Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Seeing orbs

Gavin Jones

I have many of pics of them. Not sure what they are but they're not dust, rain,snow or lens spots. I enhanced the edges and zoomed in on one and...I don't know what to think.If you look close it looks like two faces one looks not human but the other looks human. Very strange. Here are the pics.

original pic in backyard.png

orb-face.jpg

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, RDC said:

I have many of pics of them. Not sure what they are but they're not dust, rain,snow or lens spots. I enhanced the edges and zoomed in on one and...I don't know what to think.If you look close it looks like two faces one looks not human but the other looks human. Very strange. Here are the pics.

orb-face.jpg

How do you know they're not dust, rain,etc.? Is the camera sealed in an airtight, sterile container? 

• Like 1

Yes i have seen many orbs with my own eyes i have seen one move quickly stop suddenly then turn to face me i know for a fact that was not dust i also could feel the energy of it. 

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 9:29 PM, RDC said:

orb-face.jpg

Matrixing, if you ask me. Your brain is trying to pick out familiar shapes in a mass of randomness, I for example see a " C: " rather than a human face. You said yourself that the lower image is zoomed-in, maxtrixing will be even more probable with such a low-resolution image. As I have said in other threads I do not think orbs should be seen as signs of ghostly presence. The orbs in the upper photo are very similar to dust particles illuminated by the camera's flash.

About 10 years ago i lived in an apartment and after hearing about orbs started taking pics in my apartment at night.  There were orbs all over...I just passed them off as dust till I set up the camera on a stable surface and took a few shots repeatedly.  I could see orbs moving across the room quickly...freaked me out! ...that was enough photography for me and pretended they weren't there.

• 2 months later...

I know they are not dust etc because I have taken pics where they are behind barrels cars etc. Not only that but for a split second you can see them with the naked eye in the flash

In my opinion it's not paranormal.

So if they're not dust, moisture, pollen, etc., what do you think they are? 

Anytime anyone says "I know for a fact it wasn't dust/droplets/etc", you can be sure it was dust/droplets/etc.

It's like saying "I know for a fact there are no grains of sand in the rug by my door" - you can't possibly know - unless you're in a clean room making microchips.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 5

Indeed, moonman.  I would add - Could those just posting pictures of unfocused blobs that are clearly examples of 'bokeh'. please look up how cameras work, and research Bokeh.  Maybe even take some pictures of rain/snow at night or a dusty dark room, using different cameras, especially those with flash/LED lights very close to the lens.

Then return and tell us in what way your examples differ..

• Like 1

On 2/23/2017 at 4:34 PM, Gavin Jones said:

I've been seeing small orbs of light for a few years now. I've heard they could be spirits. Anyone else experienced this?

First get your eyes checked, rule out the explainable and be safe. 

Camera shots show orbs in photography all the time and are meaningless. If you or others see an orb photograph it and you will know it is something real even if not provable by photos since things could be photographic glitches   or fake, so only you know the truth in the matter when you also get a photo. 

People who see orbs usually interpret them as an energy causing  light. Some say they are spirits and some say they are energy fields. 

There are many causes of the same effects to our vision etc. Remain skeptical in your interpretations of what you see. Orbs could be many things and not all the same thing. Don't just jump on the it's a spirit bandwagon unless you can prove it to yourself. 

I'm a skeptical believer because I have seen orbs but really knowing what causes them is hard to know. 

Edited by White Unicorn

I to have seen orbs my Mrs has photographed a few I'm not so sure but she is convinced there are faces in them we'll put the pics on tomorrow

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new on this site, I just had to share this. I am hoping someone has any idea if these are orbs. I can not see them physically, I only see them thru my camera while I am in my bedroom with the light off. I sit on my bed and look at them via my phone which has an app connected to the camera.  I just noticed them this week and every night before bed I check to see if they are still here and they are. They are not shy, they appear constantly. Think there is anything I should be worried about?  I don't have any bad feelings of a presence or notice anything super natural but it is kinda creepy not knowing what they are. Thanks

orbs in my room

13 hours ago, peetmaz said:

Hi, I'm new on this site, I just had to share this. I am hoping someone has any idea if these are orbs. I can not see them physically, I only see them thru my camera while I am in my bedroom with the light off. I sit on my bed and look at them via my phone which has an app connected to the camera.  I just noticed them this week and every night before bed I check to see if they are still here and they are. They are not shy, they appear constantly. Think there is anything I should be worried about?  I don't have any bad feelings of a presence or notice anything super natural but it is kinda creepy not knowing what they are. Thanks

orbs in my room

To me they look like dust. 

• Like 1

I wish they were but how you explain the one at the 1;20 mark that shoots from across  the room towards my head at high speed?  At the 40 second mark one appears out of nowhere above my head then disappears for a second and reappears traveling in the same trajectory? At the 1;37 mark a big one come out of my bed again traveling at a straight path, up then down, dust doesnt act like that, dust is random movement determined by the wind or air circulation in room, I dont have any windows open or fan on and I am not making any movements which will cause dust to rise. Most of the others thru out the video behave in the same manner, they travel very fast and in a straight path.....I thought maybe they could be very small bugs but then I thought insects dont travel like that either...plus I am in the room most of the time working online and I never see any bugs..

