Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Really strange projection yesterday

preacherman76

Hello fellow UM dwellers. I just wanted to share a experience I had last night. I've been trying to figure out what it means. Anyhow to my surprise vibrations hit me soon as I closed my eyes. Getting OOB is no longer as amazing as it once was, just kinda feels natural now. So I decide to see how far away I could fly before getting sent back. Well I didn't get very far, not from being sent back, but because something got my attention. Just a couple miles from my house is this old unused baseball field. Its surrounded by woods. Well as I'm flying over I see this huge bon fire in the middle of the field. So I fly down to see what was happening.

There is a guy there dancing around the fire like you'd see in a old western movie. Accept he wasn't dancing in the light of the fire, but was dancing in the dark just outside the light of the fire. A friend of mine gave me some advice that has proven so far to be useful. They said if you ever meet anyone while OOB, and you are not sure if you can trust them, ask them if they are of the light. If they say no, or say nothing at all, get away from them. If they say yes proceed with caution. Now when I heard them say that to me I didn't think it would work, figured they could just lie to me. However to my surprise so far its actually worked.

So I stop the guy by landing in front of him. He seemed cool, not annoyed at all that I disrupted him. I ask, "are you of the light?" He gave me an answer I had not heard before. Standing in the dark, just out side the light he said "I am of the dark", then he steps forward showing his face in the light "and of the light". Not knowing how to respond to that I asked him why he was dancing in the dark instead of the fires light? So he says to me "because that's what you do" then he just started dancing again.

I was standing there trying to figure out what he meant by that, when I got send back. I've been chewing on it ever since.

• Like 3

I am giving you two answers. The first is predicated on my personal beliefs; the second, kinda sorta on yours.

1. As the man by the fire is your creation, the meaning of his words can only be interpreted by you. In other words, it's a dream/hallucination and the significance of the baseball field and man dancing in the fire will resonate more so with you than with anyone else.
  2. He has some of the markings of a Guardian, except that Guardians do not dance around fires. Not to be confused with Guardian Angels, Guardians are fierce warriors, standing between us and evil. They are sort of like Heaven's SEAL Team 6 — and are both darkness and light. The second possibility is that he is God on acid. I'm not certain about this, but hasn't God been described as the creator of both light and darkness? Finally, this person could represent the duality in all of us, as we too are of darkness and light.

You didn't write anything about his appearance. That could be just as telling as his words. Oh and by the way. It doesn't matter who you meet. Light or dark, they cannot hurt you. Nice head trip by the way. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Claire. said:

I am giving you two answers. The first is predicated on my personal beliefs; the second, kinda sorta on yours.

1. As the man by the fire is your creation, the meaning of his words can only be interpreted by you. In other words, it's a dream/hallucination and the significance of the baseball field and man dancing in the fire will resonate more so with you than with anyone else.
  2. He has some of the markings of a Guardian, except that Guardians do not dance around fires. Not to be confused with Guardian Angels, Guardians are fierce warriors, standing between us and evil. They are sort of like Heaven's SEAL Team 6 — and are both darkness and light. The second possibility is that he is God on acid. I'm not certain about this, but hasn't God been described as the creator of both light and darkness? Finally, this person could represent the duality in all of us, as we too are of darkness and light.

You didn't write anything about his appearance. That could be just as telling as his words. Oh and by the way. It doesn't matter who you meet. Light or dark, they cannot hurt you. Nice head trip by the way. :)

Thanks for the response Claire. I had to write that fast cause I had to get the boys on their busses. The guy looked like a powerful Indian. American Indian. To describe him in one word he looked hard. That is to say completely muscle bound head to toe. But he was also older, weathered. He had the typical Indian dress. Basically a rag tied around his waist, split up the sides, no shoes. He also had these thin leather looking straps around the top part of his arms. The loose ends that fell at his side had feathers attached to them. Agreeing with your second point, he looked like a warrior. I remember feeling relieved he was cool with my intrusion. Now I'm no slouch, and I've always been stronger, even at my age now, then most guys I know in my weight class. But I couldn't help but feel like this guy could have stomped me into the ground no problem.

Im aware nothing there can physically hurt me in this reality. My caution is more about not being deceived. Though there is something to being physically attacked there. You wont take the wounds home with you, but you can receive a good old fashion passionate ass whipping there, and wont be able to tell the difference reality or not while its actually happening.

