Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pollution can outweigh benefits of exercise

UM-Bot

Only in the most extreme cases. 

Sans regulations...coming soon to a city near you. 

• Like 2

Damn environmental extremists can't jog on a treadmill inside like a civilized human? Sad ,fake news 

5 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Damn environmental extremists can't jog on a treadmill inside like a civilized human? Sad ,fake news 

LOL. Crazy fresh air-wanting extremists. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, UM-Bot said:

In some of the world's most polluted cities, exercising outside can actually do more harm than good.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/304450/pollution-can-outweigh-benefits-of-exercise

I never understood this.  There are cars zooming past on a major road and people jogging on it.  Is it to be seen? "Look at me, look at me, I am out jogging".

When I go hiking it is out of town where the air is free from a lot of pollutants.  Wecan't get away from all of them, but when you are breathing deeply from exercise, the last thing you need is to be pulling car exhaust so far into your lungs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, glorybebe said:

I never understood this.  There are cars zooming past on a major road and people jogging on it.  Is it to be seen? "Look at me, look at me, I am out jogging".

Ditto.

Also don't understand how parents can surround a school every day with cars with engines running, spewing out filth, not 10 yards from where their children will soon be running about playing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, glorybebe said:

When I go hiking it is out of town where the air is free from a lot of pollutants.  Wecan't get away from all of them, but when you are breathing deeply from exercise, the last thing you need is to be pulling car exhaust so far into your lungs.

People should be able to exercise where ever they want. Unlike people who like to/want to jog everyday, you going hiking isn't an everyday thing. Don't see how you can expect people just go out of their way (10-20 minute drive) just to get some fresh air to breathe while exercising. If anything gas cars should be slowly outlawed or restricted once electric cars become widely available.

• Like 2

Me thinks this news are for people who have recently moved into these extra polluted cities.

But for people who have lived in these cities for all their lives, they are use to it. Therefore exercising outside is better for them.

thank you. i always knew that those running on toronto's side walk every morning will die of lung cancer eventually. they inhale 3 times the quantity of traffic polutants than regular walkers. 

• Like 1

Kind of a gift to people who perhaps falls on the scale of "less than fit" on the human physical spectrum so they can pronounce proudly the reasons they choose not to exercise lol

Edited by Silent Trinity
  • Like 2

Don't worry, in another few months someone will have done research claiming the exact opposite or that just being in the area and doing nothing strenuous is just as bad