highway probably went to fuel up and eat. Did police check the surveillance cameras at gas stations and restaurants for that day? It's also possible these girls were talking to someone on the internet that they decided to meet. Kids do things like that these days. Wonder if forensics were done on their computers and cell phones.

I just don't think it's a local person because the townspeople would know each other well enough to be able to recognize someone in even a really bad pic.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, coolguy said:

Is this gonna be one of those cases that nobody is caught for a long time.

It's looking that way to me.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

New information will be released soon, "man on the bridge" is still the main suspect

DELPHI, Ind. -- Indiana State Police will release new evidence in the investigation into the murders of Abigail Williams and Libby German on Monday, Call 6 Investigates has learned.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/crime/call-6-indiana-state-police-to-release-new-evidence-in-delphi-investigation

http://www.wthr.com/article/new-evidence-to-be-released-in-delphi-murder-investigation

• Like 1

It's been 3 months. I hope someone can ID this guy from the new sketch. Just curious because the link says 1000 people were interviewed and 20 people had been arrested in this case. Anyone know why?

From the link:

Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said investigators have received over 18,000 tips and interviewed over 1,000 potential suspects. More than 20 people have been arrested on unrelated charges because of the case, but so far no one has been charged with Libby and Abby's murders.

Sounds like they round up everybody in the area who has any arrest warrants hoping to get information.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.wthr.com/article/fbi-sketch-spurs-6000-tips-in-slayings-of-2-indiana-girls

Published: 08/13/17 03:34 am EDT.

DELPHI, Ind. (AP) - Authorities say they've received more than 6,000 tips since police released a composite sketch of the suspected killer of two northern Indiana girls.

State Police Sgt. Kim Riley says officers are working their way through the tips generated by the July 17 release of an FBI artist's sketch of the man.

Riley tells the Journal and Courier that between 20 and 30 officers continue investigating the killings of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams, six months after their murders.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, The Russian Hare said:

Hope it leads somewhere.   My guess is most of those tips were madeinvolving a couple unlucky guys who happen to look like the sketch.   Wouldn't that be a bummer if you liked wearing the newsboy-like hats and looked kind of like the sketch?

• Like 3

Sounds like they might have more that they are holding back.

http://cbs4indy.com/2017/08/14/lead-detective-in-delphi-murders-confirms-police-have-more-audio-from-teens-phone-dna-evidence/

Police tell us they have conducted hundreds of interviews, followed up on thousands of leads and served dozens of search warrants to find clues that the killer may have left behind, including DNA.

“At every crime scene, you are going to have DNA. We are still working on identifying all of the DNA that we have there,” said Sgt. Holeman.

Along with DNA evidence, police also have the suspect's voice. Police tell us Libby recorded the killer’s voice on her cell phone, telling the girls to go down the hill. Investigators say she hit record after he approached them near the Monon High Bridge.

Sgt. Holeman tells us investigators recovered more audio from Libby’s phone, which was found with the girls at the crime scene.

“It does not appear to be anything more than some discussion between the girls. We have only released a portion of it. There are some others we think could help us but again protecting the integrity of the investigation is key so we cannot release everything because there are certain people that know the details and if we release it all then we get into false confessions,” said Sgt. Holeman.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Some speculation in Colorado that it may be this murderer arrested for other crime:

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/09/27/hatchet-man-el-paso-county-indiana-daniel-nations/

Alleged ‘Hatchet Man’ Arrested, May Be Linked To Other Crimes

EL PASO COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4)– Disturbing new details have emerged in the unsolved shooting death of Palmer Lake bicyclist Tim Watkins that may link the suspect to unsolved murders several states away.

• Like 1

It would be my guess they have caught the same man, for both crimes. He had expired Indiana tags, where the girls were murdered, the murders happened on hiking, natures trails, and the composite looks a lot like him. Now he has a full beard to hide the goatee sported in the composite. Hopefully they will be able to link the two based on DNA or other evidence gathered.

daniel-nations.jpg

delphi-suspect-sketch.jpg

daniel-nations1.jpg

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 4

Good job. Glad they caught the man who did this. It will be a relief to the girls' families.

• Like 2

Hey Myles, I see that you have already started this thread and I started another one later not knowing this.

My apologizes...

Pallidin