Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Adulting Classes for Millenials

OverSword

Well there's thing sI suppose my parents could have taught me about money.They certainly weren't wealthy and  probably could have learned something along that line themselves. However, my parents grew up in the 1920s to 40s so their perspective was different. My dad went to summer school when in highschool so that he could try to graduate early and help the family out. He was working at Briggs and Stratton when WW2 came along.Even though he had a deferment he told grandpa he was going in anyways. My mother who was born in 1925 talked about after school, like in the summer picking vegetables. She too went to work when she left high school. Our parents took us to the library, for walks, to the zoo ,museums and any culutral place they could find. Being an airforce brat got to Okinawa and Alaska and wherever my dad got sent. We would go on picnics and my dad taught my brother and sister how to fish. Me I wasn't that interested. I was always helping mama out when she cooked. She would give me a little pie dough so I could make a little pie which i'd put strawberry jam in. We learned how to cook clean and do things like laundry,etc.  They also drilled into our heads that the world doesn't owe you a living and if you want something YOU have to work for it.

• Like 1