Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I used to try to summon demonic spirits

SlayWithTheTruth

First, I would like to say that I am currently 21 years of age and that I love mysteries, which is why I just signed up for this site. Anyway,

When I about 15-17 years old, my interest in mysteries and the occult suddenly grew and I'm not sure why. I was going through a period of disbelief and began to lack faith in the idea of there being a God. I concluded that there was no God after trying to talk to God and ask for signs. After trying to talk to God didn't work, I decided to go another route to somehow prove to myself that God exists. I decided to attempt to summon demons. I figured that if I could find some sort of evidence that evil spirits and demons existed, that there would have to be some creator-- and that would give me the answer.

I took some sheets of paper and composed a series of "prayers" that would typically start with something like, "Dear Satan" and had a message that was typically something like, "I welcome demons and evil spirits into my life, mind, and body". This may sound crazy to some, but I wasn't serious when I did this and I didn't believe it would work. But anyway, I would say these lengthy prayers about three times a day and right before going to bed. I remember doing this for about 3-4 days and at first, I hadn't noticed anything strange or different.

One night I went to sleep and I woke up suddenly. It was dark in my room and something just didn't feel right. For some reason, I was extremely aware of my surroundings and I couldn't stop feeling like something was out of place. I had to force myself to go back to sleep afterwards.

I think the same thing happened the next night. I woke up suddenly again and felt weird. It felt like something was my bedroom. I couldn't see it, but I could definitely feel a presence lingering there and it felt like it was just standing there, watching me. I looked at my clock to check the time and it was somewhere between 3-4am.

Same thing happened the next night. I woke up suddenly, felt strange, checked the time and it was between 3-4am.

Next night, same thing, same time.

During this time, I woke up from a nightmare where I had murdered somebody with an ax and I think I murdered them and attempted to bury them.  Sometimes I'd wake up to what I thought were outside noises and would sometimes hear random noises happening all around the house.... These were what I'd call "coincidental noises".

My most interesting experiences were these-

~Throughout the day, I would smell quick whiffs of fire/smoke that would last for less than a second.

~I saw something that I can only describe as a bright orange aura-like flash in the corner of my eye.

~I was walking and I heard loud growling coming from bushes that started violently rustling, but nothing ever came out.

This was enough proof for me that demons are real (to me at least) and I concluded that if demons exist, there has to be something out there that created them.

Edited by SlayWithTheTruth

35 minutes ago, SlayWithTheTruth said:

I figured that if I could find some sort of evidence that evil spirits and demons existed, that there would have to be some creator

Hi and welcome to UM.

Why would evil spirits and demons indicate a creator when all you  need to do is what many humans do and look at man himself and belief they are a creation of a god? 

39 minutes ago, SlayWithTheTruth said:

I woke up suddenly again and felt weird. It felt like something was my bedroom. I couldn't see it, but I could definitely feel a presence lingering there

This is a result of what you were doing. There are no demons, only the ones you create in your head and from the amount of times you were "praying", you were certainly bordering on obsession and putting this onto your own head.

What you have described does not indicate demons, what it does indicate is you have induced yourself into a fictitious belief and this has manifested within your dreams.

If you want to believe in a god, then turn to a religion or even create your own, but I can not fathom why you would want to freak yourself out with bad thoughts?

45 minutes ago, SlayWithTheTruth said:

I looked at my clock to check the time and it was somewhere between 3-4am.

If you looked at your clock, then you would have the actual time your clock showed - not a between 3 and 4. Why do you say between 3 and 4?

Have you ever heard about lucid dreaming ? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream

Basically you thoughts during the day are manifesting into your dreams. This is perfectly normal, but it is unfortunate you have chosen to go down the fantasy route and are actually believing it is real. = its not.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Hi and welcome to UM.

Why would evil spirits and demons indicate a creator when all you  need to do is what many humans do and look at man himself and belief they are a creation of a god? 

Thanks for welcoming me. I do greatly appreciate it and I do appreciate you for caring enough to respond.

To answer your question, I've always wanted to see something "outside" this world of humans and have wondered if there was anything else out there. I guess this wasn't enough for me to believe in the creation of a God. I wanted something that simply could not be explained.

This is a result of what you were doing. There are no demons, only the ones you create in your head and from the amount of times you were "praying", you were certainly bordering on obsession and putting this onto your own head.

