Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DNC picks Perez

Merc14

The DNC selected Tom Perez, instead of Keith Ellison, as chairman.   The MSM calls him a moderate but that is only in comparison to Ellison, a former member of The Nation of Islam (Farrakhan's hate group).    Mother Jones magazine called Perez “one of the administration’s most stalwart progressives.”  Jim Geraghty of NRO did a write up on Perez a year or so ago when he was being touted as crooked Hillary's running mate that I'll C&P below http://www.nationalreview.com/article/436112/tom-perez-leftist-radical-hillary-clinton-vp-shortlist?utm_source=jolt&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Jolt 2/27/2017&utm_term=Jolt    Tom Perez id as far left as you can get so it looks like the democrats have decided they weren't radical enough and are diving head first into crazy land. 

excerpt:

Perez’s liberal credentials are as impeccable as they come. Mother Jones called him “one of the administration’s most stalwart progressives.” Conservative policy experts who have followed his work in the Justice and Labor Departments consider him perhaps the Obama administration’s most radical and relentless ideologue.

Iain Murray, the Competitive Enterprise Institute’s vice president of strategy, calls Perez “possibly the most dangerous person in the administration right now.”

“His rewriting of U.S. labor law is probably the most fundamental attack on the free-enterprise system going on at present,” Murray says. “If he has his way, we won’t just revert to the 1930s. We’ll do things that even Franklin Roosevelt couldn’t do, like eliminate vast numbers of independent-contractor jobs and unionize those that remain.”

Murray sees Perez’s ideological vision as driven by an arrogant insistence that most workers are oblivious to their own exploitation by employers, and need the state to intervene to help them understand proper “work-life balance” or to make basic choices about work. His work in the Justice Department was just as extreme.

“He essentially operationalized Eric Holder’s radicalization of the Department of Justice,” says Ilya Shapiro, a senior fellow in Constitutional Studies at the Cato Institute. “No civil-rights theory too crazy to pursue, no litigants too awkward to pay off.”

“Perez has shown a glaring inability to tell the truth and dispassionately apply the basic constitutional tenet of ‘equal justice under law,’” declared Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. Long before Obama stepped into the Oval Office, Perez stood out as a Democratic lawmaker willing to ignore or contravene laws that impeded his agenda. As a member and then chairman of the Montgomery County Council, Perez promoted driver’s licenses and in-state tuition eligibility for Maryland illegal immigrants.

In 2006, Perez ran for state attorney general and pushed for one of his favorite ideas at the county level, a program to have state residents import low-cost prescription drugs from Canada. But the federal Food and Drug Administration said the program would be illegal, and county attorneys concurred in a formal review, adding, “one need not be a lawyer nor clairvoyant to see the potential for civil liability.” Perez responded that, “Sometimes you have to push the envelope in pursuit of the right thing.”

Throughout his career, Perez has touted “disparate-impact theory” in discrimination law, which contends that discrimination exists in just about any circumstance where statistical data point to a racial disparity, regardless of whether discriminatory intent can be proven. He was willing to go to unprecedented lengths to protect this touchstone of his legal thinking.

• Like 3

I figured they'd select Ellison.  Maybe Dershowitz' threat made the difference.  Either way, they seem truly sold-out to a stuck-on-stupid agenda.

• Like 4

In 2006, Perez ran for state attorney general and pushed for one of his favorite ideas at the county level, a program to have state residents import low-cost prescription drugs from Canada. But the federal Food and Drug Administration said the program would be illegal, and county attorneys concurred in a formal review, adding, “one need not be a lawyer nor clairvoyant to see the potential for civil liability.” Perez responded that, “Sometimes you have to push the envelope in pursuit of the right thing.”

The Liberal Agenda in a nutshell. Good grief.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, and then said:

I figured they'd select Ellison.  Maybe Dershowitz' threat made the difference.  Either way, they seem truly sold-out to a stuck-on-stupid agenda.

