Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bonnie & Clyde Best Picture Ending at Oscars

Raptor Witness

3 hours ago, Merc14 said:
6 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

I guess that's your perspective when it comes to Beatty. Like I said, my perspective saw him doing the pause when first viewing the card, and then looking at Dunaway ( I guess probably wondering if she reads it too and was confused ) and I think he was assuming she would have come to the same conclusion as he, that something was not right at that moment. I just assumed she thought he was becoming out of it and thought she had to take over, without fully reading what the card said. I'm thinking, if she just looked at why Beatty was a little confused and then see what he was showing here, ( I saw him show her the card so she can see it too and see why he was confused ) instead of thinking that she needed to take over, she would have probably help not make a mistake get bigger. I think Beatty tried. 

I didn't think Beatty did anything wrong, I thought he handled it well, I was merely throwing logical questions at raptor who, obviously, couldn't answer any of them.  His assertion was that Beatty and Dunaway staged this whole thing as an "artistic protest" of Trump so I asked him those questions at a time when Beatty was obviously very upset and demanding teh academy clear his name.

Now, the guy from the "La La Land" group who realized what happened and was getting the "Moonlight" people up to get their award, I thought was very classy through out the whole thing. I think I read some where that he joked about being a receiver and then a presenter all in a matter of minutes. :lol: 

Agree wholeheartedly.  The man truly saved the night and was the epitome of good sportsmanship, team player and the adult in the room.  

I think, if I had read it correctly, the male guy from the accountant firm, was distracted and ended up handing the best actress card to Beatty and Dunaway, and not the best movie one. 

I look at this another way as well. I never realized that they had two cards for each award, and it took this mistake to learn something new. ;)   

They get it right 99% of the time but to screw it up on the BIGGEST announcement.  Ouch.  I have lived a crazy life and have seen people screw up some truly epic things and have been there myself.  Humility is never an easy thing to learn.

Well first, I have pretty much starting ignoring the conspiracy factor tone of the first part of this thread. I feel extremely so, considering the type of 'theory' being suggested here. *ahem* And I think I've got a bit of 'conspiracy theory' bit in my blood too. :o 

And yeah, Beatty and Dunawy?!?! Part of the conspiracy?! The 'Joan Crawford' and 'Dick Tracy' of ;) Hollywood? 

Yeah, I so brushed over that. 

And yeah, maybe I'm kind of glad I went to bed early, I'm sure I would be sitting there in :o if I first watched it, and probably lose some sleep. And I had a long train ride the next morning. Yeah, makes me wonder who the next company and crew are going to be told when it comes to handing over the cards to the presenters. 

On 2/27/2017 at 8:27 AM, I hide behind words said:

I don't think the OP literally is claiming theft or assigning blame.

Instead it seems to be a witty pun recalling when Beatty and Dunaway played the robbers in the iconic Bonny and Clyde film.

beatty_dunaway_2000.jpg

Hope that helps.

It's a pun all right.

It's just insane to me that it happened by accident at the end, like this. They still can act, and act they did, right into our living rooms, by design.

8 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

It's a pun all right.

It's just insane to me that it happened by accident at the end, like this. They still can act, and act they did, right into our living rooms, by design.

So you are still asserting that Beatty and Dunaway did this purposely?

On 3/15/2017 at 1:00 AM, Raptor Witness said:

It's a pun all right.

Oh for crying out loud!!! It was an accident!!!

In a statement released Monday evening, the firm confirmed that PwC managing partner Brian Cullinan "mistakenly handed the back-up envelope for Actress in a Leading Role instead of the envelope for Best Picture to presenters Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway."

From here and check out the video of the particular situation.