I've thought about this as well-- that maybe it was all just apart of my mind and the paranoia made me think that there was something there. But I don't think I'm crazy and my senses were telling me that there was a threat, no matter how many times I'd tell myself that it wasn't real. At first, I didn't believe the "praying" thing would work

If you looked at your clock, then you would have the actual time your clock showed - not a between 3 and 4. Why do you say between 3 and 4?

I said between 3-4 am because I can't exactly remember the time (it was years ago) and because it was never the exact time every time. Some mornings it would be 3:17am, another morning it'd be 3:30, another morning 3:40am, etc. I remember it always being between 3-4am for some reason. Maybe that's the time when they come out or something. Waking up at this time EVERY NIGHT was proof that I wasn't crazy-- that there are some sort of extra dimensional creatures out there that have the ability to tamper with us-- and for some reason, this time is the time when they can somehow cross over to our reality.

Have you ever heard about lucid dreaming ? 

Yes and I have been very interested in it because I've always wanted to use it to have sex with the hottest women (I'm just being honest). I believe that Lucid Dreaming is being able to control your dreams, which I've done before. If I could do so, I wouldn't willingly have dreams of brutally murdering someone to pieces and burying them afterwards.

If you want to believe in a god, then turn to a religion or even create your own, but I can not fathom why you would want to freak yourself out with bad thoughts?

I have created my own religion before, but I wasn't dedicated enough to it. I wasn't trying to freak myself out with bad thoughts. I was trying to seek an answer by taking a very bizarre route and it worked.

Edited by SlayWithTheTruth

6 minutes ago, SlayWithTheTruth said:

I believe that Lucid Dreaming is being able to control your dreams,

No...not always. You may be aware you are dreaming but it does not mean you are always in control.

Being lucid doesn’t always mean that you’re in control of the dream.

It means you’re AWARE of the fact you’re dreaming. You can actually be lucid and not be in control

http://howtolucid.com/couldnt-control-lucid-dream/

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

No...not always. You may be aware you are dreaming but it does not mean you are always in control.

It means you’re AWARE of the fact you’re dreaming. You can actually be lucid and not be in control

Now I understand. Well, pardon my ignorance. That's why placed "I believe" in front of that error that I posted-- because I believed that, even though it isn't true. Thanks for the correction.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SlayWithTheTruth said:

Waking up at this time EVERY NIGHT was proof that I wasn't crazy-

You are certainly not crazy...but you could end up driving yourself a lttle crazy over time if you continue with this demon thing.

There are no demons outside of your own mind...waking up around the same time is perfectly normal...it is your body clock responding with your brain in conjuction with the first time you woke up at that time, which could have been the result of a nightmare, as you continued to focus on "praying" to summons a demon, your mind continued to wake up as if it were being trained.

remember you are putting things into your mind which the brain does not recognise at first as seeing.....you are controlling the thoughts, but your brain will then take over while you are asleep...and this is where although you may be having a lucid dream....the confusion you have created by wanting to believe in something not proven, is manifested in your uncontrollable dreams.

Some people have learned how to control their dreams during the lucid stage...but remember the control only starts after the dream begins...what you do, think, see and believe in, during your awake hours  will all have an input in your dreaming.

and your dreams can have an influence on what you think during the day...but remember your dreams, although appear very real sometimes - are not, they are because of what you have put in your own mind together with information your brain has collected....we are not aware of how much info our brains do pick up and store during the day, some will stay dormant some will wangle itself into our dreams.

Because this can affect on  our minds when we wake up....it can also start having an effect on what we "think" we are seeing ...eg: light flashes.

17 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

You are certainly not crazy...but you could end up driving yourself a lttle crazy over time if you continue with this demon thing.

There are no demons outside of your own mind...waking up around the same time is perfectly normal...it is your body clock responding with your brain in conjuction with the first time you woke up at that time, which could have been the result of a nightmare, as you continued to focus on "praying" to summons a demon, your mind continued to wake up as if it were being trained.

remember you are putting things into your mind which the brain does not recognise at first as seeing.....you are controlling the thoughts, but your brain will then take over while you are asleep...and this is where although you may be having a lucid dream....the confusion you have created by wanting to believe in something not proven, is manifested in your uncontrollable dreams.

Some people have learned how to control their dreams during the lucid stage...but remember the control only starts after the dream begins...what you do, think, see and believe in, during your awake hours  will all have an input in your dreaming.

and your dreams can have an influence on what you think during the day...but remember your dreams, although appear very real sometimes - are not, they are because of what you have put in your own mind together with information your brain has collected....we are not aware of how much info our brains do pick up and store during the day, some will stay dormant some will wangle itself into our dreams.

