Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Has the Hadron Collider disproven ghosts ?

Claire.

On 2/22/2017 at 4:45 PM, Zayne Kalis said:

Again your argument is "there's no evidence, so it's disproven". That's a very unscientific approach, we would've gotten nowhere with that sort of thinking. You can't say it's been disproven, just that it's not proven. And besides so far you haven't listed any evidence that contradicts anything I could say on the matter. You're just speaking about known "facts". Do you know how many so-called facts have been proven wrong throughout history, when new information came to light? It's pretty naive to think you know all the secrets about how the universe works. You could say it's unlikely, you could claim there's no evidence, you could even say it directly contradicts the laws of physics, but to say it's been disproven is factually untrue. It'd be like trying to disprove God. It's impossible. According to the concept of God, he would be impossible to detect unless he wanted to be detected (being all powerful and what not). So, it's scientifically impossible to prove that an undetectable being doesn't exist. (don't turn this into an argument about God, I'm just using that as an example)

Great response.  Many would still believe the earth is flat or many scientists would have stopped their own research because of those who disregarded other research.  We are somewhat blind in our current technology and can be considered primitive if we can't fully achieve space flight as we see planes that fly in our skies today.  To assume we have the answer to something that requires so much more research and better technology would make one a fool.

I've been near a child who recently lost her father and when that 2 year old child points to an empty area in the house and says "Daddy" it would make one question reality itself.  The child assumes her dad is sleeping, but then to hear that she sees him somewhere else, makes one think that there is more to life that what most of us see.  As we stepped closer to the area where her Dad was supposedly standing (in spirit), the child looked towards us and said "Daddy going."  This is only one of thousands of stories like mine out there.  You only will eventually believe when you choose to be open to the possibilities around you.

• 4 weeks later...

What a bunch of malarky!!!  Ghosts are real and I can prove it!!  

1)  What about all those cold spots in my house?

2) What about all those voices I pick up on my voice recorder, you know, the one I keep next to my CB Radio in the windowsill next to the cell phone tower?

3) And what about all those creaky noises I hear in my 50 year old house?

4) Someone explain why my magnetometer goes crazy in my house with it's state of the art, 1960's electrical wiring?!!!

5) Why do I see weird lights when it's dark in my granite block basement?

Some idiot British Physicist thinks he's so smart!  Well, they didn't just hand me a G.E.D.!!!

I believe I have made my point, now back to my Landscaping Business.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2017 at 3:37 AM, Scorpius said:

Great response.  Many would still believe the earth is flat or many scientists would have stopped their own research because of those who disregarded other research.  We are somewhat blind in our current technology and can be considered primitive if we can't fully achieve space flight as we see planes that fly in our skies today.  To assume we have the answer to something that requires so much more research and better technology would make one a fool.

I've been near a child who recently lost her father and when that 2 year old child points to an empty area in the house and says "Daddy" it would make one question reality itself.  The child assumes her dad is sleeping, but then to hear that she sees him somewhere else, makes one think that there is more to life that what most of us see.  As we stepped closer to the area where her Dad was supposedly standing (in spirit), the child looked towards us and said "Daddy going."  This is only one of thousands of stories like mine out there.  You only will eventually believe when you choose to be open to the possibilities around you.

Choosing to be open to the possibilities around you does not make someone anything other than a believer. Believing is not the same as reality. People believe in all sorts of untrue things.That's not such a good idea is it?

Children say things. We interpret. Maybe we assume that a child's mind works like ours. Maybe we don't.

One interpretation of this story is that ghosts exist. Another interpretation is that children play make believe. We notice that many of us grow out of this mode where we see things that go bump in the night. Some don't. If an older person thinks they see something we correct them. When a young child thinks they see something we allow them to see whatever they want to see.

• Like 1