Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Seeing orbs

Gavin Jones

On 6/20/2017 at 3:16 PM, ChrLzs said:

No, not by that garbage it isn't. The full explanation was posted here, just a few posts above...

Is there anything in that post that you would like to dispute?

Here, let me repeat the salient points for you:

1. Tiny particles of dust and tiny insects/bugs/flies may be invisible to your eye.

2. They will, however, be illuminated by the flash / led light near the lens of the camera.

3. They will be out of focus.  That generally means round-ish (depends on aperture of camera), semi-transparent, and containing false detail that has virtually nothing to do with object's true shape or detail .....  Look up 'bokeh' - links were given previously..

4. They can go really fast..  Bugs DO go fast, even tiny ones, and....

5. Things close to your camera go MUCH faster across the field of view.  It is simple geometry. ....  Something that might take ages crossing the field of view at a distance, will absolutely rip across it if close.

To summarise:

These things are CLOSE to the lens, so they appear to travel very fast.

You probably won't see them by eye.  (They will likely be too small and even further out of focus than they are to the lens..)

Those that are bugs, are attracted to any light.

Every room, no matter how 'clean' you think it is, will have LOTs of dust and many tiny bugs too.

Spoken by a person who has never seen a spiritual orb himself. You really should not speak of things that you know nothing about. 

"It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain

1 hour ago, notforgotten said:

It remains the truth whether you believe it or not.

It remains your truth. That is all.

Edit: Can you post links to the unedited original images of the 'orbs' which you used as examples in your research?

Edited by Timonthy
Edit
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, notforgotten said:

Spoken by a person who has never seen a spiritual orb himself. You really should not speak of things that you know nothing about. 

"It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain

?

i believe ChrLzs has seen  more "orbs"  than you have had hot dinners. There is not much he does not know about photography.

What do you know about cameras, dust, insects, moisture, lenses, light?

The explanations have been given...and proven. If you want to dismiss the  facts then fine, but the facts of what they really are have been given numerous time on here. 

You have got some cheek quoting Mark Twain when disputing a FACT.

How about you show us an orb which is not because of any of the explanations given above. I am looking forward to it.

• Like 3

I have shown you the truth about "spiritual" orbs. I refuse to argue, debate, or discuss this topic any further. Peace.

On 6/25/2017 at 3:37 AM, notforgotten said:

I have shown you the truth about "spiritual" orbs. I refuse to argue, debate, or discuss this topic any further. Peace.

:D  Good to see you are so 'peaceful' and that you are using this discussion forum to the peak of your wisdom...

Readers will note that notforgotten did NOT post ANY discussion at all on this topic - he just lazily posted a link to a religious site with not even a summary.  Compare and contrast that to my comprehensive posts, none of which he has contradicted, and all of which I can back up.

• Like 2

On Saturday, June 24, 2017 at 6:37 PM, notforgotten said:

I have shown you the truth about "spiritual" orbs. 

No you have not.

• Like 2