Because this can affect on  our minds when we wake up....it can also start having an effect on what we "think" we are seeing ...eg: light flashes.

I guess I just can't get over the fact that these things happened in REAL life. I thought it was supposed to be fake like a lot of people suggest, but when I actually went out of my way to seek the answer myself, I obtained it. It was evidence to ME and I know that if I were to try it again, the same things would happen. When I was trying this, I got scared and started sleeping with the lights on and stopped calling for them-- and I suddenly stopped waking up between 3-4am and stopped waking up in fear & paranoia. Sometimes I wonder what would've happened if I gave into the fear, kept the lights off, kept inviting the demons, etc. I'm convinced that I would've ended up like Anneliese Michel. Anneliese Michel was said to had been possessed by demons. The priests recorded the exorcism and here it is -->

I'm actually glad you brought up lucid dreaming again. If so many us do not know when we are dreaming, this tells me that most of us cannot distinguish a dream from reality. My question would be...  If we are unsure if we are dreaming or not, how do we know life itself isn't a dream?

So... as I was reading this my immediate opinion was also that your mind was playing with you. Becoming consumed with the reading of the prayers and looking for signs immediately made me think that you were causing these things to happen yourself. Maybe you were hoping so much for a sign, that you found them in anything. 

A prime example of that just happened to me, as I was reading this i heard banging in the wardrobe opposite me... immediately my mind told me that some how an evil spirit knew I was reading this and wanted to mess with me. The reality being that I was just hyper aware of everything as I read about your experiences that suddenly something weird happened to me. I think its in our nature. :)

Ok...let me first say that your experiences are tame. 

Secondly, here's some Crowley on that. 

In the Abyss all things exist, indeed, at least in posse, but are without any possible meaning; for they lack the substratum of spiritual Reality. They are appearances without Law. They are thus Insane Delusions.

Now the Abyss being thus the great storehouse of Phenomena, it is the source of all impressions.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjVqqDOha3SAhUo0YMKHd0hAvAQFggcMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FAbyss_(Thelema)&usg=AFQjCNG8C2L2Ip96Q57hO83Av2z0TXjR6A&sig2=A5TPaqbxR49EOF0ETBEpUQ

There is a creator. It's you. 

13 hours ago, XSAS_Daughter said:

So... as I was reading this my immediate opinion was also that your mind was playing with you. Becoming consumed with the reading of the prayers and looking for signs immediately made me think that you were causing these things to happen yourself. Maybe you were hoping so much for a sign, that you found them in anything. 

A prime example of that just happened to me, as I was reading this i heard banging in the wardrobe opposite me... immediately my mind told me that some how an evil spirit knew I was reading this and wanted to mess with me. The reality being that I was just hyper aware of everything as I read about your experiences that suddenly something weird happened to me. I think its in our nature. :)

I was not looking for signs. I noticed the signs as they came. I am a person who loves sleep and needs sleep- If I were looking for signs, it wouldn't be anything like nightmares or anything that would affect my sleep. I admit that I may thought that I was hearing normal noises that I thought were paranormal, but the sleep was proof to me that something outside of my mind was affecting me.

10 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Ok...let me first say that your experiences are tame. 

Secondly, here's some Crowley on that. 

In the Abyss all things exist, indeed, at least in posse, but are without any possible meaning; for they lack the substratum of spiritual Reality. They are appearances without Law. They are thus Insane Delusions.

Now the Abyss being thus the great storehouse of Phenomena, it is the source of all impressions.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjVqqDOha3SAhUo0YMKHd0hAvAQFggcMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FAbyss_(Thelema)&usg=AFQjCNG8C2L2Ip96Q57hO83Av2z0TXjR6A&sig2=A5TPaqbxR49EOF0ETBEpUQ

There is a creator. It's you. 

I visited that link and read most of it, but I'm still not convinced that it was me making up the noises, changing sleep patterns, paranoia, etc. If we want to look at it from a philosophical perspective, nothing is real. Most humans cannot tell the difference between dreams and reality itself. If that's the case, how do we know if what we see while we're awake isn't a dream itself? Therefore, if demons aren't real, neither is God, or any of the things that we believe in.