On 6/11/2017 at 2:17 PM, peetmaz said:

orbs in my room

I'll pass on the footage for now, as it seems you haven't read the thread, where all the physics of this are explained.  Or if you did, you are not properly considering it.  The salient points are:

1. Tiny particles of dust and tiny insects/bugs/flies may (and probably will) be invisible to your eye.

2. They will, however, be illuminated by the flash / led light near the lens of the camera.

3. They will be out of focus.  That generally means round-ish (depends on aperture of camera), semi-transparent, and containing false detail that has virtually nothing to do with object's true shape or detail, and everything to do with the lens design and any flaws or dust or misalignments within that lens.  Look up 'bokeh' - links were given previously..

4. They can go really fast..  Bugs DO go fast, even tiny ones, and....

5. Things close to your camera go MUCH faster across the field of view.  It is simple geometry.  A thing that is, say, 50mm (2") away from your lens, will *appear* to travel 40 (yes FORTY) times faster than something 2m (6'7") away.  So something that might take ages crossing the field of view at a distance, will absolutely rip across it if close.

To summarise:

These things are CLOSE to the lens, so they appear to travel very fast.

You probably won't see them by eye.  (They will likely be too small and even further out of focus than they are to the lens..)

Those that are bugs, are attracted to any light.

Every room, no matter how 'clean' you think it is, will have LOTs of dust and many tiny bugs too.  You can verify that by:

a ) Darkening the room and shining a narrow beam hi-power torch or laser pointer.  If the air was clean, you would barely see the beam, and all those brighter specks that appear are just the larger dust particles.

b ) Just have one very bright desklamp and point it at the wall.  Wait and watch the illuminated area, carefully, for the little bugs that will almost certainly appear 

So..... that seems to me to completely/perfectly explain what you say is on the video, without me even looking at it.  If you still think otherwise, can you firstly explain why the 'things' do not match the known explanation..?  Then, I might take a look, providing it's original footage.

• Like 4

On 11/06/2017 at 2:17 PM, peetmaz said:

I can not see them physically, I only see them thru my camera while I am in my bedroom with the light off. I sit on my bed and look at them via my phone which has an app connected to the camera.

Welcome to UM, you've answered your own questions. It's purely a camera related thing, nothing more.

I'm interested to know which app you're using?

Also, if you're still in doubt, please take a long moment to consider the post above by ChrLzs.

• Like 2

The app is YI home.  I bought the cameras thru Amazon for $50 each.  I really love them, i get text notifications of any motion, I can view live from anywhere thru my phone and can have a 2 way conversation thru the built in speaker and mic. I bought them to keep an eye on my 12 year son while I am out of the house.  

Think I found the source of these orbs.  Today a tiny little gnat flew by me when I was on my bed.  I gonna guess he is the mysterious orb.  Case closed.  Thanks for your guys input.  

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2017 at 1:34 PM, Gavin Jones said:

I've been seeing small orbs of light for a few years now. I've heard they could be spirits. Anyone else experienced this?

Here is the correct explanation to the orb mystery.

A Christian Biblical Study of Spiritual Orbs

The orb mystery is solved!

2 hours ago, notforgotten said:

A Christian Biblical Study of Spiritual Orbs

(That is not the correct explanation, it is blatantly wrong)

Jesus! That is a pretty elaborate and delusional Christian explanation of orbs. Also a blatant self-promotion of your thread (same username as here) on that site (thedailybreadforums.proboards).

But why did you have to post 11 times over 7 months in your own topic with no replies or commentary from anyone else? 

And your final post there: 'Years of personal experience with, and research on the Holy Spirit went into this thread. I considered it to be some of my finest work. I thank you all for reading it. God bless'

I'm sorry, but if the above quote, from you, is accurate, then you have spent years to come to a very false conclusion. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, notforgotten said:

{religious tripe deleted}

No, not by that garbage it isn't. The full explanation was posted here, just a few posts above...

Is there anything in that post that you would like to dispute?

Here, let me repeat the salient points for you:

1. Tiny particles of dust and tiny insects/bugs/flies may be invisible to your eye.

2. They will, however, be illuminated by the flash / led light near the lens of the camera.

3. They will be out of focus.  That generally means round-ish (depends on aperture of camera), semi-transparent, and containing false detail that has virtually nothing to do with object's true shape or detail .....  Look up 'bokeh' - links were given previously..

4. They can go really fast..  Bugs DO go fast, even tiny ones, and....

5. Things close to your camera go MUCH faster across the field of view.  It is simple geometry. ....  Something that might take ages crossing the field of view at a distance, will absolutely rip across it if close.

To summarise:

These things are CLOSE to the lens, so they appear to travel very fast.

You probably won't see them by eye.  (They will likely be too small and even further out of focus than they are to the lens..)

Those that are bugs, are attracted to any light.

Every room, no matter how 'clean' you think it is, will have LOTs of dust and many tiny bugs too.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 1

On 6/20/2017 at 2:05 PM, Timonthy said:

(That is not the correct explanation, it is blatantly wrong)

Jesus! That is a pretty elaborate and delusional Christian explanation of orbs. Also a blatant self-promotion of your thread (same username as here) on that site (thedailybreadforums.proboards).

But why did you have to post 11 times over 7 months in your own topic with no replies or commentary from anyone else? 

And your final post there: 'Years of personal experience with, and research on the Holy Spirit went into this thread. I considered it to be some of my finest work. I thank you all for reading it. God bless'

I'm sorry, but if the above quote, from you, is accurate, then you have spent years to come to a very false conclusion. 

It remains the truth whether you believe it or not.