Since it happened, the only thing I could come up with is how hesitant I am in talking about my projection experiences in the "real world". Like I'm almost living two separate lives. I for the most part keep that in the dark.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

I've been trying to figure out what it means. Anyhow to my surprise vibrations hit me soon as I closed my eyes. Getting OOB is no longer as amazing as it once was, just kinda feels natural now. So I decide to see how far away I could fly before getting sent back. Well I didn't get very far, not from being sent back, but because something got my attention. Just a couple miles from my house is this old unused baseball field. Its surrounded by woods. Well as I'm flying over I see this huge bon fire in the middle of the field. So I fly down to see what was happening.

There is a guy there dancing around the fire like you'd see in a old western movie. Accept he wasn't dancing in the light of the fire, but was dancing in the dark just outside the light of the fire. A friend of mine gave me some advice that has proven so far to be useful. They said if you ever meet anyone while OOB, and you are not sure if you can trust them, ask them if they are of the light. If they say no, or say nothing at all, get away from them. If they say yes proceed with caution. Now when I heard them say that to me I didn't think it would work, figured they could just lie to me. However to my surprise so far its actually worked.

So I stop the guy by landing in front of him. He seemed cool, not annoyed at all that I disrupted him. I ask, "are you of the light?" He gave me an answer I had not heard before. Standing in the dark, just out side the light he said "I am of the dark", then he steps forward showing his face in the light "and of the light". Not knowing how to respond to that I asked him why he was dancing in the dark instead of the fires light? So he says to me "because that's what you do" then he just started dancing again.

I was standing there trying to figure out what he meant by that, when I got send back. I've been chewing on it ever since.

I am fascinated by the concept of OOB. I believe in such things but I am not clear that I have ever remembered having that experience. I believe our astral body does separate from the physical during sleep but usually just hovers above the body. My curiosity is how you know you are OOB versus  just dreaming you are OOB? For example, have you ever experienced anything later verifiable while OOB. I think some people are better constituted than others for having OOB.

As for your main question about being of the light and the dark, I can't tell you as it could mean a lot of things. Maybe you will see this guy again in the astral and then ask him what he is about.

• Like 2

That was an awesome share!  Thank you for that mate!

Very potent.

I'm reminded of Jung's comment on our shadow.  “One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.”

We are not light or shadow, we are the varying expressions of both, unified. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I am fascinated by the concept of OOB. I believe in such things but I am not clear that I have ever remembered having that experience. I believe our astral body does separate from the physical during sleep but usually just hovers above the body. My curiosity is how you know you are OOB versus  just dreaming you are OOB? For example, have you ever experienced anything later verifiable while OOB. I think some people are better constituted than others for having OOB.

As for your main question about being of the light and the dark, I can't tell you as it could mean a lot of things. Maybe you will see this guy again in the astral and then ask him what he is about.

Well in hopes of not sparking another debate on astral projection vs lucid dreaming, (please guys just don't) for me the biggest difference is the vibration stage just before getting out of body, or extending consciousness. Some call it mind awake body asleep, which from my experience is a pretty accurate term. Basically I go into trance, or a meditative state. If I'm lucky sooner or later I will begin to feel this insane vibration from head to toe. It feels like mild electricity is going through you, but not painful. That's my sign that I'm ready. Then I just roll hard and fast off the bed with a strong intention. No different then if I physically rolled off the bed. In fact it feels so real that the only way I know I didn't actually roll off the bed was cause the vibration tells me my body has fallen asleep, even though I never lost consciousness.

Opinions on this vary greatly. I cant say I for 100% sure know it isn't a lucid dream, or even some other advanced type of dream state yet to be classified. Honestly I really don't care that much. I love considering what it actually is, but at the end of the day I will have spent no less time trying to master it no matter what it is. Its a world where practically anything can happen. And at the time it feels as real as you reading this right now. Its so real I have actually talked myself out of believing I was in a projection at all at times. Only to watch my hand go through a door knob I try to open, or see a green ball float by my head lol.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

That was an awesome share!  Thank you for that mate!

Very potent.

I'm reminded of Jung's comment on our shadow.  “One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.”

We are not light or shadow, we are the varying expressions of both, unified. 