29 minutes ago, SlayWithTheTruth said:

I visited that link and read most of it, but I'm still not convinced that it was me making up the noises, changing sleep patterns, paranoia, etc. If we want to look at it from a philosophical perspective, nothing is real. Most humans cannot tell the difference between dreams and reality itself. If that's the case, how do we know if what we see while we're awake isn't a dream itself? Therefore, if demons aren't real, neither is God, or any of the things that we believe in.

I'm not saying it isn't "real." It's real in that it can be experienced. It's hollow in that it isn't independent. 

The people who actually do this generally believe that demons are aspects of the psyche that they come to master in order to achieve self-actualization.

The spirits of the Goetia are portions of the human brain. Their seals therefore represent (Mr. Spencer’s projected cube) methods of stimulating or regulating those particular spots (through the eye). The names of God are vibrations calculated to establish: (a) General control of the brain. (Establishment of functions relative to the subtle world.) (b) Control over the brain in detail. (Rank or type of the Spirit.) (c) Control of one special portion. (Name of the Spirit.)

If, then, I say, with Solomon: “The Spirit Cimieries teaches logic,” what I mean is: “Those portions of my brain which subserve the logical faculty way be stimulated and developed by following out the processes called ‘The Invocation of Cimieries.’ “

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj30M2Tk67SAhWLx4MKHbfFBkgQFgg4MAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hermetics.org%2Fpdf%2Fgrimoire%2Fgoetia.pdf&usg=AFQjCNH-HgaN8Ox9S0CZU2hk1lXYg-DJDg&sig2=gKCNbPzdmWzoKX6SI2YcVw

Anything can be conjured from the psyche. It's up to you to realize that you're the one responsible for it. Once you do that, you can take the reins.

8 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Anything can be conjured from the psyche. It's up to you to realize that you're the one responsible for it. Once you do that, you can take the reins.

Even if you didn't believe in demonic spirits, I'd be fine and understandable of that.  There are people out there who do not believe in hypnosis, despite there being evidence of it being real.

Paranoia and the thought of someone stalking somebody could easily be conjured from the psyche, but that doesn't mean it's stirred up from just the person having those thoughts. The paranoia could be caused by an OUTSIDE FORCE.

If a dog hears a strange noise outside and responds by barking, there is a high chance that it wasn't just paranoia conjured by his psyche-- but there's a high chance that the disturbance indeed caused by an outside force.

I heard the noises and experienced it and just like a dog, I feel confident that it wasn't just me.

I expected skepticism from other people before I posted this because I know how humans think. Unless they actually experience it themselves, one eyebrow will be raised. I've personally experienced these things. The only way you or anybody else can experience what I've experienced is by conducting your own paranormal experiment and seeing for yourself. That's exactly what I did.

I formed a hypothesis, conducted an experiment, and concluded that demons exist after getting results.

9 minutes ago, SlayWithTheTruth said:

Even if you didn't believe in demonic spirits, I'd be fine and understandable of that.  There are people out there who do not believe in hypnosis, despite there being evidence of it being real.

Paranoia and the thought of someone stalking somebody could easily be conjured from the psyche, but that doesn't mean it's stirred up from just the person having those thoughts. The paranoia could be caused by an OUTSIDE FORCE.

If a dog hears a strange noise outside and responds by barking, there is a high chance that it wasn't just paranoia conjured by his psyche-- but there's a high chance that the disturbance indeed caused by an outside force.

I heard the noises and experienced it and just like a dog, I feel confident that it wasn't just me.

I expected skepticism from other people before I posted this because I know how humans think. Unless they actually experience it themselves, one eyebrow will be raised. I've personally experienced these things. The only way you or anybody else can experience what I've experienced is by conducting your own paranormal experiment and seeing for yourself. That's exactly what I did.

I formed a hypothesis, conducted an experiment, and concluded that demons exist after getting results.

A lot of people who get involved in the occult never actually do any real reading on it. They gather books, sure, but they're like...decor for some reason.

Your experiment does not take into account the psyche and what it can produce. People who spent their lives doing this have warned that it's not good to get caught up in the phenomena. It might behoove you to see what they have to say, and at least consider it. 

You are confusing me with a skeptic. I'm a practitioner. You can find my experiences on here, if you care to look. I'm aware that it can be mastered, because I did it. You don't have to allow your psyche to create phantoms to mess with you and yours. It can all be harnessed.

That's the secret of magick.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

A lot of people who get involved in the occult never actually do any real reading on it. They gather books, sure, but they're like...decor for some reason.

