Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange hairy creature washes up

seeder

What is this mysterious giant blob creature? Locals baffled after hairy-looking beast washes up in the Philippines

Stunned locals have flocked to the beach in Cagdainao, Dinagat Islands to gawp
    The huge white hairy beast came ashore following a recent earthquake
    Pictures have since gone viral online with people trying to solve the mystery

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4253402/Locals-baffled-hairy-beast-washes-Philippines.html#ixzz4ZXHWO0Hu

That's no way to talk about the president of the United States!

• Like 3

'Strange hairy creature washes up'? And about time too!! <_<

• Like 2

What purpose would hair serve for a sea creature?  I mean in humans wet hair, allegedly, leads you to getting a cold! Ok old wives tale perhaps... I mean fur seals have fur, but then again they spend a lot of time on land.....as penguins do

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, seeder said:

What purpose would hair serve for a sea creature?  I mean in humans wet hair, allegedly, leads you to getting a cold! Ok old wives tale perhaps... I mean fur seals have fur, but then again they spend a lot of time on land.....as penguins do

The "hair" on this one is collagen. When whale collagen fibers decay, they resemble hair.

• Like 3

If this has caused flocks of people to appear and is supposedly gone viral you would think the article could at least get a serious veternarian to weigh-in before the end of the article. As if we already didn't know journalists love the sensational.

Edited by papageorge1

From the article:

The beast is actually a 20 foot long whale carcass, local scientists have said

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

If this has caused flocks of people to appear and is supposedly gone viral you would think the article could at least get a serious veternarian to weigh-in. As if we already didn't know journalists love the sensational.

you checked out the article didnt you? Even with all your intelligence and wisdom!!

THATS why things like this go viral....people like you, me, all the others on UM....and all the others online worldwide..... we all want see to see what the strange hairy creature is that washed up

even if its explanation is eventually proven to be nothing spectacular

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

If this has caused flocks of people to appear and is supposedly gone viral you would think the article could at least get a serious veternarian to weigh-in before the end of the article. As if we already didn't know journalists love the sensational.

That's why I usually start at the bottom.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2017 at 1:51 PM, seeder said:

I was thinking that it may be a whale or something that we know of. I once saw a video of a mysterious creature that ended up being a hair-less bear.

• Like 1