Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
Myles

2 young teens murdered

38 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Future ghost said:

At least he'll get what he has coming to him.If one of those girls were my daughter prison would be a vacation for him. But from what I have heard prison justice is not something he'll enjoy. Good! He deserves every horrible thing they do to him, and then some. Hope he gets life so he can experience prison justice every day.

I bet they never catch him.   Been too long.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 minute ago, Myles said:

I bet they never catch him.   Been too long.

I really hope that's not true. It's possible someone out there knows something and is just not coming forward. Some crimes take years to solve, sadly, and so far its only been a few months. Any updates on this case? DNA, anything yet? Maybe he'll be one of those people who commit a crime, then get drunk and brag about it. We can only hope.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guy on the bridge appears to me to be out of place. I mean, physically, he appears to me as out of shape, and he also appears to me to be dressed more suitable for an outdoor sport of some kind rather than for exercise on a nature trail.

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How come the cops didnt arrest somebody yet ?? Is this gonna be one of those cases that nobody is caught for a long time.they have a suspect lock him up or there is more to the story like maybe a cops son killed them u never know

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, coolguy said:

How come the cops didnt arrest somebody yet ?? Is this gonna be one of those cases that nobody is caught for a long time.they have a suspect lock him up or there is more to the story like maybe a cops son killed them u never know

I agree. But just because they have a suspect doesn't necessarily mean that person is guilty of the crime. They have to have all their ducks in a row before they can make an arrest, or it could be their butts on the line, such as a lawsuit for false arrest. I do hope they catch him soon. I can't imagine what the families are going through. Worst nightmare ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2017 at 10:41 AM, Myles said:

Not much to update:

http://fox59.com/2017/04/03/man-admits-to-driving-to-dump-on-day-delphi-teens-were-found-murdered-on-his-property/

 

DELPHI, Ind. – Ron Logan admitted to a Carroll County judge that he violated probation by driving to a county dumpsite on the day two young Delphi girls were murdered on his land.

Investigators told FOX59 that Logan’s unauthorized road trip on February 13, the day Liberty Germany and Abigail Williams disappeared, happened hours before the two girls were dropped off at a hiking trail east of town.

Logan is not considered a suspect in the killings.

The 77-year-old man was on probation for a 2014 operating while intoxicated conviction and was found to be a habitual traffic offender.

His high-profile locally and in news reports about the killings coincided with not only the trip to the Carroll County Waste Transfer Station but also an admitted visit to a restaurant in Tippecanoe County, where Logan was spotted drinking alcohol in violation of his probation.

Logan was jailed and held without bond one month ago.

“We allege that he violated those conditions of his probation by drinking, by having access to his vehicle which he wasn’t supposed to have and by driving while he’s adjudicated as a habitual traffic violator,” said Deputy Prosecutor Jerry Beam after Logan accepted a guilty plea. “There would have been evidence and/or testimony about his driving to the transfer station and also to the fact that he consumed alcoholic beverages at the Americus Pizza King.”

Logan remains held without bond and returns for sentencing next Monday

He faces up to four-and-a-half years in prison.

The pictures don't seem to be of a 77 yo man. That guy looks to be in his early 30's or so. It's possible he's a passer through, like a truck driver or something similar to that. In a town with a population of just over 1,000, he'd be easily recognized by someone because in small towns, everybody knows everybody.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, susieice said:

The pictures don't seem to be of a 77 yo man. That guy looks to be in his early 30's or so. It's possible he's a passer through, like a truck driver or something similar to that. In a town with a population of just over 1,000, he'd be easily recognized by someone because in small towns, everybody knows everybody.

Very true, the guy in the pictures is definitely not 77 years old. Why hasn't anyone cleaned those pictures up a bit to get a better look at him? Like I said in an earlier post, it's definitely possible that someone does know who he is and is just keeping quiet about it to protect him. It happens all the time. I do like the truck driver theory, makes sense, especially in a small town where everyone knows everyone else. Very easy to pass through,kill someone,and just keep truckin'. I saw the pics of the 77 yo, and he does look darn good for that age though. I'm not saying he did it, but he looks like he could be physically capable of doing it. I guess my point is why haven't these pics of the guy on the trail not been cleaned up yet so we can get a better look at him? Does the trail he was on lead to and from the town? Has any other security camera footage from in town been checked for his image? Cameras are everywhere now, and truck drivers need to make stops, so if he did a camera somewhere probably has a better picture of him. I think it's at least worth a try. They'd have nothing to lose, and possibly some good evidence to gain.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Future ghost said:

Very true, the guy in the pictures is definitely not 77 years old. Why hasn't anyone cleaned those pictures up a bit to get a better look at him? Like I said in an earlier post, it's definitely possible that someone does know who he is and is just keeping quiet about it to protect him. It happens all the time. I do like the truck driver theory, makes sense, especially in a small town where everyone knows everyone else. Very easy to pass through,kill someone,and just keep truckin'. I saw the pics of the 77 yo, and he does look darn good for that age though. I'm not saying he did it, but he looks like he could be physically capable of doing it. I guess my point is why haven't these pics of the guy on the trail not been cleaned up yet so we can get a better look at him? Does the trail he was on lead to and from the town? Has any other security camera footage from in town been checked for his image? Cameras are everywhere now, and truck drivers need to make stops, so if he did a camera somewhere probably has a better picture of him. I think it's at least worth a try. They'd have nothing to lose, and possibly some good evidence to gain.

I agree Future ghost. All interstate tollbooths have cameras and if someone in town could remember seeing a certain truck or a strange vehicle in town that day, it would sure help. Someone who jumped off the highway probably went to fuel up and eat. Did police check the surveillance cameras at gas stations and restaurants for that day? It's also possible these girls were talking to someone on the internet that they decided to meet. Kids do things like that these days. Wonder if forensics were done on their computers and cell phones.

I just don't think it's a local person because the townspeople would know each other well enough to be able to recognize someone in even a really bad pic.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, coolguy said:

Is this gonna be one of those cases that nobody is caught for a long time.

It's looking that way to me.

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New information will be released soon, "man on the bridge" is still the main suspect

Quote

DELPHI, Ind. -- Indiana State Police will release new evidence in the investigation into the murders of Abigail Williams and Libby German on Monday, Call 6 Investigates has learned.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/crime/call-6-indiana-state-police-to-release-new-evidence-in-delphi-investigation

http://www.wthr.com/article/new-evidence-to-be-released-in-delphi-murder-investigation

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been 3 months. I hope someone can ID this guy from the new sketch. Just curious because the link says 1000 people were interviewed and 20 people had been arrested in this case. Anyone know why?

From the link:

Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said investigators have received over 18,000 tips and interviewed over 1,000 potential suspects. More than 20 people have been arrested on unrelated charges because of the case, but so far no one has been charged with Libby and Abby's murders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like they round up everybody in the area who has any arrest warrants hoping to get information.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.