I think I've researched a lot of things on the occult, especially concerning about demons, UFOs, tarot cards, black magic, etc. I've never gathered any books, but I've researched plenty of mysterious and unknown things online due to my high interest of the matter.

Your experiment does not take into account the psyche and what it can produce. People who spent their lives doing this have warned that it's not good to get caught up in the phenomena. It might behoove you to see what they have to say, and at least consider it. 

I admit that saying those 'prayers' were a lot like affirmations. I have made affirmations and they aided me a lot in making A's in high school-- so I can understand your point. I sometimes wonder that I may have led myself to believe in these things and that maybe it wasn't real after all--so you may just be right and whoever else says the same thing. Now I'm not sure if it was me or if it was truly real. I remember walking to a Planet Fitness one evening and hearing the bushes rustle and I heard a loud growl come from the bushes, as if something were to come out and attack me. Nothing ever came out of the bushes, despite me dramatically looking around to see what caused it. Was it just my mind playing tricks on me?

You are confusing me with a skeptic. I'm a practitioner. You can find my experiences on here, if you care to look. I'm aware that it can be mastered, because I did it. You don't have to allow your psyche to create phantoms to mess with you and yours. It can all be harnessed.

I just went to your page and saw something interesting.. "Witches cast a mass spell on Donald Trump". LOL. That sounds awesome.

Just now, SlayWithTheTruth said:

I think I've researched a lot of things on the occult, especially concerning about demons, UFOs, tarot cards, black magic, etc. I've never gathered any books, but I've researched plenty of mysterious and unknown things online due to my high interest of the matter.

I admit that saying those 'prayers' were a lot like affirmations. I have made affirmations and they aided me a lot in making A's in high school-- so I can understand your point. I sometimes wonder that I may have led myself to believe in these things and that maybe it wasn't real after all--so you may just be right and whoever else says the same thing. Now I'm not sure if it was me or if it was truly real. I remember walking to a Planet Fitness one evening and hearing the bushes rustle and I heard a loud growl come from the bushes, as if something were to come out and attack me. Nothing ever came out of the bushes, despite me dramatically looking around to see what caused it. Was it just my mind playing tricks on me?

I just went to your page and saw something interesting.. "Witches cast a mass spell on Donald Trump". LOL. That sounds awesome.

Again, I'm not saying these things are not real. They're a different kind of real. You can experience them, and so can others around you. It's just that you're fueling it, and you can choose to take back whatever you put out there. You can retool it and make it work FOR you, instead of against you. 

Oh and yes, you'll see my sigil. 

29 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

You can retool it and make it work FOR you, instead of against you. 

Oh and yes, you'll see my sigil. 

I doubt I could make demons work for me rather than against me. In my experience, they really shouldn't be messed with. Being young, stupid, and not believing in them at the time, I didn't expect the whole thing actually work. I had to sleep with the lights on due to an overwhelming fear that I thought wouldn't be too much for me.

Just now, SlayWithTheTruth said:

I doubt I could make demons work for me rather than against me. In my experience, they really shouldn't be messed with. Being young, stupid, and not believing in them at the time, I didn't expect the whole thing actually work. I had to sleep with the lights on due to an overwhelming fear that I thought wouldn't be too much for me.

If you're already having experiences, then your psyche is already messing with you. It's a great time to get it under control. You might have to give up some of your assumptions in order to do that, though...and it looks like you're clinging pretty fervently to them.

I suggest you start doing the LBRP. That should even things out for you. Once you see that you can have control over this, you might think differently. 

Be careful, though. Don't fall into the trap of believing that YHVH and the archangels are anything more than other things you can conjure from your psyche to balance yourself out. 

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 7:40 PM, freetoroam said:

You might not be able to control the dream, but you can control your roll in it. I don't think his dream was lucid. It was just a nightmare.

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 7:40 PM, freetoroam said:

dp

Edited by preacherman76

1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

dp

LOL 

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

LOL 

Whats funny about that? :rofl:

I actually responded to another post here. Wrote this big long sheeple, but when I hit send it was a double post from one I had written just before. That sucked. lol

• Like 2

Just now, preacherman76 said:

Whats funny about that? :rofl:

I actually responded to another post here. Wrote this big long sheeple, but when I hit send it was a double post from one I had written just before. That sucked. lol

Sorry my mind is perpetually in the gutter, i saw DP and chuckled like a schoolkid  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Sorry my mind is perpetually in the gutter, i saw DP and chuckled like a schoolkid  

LOL, oh ok I get it now. To funny.

• Like 1