Totally agree q. I've had times where I have helped people get over sleep paralysis. It took me a long time to discover this myself, but I tell them it isn't just about overcoming your fear of the shadow, but about embracing it. Almost like that darkness is really light in disguise. Meant to actually help you, not hurt you. In spite of what it actually looks like. I consider overcoming fear to be a kind of spiritual evolution. You cant reach those states of empowerment and enlightenment without experiencing what true fear is first.

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Sorry I missed this part. I have had a couple of what some folks call confirmations. Few months ago I literally drove down the road at 2 am in my boxers to confirm the license plate number on a cop car that was parked just down the road from where I live. I'll be damned it was right.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Sorry I missed this part. I have had a couple of what some folks call confirmations. Few months ago I literally drove down the road at 2 am in my boxers to confirm the license plate number on a cop car that was parked just down the road from where I live. I'll be damned it was right.

Now that is exactly the kind of thing I was asking about. Did you write the number down before you checked or was it just in your head? The serious parapsychologist in me needs to ask. I am glad he didn't pull you over in your boxers for speeding or something. :-* When you explained what you were doing it might have become entertaining.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

Now that is exactly the kind of thing I was asking about. Did you write the number down before you checked or was it just in your head? The serious parapsychologist in me needs to ask. I am glad he didn't pull you over in your boxers for speeding or something. :-* When you explained what you were doing it might have become entertaining.

No I didn't write it down. I literally repeated it over and over in my head till I got there. Its why I was only in my boxers, didn't want to waste any time before I forgot it. Needed to get there as fast as I could. I was inspired to do it cause of the many conversations I've had here

There was no cop, just the car. Well SUV actually. It was parked outside a mechanic shop. Im guessing they just got finished working on it but it was to late that day for them to pick it up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

No I didn't write it down. I literally repeated it over and over in my head till I got there. Its why I was only in my boxers, didn't want to waste any time before I forgot it. Needed to get there as fast as I could. I was inspired to do it cause of the many conversations I've had here

There was no cop, just the car. Well SUV actually. It was parked outside a mechanic shop. Im guessing they just got finished working on it but it was to late that day for them to pick it up.

Wow, great story. Maybe keep paper and pencil by the bed for next. Then you can wear pants next time, lol. It would make for even stronger verification too. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Well in hopes of not sparking another debate on astral projection vs lucid dreaming,

9rkDKoa.gif

• Like 3

4 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Since it happened, the only thing I could come up with is how hesitant I am in talking about my projection experiences in the "real world". Like I'm almost living two separate lives. I for the most part keep that in the dark.

That could be it, as it's a very personal experience. Think of changing your mindset. Don't see it as living two separate lives, but of leading one that is multi-faceted. But an American Indian warrior is a great image. Warriors are the ultimate combination of light and darkness; of purity and destruction; and of life and death.

• Like 3

I found it interesting when you asked why you are dancing in the dark and not the fires light that the response was "because that's what you do" 

It seems like your subconscious ot spirits ot whatever are trying to tell you something about yourself 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I found it interesting when you asked why you are dancing in the dark and not the fires light that the response was "because that's what you do" 

It seems like your subconscious ot spirits ot whatever are trying to tell you something about yourself 

I wondered about that statement. Wasn't sure if it was "because that's what YOU do" as in that's what Preacherman does or if it was "because that's what you do" as in the native American referencing himself and those like him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Claire. said:

I wondered about that statement. Wasn't sure if it was "because that's what YOU do" as in that's what Preacherman does or if it was "because that's what you do" as in the native American referencing himself and those like him.

It was very much implied he was speaking about me. That's definitely the impression I got.

• Like 2

Just now, preacherman76 said:

It was very much implied he was speaking about me. That's definitely the impression I got.

That changes everything. Your interpretation makes sense in light of this, so ignore all of my previous posts.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I found it interesting as well spartan. I wish I had been given more time to speak with him. Everything on that side, in my experience, seems to be a riddle, something you have to figure out.

• Like 1

Regarding his answer about dancing in the dark, It could also be because that's actually what you do, meaning that you  "dance around" in the darkness, you fly around during your experiences through the darkness. 

Or maybe I didn't understand a thing. 

I have to say that before you described the guy, it reminded me of Twin Peaks for some reasons. 

Anyway, I 'd be weary of the guy, should you meet him again. 

• Like 1