Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

WH Blocks MSM from Press Briefing

Dark_Grey

BREAKING -- Story in progress

dd97cdb4dc81295915d6333b507bad664287b412

What a great start to the weekend ^_^

The New York Times, CNN, the Los Angeles Times and Politico were among the news organizations prevented from attending [Sean Spicer's Press breifing], according to posts by reporters from those outlets on Twitter, as were several foreign news organizations. The Associated Press and Time declined to take part. The White House was said to have invited press organizations to the event.

The three major broadcast networks – CBS, ABC, and NBC – were invited to the briefing, as were several news outlets that play to a conservative readership, such as Breitbart, The Washington Times and One America News Network.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/24/media/cnn-blocked-white-house-gaggle/
http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/white-house-blocks-cnn-new-york-times-press-briefing-1201995894/
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/02/24/white-house-blocks-cnn-new-york-times-and-others-from-press-briefing.html

Before this thread degrades in to more left/right mud flinging, keep in mind that all the "uninvited guests" will still have access to the same video feed the rest of us do. Now they can make up attack pieces based on news clips instead of loaded questions. Should have played it straight, CNN.

The affected news organizations released scathing statements blasting the Trump administration for what they described as a troubling incident in President Donald Trump’s ongoing war against the press. (:rofl:)

• Like 6

Jake Tapper and the others at CNN are in full meltdown when I just checked. :lol:

100% of the time CNN has been wrong from the beginning. Trump has no chance of winning...yada yada. One negative story after the next. Constantly!

"We report, you decide" LOLOLOL "What have we reported that isn't true?" :lol::lol:

Edited by .ZZ.
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Thanato said:

Censorship comes in all forms.

Including "lying by omission" or publishing half-truths. See post #5 for further clarification.

• Like 6

I'm laughing now, but if they start doing this with all MSM  I'll be worried.  I just hope the other news organizations start to realize they need to start being fair and honest.  Something that's been missing far to long. 

• Like 4

Fake News: Leftist Media Outrage over White House ‘Exclusion’… After Years of Ignoring It

CNN and other outlets were in high dudgeon Friday afternoon after several news outlets were apparently excluded from a White House press gaggle, complaining that conservative, “pro-Trump” outlets like Breitbart News were allowed into the briefing.

Those excluded called it “absolutely unacceptable” and described it as an attack on the freedom of the press.

Obama’s private briefings for liberal members of the media, which excluded conservatives, were well-documented. A few:

• December 2012: Several journalists reported that MSNBC hosts were meeting privately with President Obama to discuss the impending “fiscal cliff” fight.
  • May 2013: NPR’s Ari Shapiro reported that President Obama was meeting privately with “lefty columnists,” but hastened to add that there was “nothing nefarious” about it.
  • November 2013: President Obama met again with liberal journalists, as Obamacare struggled with the failure of healthcare.gov and other problems.
  • March 2015: Politico’s media reporter, Hadas Gold, reported that “a group of journalists and columnists,” all on the left, met privately with President Obama, but the White House refused to say “who else was at the meeting or what was discussed.”
Edited by Sweetpumper
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Including "lying by omission" or publishing half-truths. See post #5 for further clarification.

What's scarier the media that reports on news, you will be hard pressed to find an outlet with out a political/social slant, or the government who is actively attacking any media that disagrees with them?

• Like 7

• The title was changed to WH Blocks MSM from Press Briefing
20 minutes ago, Why not said:

I'm laughing now, but if they start doing this with all MSM  I'll be worried.  I just hope the other news organizations start to realize they need to start being fair and honest.  Something that's been missing far to long. 

Gotta agree. If the left leaning media needs to be more balanced then what about the right leaning media? What's the answer... regulations and an independent authority to safe guard the truth or media grovelling to the government of the day? 

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, Thanato said:

you will be hard pressed to find an outlet with out a political/social slant,

It has always been this way.  The difference is in the degree.  The 2016 election proved without any ongoing doubt, that the media are propagandists for the Democrat party.  Attempting to minimize this fact isn't going to work.  The people here have finally seen behind the curtain and will applaud Trump's moves against those who lie and fabricate against him and his policies.  All he needs do is keep his supporters strong.  The only people whose world is ending are the liars on the Left.  They need to grow up, stop whining and behave in the way honorable opposition parties have always behaved.  THROUGH THE LAW.

