Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Big Brother 2017

Farmer77

Welcome Aboard... But First US Marshals Will Scan Your Retina

We had already been through boarding pass checks, passport checks, scanners, and pat downs. At the gate, each passenger had already had their tickets scanned and we were all walking on the jet bridge to board. It’s at this point that most people assume that it is all done: finally we can enjoy some sense of normalcy.

This time was different. Halfway down the jetbridge, there was a new layer of security. Two US Marshals, heavily armed and dressed in dystopian-style black regalia, stood next to an upright machine with a glowing green eye. Every passenger, one by one, was told to step on a mat and look into the green scanner. It was scanning our eyes and matching that scan with the passport, which was also scanned (yet again).

Like everyone else, I complied. What was my choice? 

• Like 1

It's getting like the former Soviet Union. Next citizens will have to have an eternal passport to go from state to state.

• Like 3

Technology is great....   :tu:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, seeder said:

For the most part, yes but I think you may have meant to post on the internet censorship thread?

Edited by sees

3 hours ago, seeder said:

Yes it has made life easier. But tech is very vulnerable. It requires one key ingredient to function and that is electricity. Without it, tech is dead in the water.

• Like 2

As part of U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s (CBP) border security mission, the agency is deploying new technologies to verify travelers’ identities – both when they arrive and when they leave the United States – by matching a traveler to the document they are presenting. CBP’s goal is to enhance national security and protect a traveler’s identity against theft through the use of biometrics.

Biometric information (such as finger, face, or iris) measures a person’s unique physical characteristics. CBP incorporated fingerprints for biometric identification and verification in 2004, and is now testing facial and iris imaging capabilities to help improve travelers’ identity protection, the integrity of our immigration system, and our national security

I can't say I'm surprised it's going in this direction. This will make it infinitely harder to impersonate someone compared to just carrying a paper booklet (passport). That being said, I don't like it. I don't like it one bit.

• Like 2

It freaks me out alot. I go back to my argument against the wall. Once you give government the tools of tyranny they have them forever. Even if Trumps admin ends up being benign and gentle it could be the next one or the one after that who uses these tools for tyranny. 

It also freaks me out because I fly through Atlanta a couple times a month and I honestly dont know how I will respond when confronted with this. 

• Like 3

On 2/27/2017 at 0:46 PM, Dark_Grey said:

I can't say I'm surprised it's going in this direction. This will make it infinitely harder to impersonate someone compared to just carrying a paper booklet (passport). That being said, I don't like it. I don't like it one bit.

Those who give up liberty for safety, deserve neither. You can't compromise on your liberties, like giving up guns for "Safety" is basically also part of the problem too. We are being told to rely on the government and local governments, we are not capable of taking care of ourselves. Really wish we can repeal the patriot act and start allowing our citizens their privacy back.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Uncle Sam said:

Those who give up liberty for safety, deserve neither. You can't compromise on your liberties, like giving up guns for "Safety" is basically also part of the problem too. We are being told to rely on the government and local governments, we are not capable of taking care of ourselves. Really wish we can repeal the patriot act and start allowing our citizens their privacy back.

The sad truth is that many people want daddy to keep them safe. That's part of the reason we are in this predicament. They want more Government control while they chastise those of us who want freedom.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dark_Grey said:

The sad truth is that many people want daddy to keep them safe. That's part of the reason we are in this predicament. They want more Government control while they chastise those of us who want freedom.

Im curious who you see as asking for more government control. 

The reason I ask is IMO its the republicans and the right wing who are bringing the militaristic attitude, almost demanding our rights are taken away in the name of security. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

The reason I ask is IMO its the republicans and the right wing who are bringing the militaristic attitude, almost demanding our rights are taken away in the name of security. 

The Repubs and the right wing generally support the Constitution and smaller Government. Conservatives "conserve". Liberals want a Government program to be created for every issue they have, more "alphabet soup" agencies, more Government oversight. Traditionally, anyway. I think the militaristic branches (military industrial complex,) are constantly creeping in around us regardless of which party holds Office. They have become their own Government within the Government and pose the biggest threat to our freedom, IMO.

• Like 3

On 2/27/2017 at 9:26 AM, sees said:

650f6c552d107a8c34d20f28a874341e.jpg

you do realize there is fundamental difference between immigration then, and now.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Both Dems and Reps want more government control, just control over different things. Examples: Dems want to control how much sugar or fatty acids you ingest while Reps want to control which bathroom you are supposed to use. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, aztek said:

you do realize there is fundamental difference between immigration then, and now.

Yes and Mexicans do not constitute the whole immigration problem do they?

You do realise it is estimated to take 16 years to build another wall and that Mexico isn't going to pay for it????

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-speech-mexico-wall-payment-donald-joint-address-congress-a7604826.html

Edited by sees

1 minute ago, sees said:

Yes and Mexicans do not constitute the whole immigration problem do they?

You do realise it is estimated to take 16 years to build another wall and that Mexico isn't going to pay for it????

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-speech-mexico-wall-payment-donald-joint-address-congress-a7604826.html

i guess you do not realize. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aztek said:

i guess you do not realize. 

I guess you do not realize the ludicrous situation re. the wall.....that was what my original post addressed # 2

Edited by sees

Just now, sees said:

I guess you do not realize the ludicrous situation re. the wall.....

it has nothing to do with a wall, but carry on.

Just now, aztek said:

it has nothing to do with a wall, but carry on.

In your post above (# 14) you quoted my original post # 2 which was about the wall!  That is what I am addressing.

Just now, aztek said:

right, and you do not see that your post is about immigration, as well?  

That is a wider issue.  My post was specifically about the Mexican wall and no, I don't approve of the travel ban - it is VERY unpopular!  Have you noticed?

26 minutes ago, aztek said:

Even the definition of immigration seems to have morphed.  For many on the Left, you are an "immigrant" if you arrive here.  No need for any legal process or assimilation.  If rule of law were restored and it was impossible for these newcomers to ever VOTE, the Democrats would turn180 overnight.  I live in a community with lots of Mexicans who speak no English.  Many of them look at me like I'm an enemy.  It makes me wonder about the future.  When their numbers make ME the minority, will I BE an enemy?  Finally, how many will be enough?  Who gets to decide?  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, and then said:

Even the definition of immigration seems to have morphed.  For many on the Left, you are an "immigrant" if you arrive here.  No need for any legal process or assimilation.  If rule of law were restored and it was impossible for these newcomers to ever VOTE, the Democrats would turn180 overnight.  I live in a community with lots of Mexicans who speak no English.  Many of them look at me like I'm an enemy.  It makes me wonder about the future.  When their numbers make ME the minority, will I BE an enemy?  Finally, how many will be enough?  Who gets to decide?  

I lived south of Phoenix for a while and once I stepped outside of my neighborhood (it was a ticky tacky master planned community) I was the minority and hispanics were the majority. I didnt realize how deeply uncomfortable that made me feel until we moved and I heard two people speaking spanish in the grocery store in my new town and realized they were the odd ones not me. 

Its a tough issue for sure.