Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Something trying to manifest

RavenBlack

It started 6 months ago when I had a couple of weeks of sleep paralysis which wasn't pleasant at best.  After I started sleeping properly again I began dreaming of a green mist in my bedroom which scares me intensely in my dreams. It tends to move with purpose & quickly move through me which leaves me which what feels like a 2 or 3 second tremor all over my body & my head shakes from side to side. I thought it was just a reoccurring nightmare when I awoke to it going through me & having what felt like a seizure while fully awake. 

It seemed to stop for a while.  I began seeing shadow people in my room during sleep paralysis. One even left me a gift at the end of my bed. What looked like a dark pyramid which fell when I kicked it. My cat chased it but it wasn't there in the morning. 

Now I've begun to see bright blue orbs during the day. They startle me because I don'the expect to see them but they don't frighten me. They are very real & very beautiful. I also see violet coloured silhouettes which my dogs watch as they move - so it's not just in my head. 

Last night however I lost my nerve & went to sleep away from the bedroom. Blue flame like lights began trying to manifest into that green mist. I was awake, in fact I couldn't sleep. And it scared me. It pulsates as it tries to manifest almost like it takes effort.

I have no idea what it is or what it wants? I would like to know why me, & how can I help it if it needs my help?

Thanks!

Edited by RavenBlack
  • Like 1

Has any human seen these silhouettes? 

It's hard to base fact on what you think a dog is seeing, they don't perceive violet as we would.

Go to a doctor and explain what is happening. Get a thorough check up first and then go from there.

59 minutes ago, RavenBlack said:

I began seeing shadow people in my room during sleep paralysis.

How do you know about the term "shadow people"?

Redefining Success - They watch it move just like I do & sometimes bark until it disappears. I don't know how it appears to them.  It might look different to my dogs.  But I find it offensive that posting about my experiences on here where people talk about all sorts & you immediately assume I must be mentally ill. I thought this was a place where people could discuss the paranormal without being called crazy. 

Edited by RavenBlack

6 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

How do you know about the term "shadow people"?

I read up on this kind of thing when I began seeing it. Mine looks like a hooded figure that keeps appearing at the end of my bed. 

RavenBlack, the problem with sleep paralysis is that the hallucinations feel so real, the experience is enormously difficult to forget or recover from. Indeed, the fear experienced during a sleep paralysis episode can stick for a very long time afterward. Seeing shadow people and other seemingly paranormal entities are common hallucination during sleep paralysis, and whilst very creepy, are nothing tear. It's important to understand, and accept, that sleep paralysis is a sleep disorder — not a paranormal occurrence  — and that whatever hallucinations accompany it are in no way real.

Seeing blue orbs and violet colored silhouettes whilst awake, however, is a whole other matter altogether — and in no way associated with sleep paralysis or the paranormal. I would strongly encourage you to see an ophthalmologist to make sure there's nothing going on with your eyes. It's always better to err on the side of caution, than to attribute your experiences to something far-fetched and unrealistic.

Take care of yourself.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, RavenBlack said:

I read up on this kind of thing when I began seeing it. Mine looks like a hooded figure that keeps appearing at the end of my bed. 

Then i suggest you do not read any more creepy stories, The shadow people are not real, but having dreams about them is not strange, it would be strange if you had never read about them =  but I guarantee you would not have had any dreams about shadow people if you had never read about them = see how the mind can work now, especially when you are dreaming?

and this:

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Claire. said:

accept, that sleep paralysis is a sleep disorder — not a paranormal occurrence  — and that whatever hallucinations accompany it are in no way real.

:tu:

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 2

No one suggested you're mentally ill but there are sleep issues that can cause hallucinations as well as eye issues that could cause what you are seeing.

Have you tried to photograph or video these things you see?

Honestly, I don't understand why people are so quick to rule out normal explainations in favor of paranormal answers. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RavenBlack said:

Redefining Success - They watch it move just like I do & sometimes bark until it disappears. I don't know how it appears to them.  It might look different to my dogs.  But I find it offensive that posting about my experiences on here where people talk about all sorts & you immediately assume I must be mentally ill. I thought this was a place where people could discuss the paranormal without being called crazy. 

What is more likely, that you are experiencing the exact symptoms of a well known sleep disorder called sleep paralysis or something never recorded by science is occurring in your bedroom at night?    Id it is bothering you this much then at least read the info at the provided link and if the symptoms sound familiar then maybe you can get some help that will allow you t sleep a little better.  http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/guide/sleep-paralysis#1

BTW, sleep paralysis is NOT a mental illness, it is just your bodies inability to transition through te stages of normal sleep.  Here is an excerpt from the linked article

Over the centuries, symptoms of sleep paralysis have been described in many ways and often attributed to an "evil" presence: unseen night demons in ancient times, the old hag in Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, and alien abductors. Almost every culture throughout history has had stories of shadowy evil creatures that terrify helpless humans at night. People have long sought explanations for this mysterious sleep-time paralysis and the accompanying feelings of terror.

Sound familiar?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RavenBlack said:

Who exactly mentioned a mental illness?

I find it offensive that you assume I'm implying that your mentally ill.

You have posted here seeking answers. Let's rule out the mundane first shall we, or, must we jump to the conclusion that you are experiencing a paranormal phenomenon, which has never been proved? 

A friend of mine was seeing things, turns out he had a brain tumour pressing on his optic nerves. 

If you want to hear hooves and think zebras, go right ahead, but don't expect to like every reply on a PUBLIC forum, a forum, which, we attempt to find a rational explanation to your questions. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Redefining Success said:

Who exactly mentioned a mental illness?

I find it offensive that you assume I'm implying that your mentally ill.

You have posted here seeking answers. Let's rule out the mundane first shall we, or, must we jump to the conclusion that you are experiencing a paranormal phenomenon, which has never been proved? 

A friend of mine was seeing things, turns out he had a brain tumour pressing on his optic nerves. 

If you want to hear hooves and think zebras, go right ahead, but don't expect to like every reply on a PUBLIC forum, a forum, which, we attempt to find a rational explanation to your questions. 

The scary thing about this silliness is that a person may be so hell bent on experiencing something supernatural that they allow a medical condition to advance to the point that they are permanently damaged physically or mentally.   No one here is diagnosing a medical condition but bringing the symptoms to the attention of a medical professional would be advisable and if nothing is wrong then they can pursue their fantasies.

• Like 3