• Like 5

Yeah sure, let's all celebrate Trump's latest efforts to protect his administration from legitimate criticism. Let's celebrate his propensity to marginalize and attack those media organizations who dare report news he doesn't like. Indeed, let that pathological liar be the one and only voice we hear, bolstered only occasionally by his biased chosen few.

Unfreakingbelievable.

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, and then said:

It has always been this way.  The difference is in the degree.  The 2016 election proved without any ongoing doubt, that the media are propagandists for the Democrat party.  Attempting to minimize this fact isn't going to work.  The people here have finally seen behind the curtain and will applaud Trump's moves against those who lie and fabricate against him and his policies.  All he needs do is keep his supporters strong.  The only people whose world is ending are the liars on the Left.  They need to grow up, stop whining and behave in the way honorable opposition parties have always behaved.  THROUGH THE LAW.

How would you suggest they behave? Fall in line and stop asking questions counter to the government? 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Claire. said:

Yeah sure, let's all celebrate Trump's latest efforts to protect his administration from legitimate criticism. Let's celebrate his propensity to marginalize and attack those media organizations who dare report news he doesn't like. Indeed, let that pathological liar be the one and only voice we hear, bolstered only occasionally by his biased chosen few.

Unfreakingbelievable.

legitimate criticism....?

where have you been for the last few months.?

there has been an orchestrated and sustained campaign of character assassination on the democratically elected President -

amounting to sedition -

Edited by bee
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Claire. said:

Unfreakingbelievable.

My thoughts exactly.  For those of you who recognize this as the decisive blow to democracy that this represents, the rest of the world is shaking it's head in sympathy.  I'm left wondering if the important message here is how shocking it is, or how shocking it isn't.  

Welcome to North Korea, America.

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Gotta agree. If the left leaning media needs to be more balanced then what about the right leaning media? What's the answer... regulations and an independent authority to safe guard the truth or media grovelling to the government of the day? 

TV wise, FOX is the only one that slants toward the right. Print, I'm not sure there are any (of the major news outlets).  But, yes FOX needs to get their act together as well. 

I will say this, if one of these news organizations (TV) decided they were going to cut all the BS and report the news "fair and balanced" they would take over the market. I don't care how much someone hates President Trump, I know they want the straight truth. 

I'm no Trump fan but I am a BIG fan of my country. I want the POTUS who ever it might be to do the right thing and I expect the media to report it the way IT IS. Not they way they want you to see it. That is why so many people here are not happy with the MSM.

• Like 5

I don't believe a president is under any obligation to provide material for his opposition party's house organs. Note that Breitbart wasn't invited to Obama press briefings.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, OldNate said:

My thoughts exactly.  For those of you who recognize this as the decisive blow to democracy that this represents, the rest of the world is shaking it's head in sympathy.  I'm left wondering if the important message here is how shocking it is, or how shocking it isn't.  

Welcome to North Korea, America.

there's nothing democratic about those elements of the Mind Control Media that seem to be trying to literally
bring down the democratically elected President -

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, bee said:

there's nothing democratic about those elements of the Mind Control Media that seem to be trying to literally
bring down the democratically elected President -

This is kind of funny. For 8 years right wing news outlets did their best to put down Obama. Now that it's their guy in power the media is the enemy. 

The problem is if you destroy the media, more specifically medianthat isnof a different opinion then you are, you end up destroying democracy as the only media is state controlled puppet pieces. A good example of this is the Russian Federation, there is very little opposition to Putin, who has been dictator of russia since 2000. People who oppose putin are arrested, killed, or dissapear. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Thanato said:

This is kind of funny. For 8 years right wing news outlets did their best to put down Obama. Now that it's their guy in power the media is the enemy. 

The problem is if you destroy the media, more specifically medianthat isnof a different opinion then you are, you end up destroying democracy as the only media is state controlled puppet pieces. A good example of this is the Russian Federation, there is very little opposition to Putin, who has been dictator of russia since 2000. People who oppose putin are arrested, killed, or dissapear. 

You are absolutely correct, and it will absolutely not matter to anyone that supports this.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Thanato said:

Some Media outlets have over stepped the mark and that is why this has happened - 

You are on their side so of course you won't think there's a problem -

• Like 4