Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The best compliment you ever received?

Four Winds

1 minute ago, .ZZ. said:

"You look 15 years younger than your actual age."

Works every time.

What if the person is 15? :lol:

• Like 5

Just now, Four Winds said:

What if the person is 15? :lol:

I don't know, "you must have been a beautiful baby." :lol:

• Like 5

You even have dimples when u smile (I don't have dimpels!)

• Like 5

2 I get is you have beautiful eyes or when I say how old I am I get what, I thought you were only 18-23 I'm 29.

• Like 6

someone once told me i had nice eyelashes which... is a bit odd to me.

but i don't like the way i look very often so it felt nicer than i expected.

i've also been told i'm a very kind person which makes me feel happy and confused because i generally feel angry a lot.

• Like 8

"You are the most positive person I have ever met!"  color.gif

• Like 4

Growing up in South London, i have the Sauf London accent...many moons ago i was working for a big cosmetic company and my area manager was extremely posh...she once said to me "oh my lovely dear, you are so common, but you can sell" 

i took it as a compliment.

but the best i used to get was i looked like Demo Moore......shame i did not have her money or Bruce Willis.

• Like 7

"You remind me of a young Donald Trump." ~ Louis Walsh 

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker
  • Like 6

"You have a beautiful smile" :D

Also, a bit like seaturtlehorsesnake's post, "You are always so calm and unruffled"! At the time(many years ago now), nothing could have been further from the truth :o inside I was always panic stricken and anxious. I can only think it was my habit of 'freezing' that gave such an impression! :lol: 

• Like 7

I guess this is a compliment . Someone stopped me at the mall and told me I looked like a young version of Richie Sambora from the band Bon Jovi 

• Like 6

Guest MamaMia1981

"I never should of let you go.  I compare all others to you." - from an ex.

"You should of been a doctor." - from a well-respected doctor I work with.

"You're the best mom in the world." - from my kids.

Stevie Nicks told me I looked like a faery, and she took my picture. 

• Like 6

The best complement I've ever received was from my grandmother, shortly before she died; as a result, it only happened a few months ago.

She told me that I strongly reminded her of her younger sister (my great-aunt). My great-aunt was a total badass, illegally participated in WW2 despite being too young to enlist, beat the p*** out of an abusive husband (despite being a young woman in the late 40s, a time when women had basically no rights) before divorcing him, spoke five languages, and took absolutely no crap from anyone. When she set her mind to something, she was unstoppable.

• Like 7

The best compliment I've ever received was when my highschool/college sweetheart (my first love) told me that the guy I stole her away from (and her first love) is now a multimillionaire.    It was the sweetest thing she's said to me in years   It was the next best thing to being a multimillionaire myself :lol:

• Like 3

I have been told numerous times what a great job I did of raising my daughter.  I get told what a sweetheart she is...if they only knew :lol:

• Like 5

A few months ago, someone told me that he was having trouble losing weight, but that I wouldn't understand since I was too skinny to have to worry about being overweight.

That was a compliment, as he didn't know that I used to be as much as eighty pounds overweight back in the day.

Edited by MainerMikeBrown
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I had a client tell me recently that she did not believe I was turning 50, she said she thought I was in my late thirties.   :)   

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, tcgram said:

I had a client tell me recently that she did not believe I was turning 50, she said she thought I was in my late thirties.   :)   

She wasn't lying.

• Like 3

The best compliment I ever received was: You may not be academically clever but you have common sense sometimes.

I was not amused to be honest.

Edited by Cat_From_Hell
  • Like 3