Ellison is a rumored anti-Semite yet he came in second and Perez vowed to make him the face of the democrat party and made him vice-chairman.  http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-democrats-20170225-story.html   I wonder if Dershowitz will leave given Ellison's high profile position?  https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2017/01/01/dershowitz-ill-leave-democratic-party-if-ellison-becomes-dnc-chair-n2265440

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Ellison is a rumored anti-Semite yet he came in second and Perez vowed to make him the face of the democrat party and made him vice-chairman.  http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-democrats-20170225-story.html   I wonder if Dershowitz will leave given Ellison's high profile position?  https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2017/01/01/dershowitz-ill-leave-democratic-party-if-ellison-becomes-dnc-chair-n2265440

I just found this - http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/02/26/dershowitz_ellisons_defeat_a_victory_in_war_against_bigotry_anti-semitism_and_a_hard_left_party.html

From the piece:   "I'm staying in the party because Ellison was defeated and the Ellison defeat is a victory in the war against bigotry, anti-Semitism, the anti-Israel push of the hard left within the Democratic party," Dershowitz said Sunday.

I see a trend within the Democrat party that will marginalize U.S. Jews who are willing to support Israel.  I remember a quote but not the person who was quoted - "U.S. Jews aren't Jews, they're Democrats, that's their religion"  A generalization, yes, but it's becoming more accurate by the day.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, and then said:

I just found this - http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/02/26/dershowitz_ellisons_defeat_a_victory_in_war_against_bigotry_anti-semitism_and_a_hard_left_party.html

From the piece:   "I'm staying in the party because Ellison was defeated and the Ellison defeat is a victory in the war against bigotry, anti-Semitism, the anti-Israel push of the hard left within the Democratic party," Dershowitz said Sunday.

I see a trend within the Democrat party that will marginalize U.S. Jews who are willing to support Israel.  I remember a quote but not the person who was quoted - "U.S. Jews aren't Jews, they're Democrats, that's their religion"  A generalization, yes, but it's becoming more accurate by the day.

I have done a lot of thinking about that and I don't see it happening en masse.    A leftist will always pick their adopted religion of progressivism over their born into religion, be it Jewish or Christian.  Dershowitz is a big supporter of Israel and that is why he made the threat but a lot of US Jewry isn't all that concerned about Israel, one way or the other, and will support an anti Israel policy such as Obama's without a peep.   Dershowitz, I would guess, voted for Obama twice, even while protesting his treatment of Israel, and if he could do that then what about someone who doesn't care about Israel?  It is rather disturbing, if you ask me, when you see the rise of anti-Semitism here in the US and the rest of the world, the left's complicity in it and US Jews choose to stick with the democrats anyways.  How they got this anti-Semite meme going on Trump is beyond me as Trump is about the most pro-Israel president we have had in quite awhile. 

• Like 3

It's clear that they're doubling down on the choices that lead to continuous failures. The new head of the DNC sounds like Ellison Lite. It's like they can't or won't learn from their mistakes. It appears that they're writing off the White working class. They're not aware enough to know that the Black working class and the Brown working class share the same concerns. Scores of them are abandoning the useless propaganda of identity politicians. What will they do when even minority groups trickle away from them? It smacks of planned obsolescence, but it's more likely that they really *are* that stupid!

• Like 2

I love saying this every time the chance arises because sometimes it's the only thing to be said. Even though you've all heard it before...

Liberals never believe what they are doing isn't working. They only believe that they haven't been able to do enough of it. 

What happened to the self hating white woman whose "job" is to shut other white people down? I'm sure she must've landed a job somewhere in the DNC.

• Like 5

Well he hit the ground running calling President Trump the "worst" President ever in his acceptance speech.

10 hours ago, and then said:

Well, how anti-Semitic is that?

Sounds like the propaganda from the Zionists running Shalom TV who treat US Jews who don't donate to Zionist organizations, or become dual citizens of Israel, or at the very least visit or donate to Israel, as 2nd class Jews.   Not quite "self haters" but it's disrespectful to say the least (it, meaning Zionist attitudes towards Jews who aren't politically correct).

Only 17% of Jews in the US think that settlement construction in the West Bank helps Israel's security.    Almost three times as many think it hurts.   And this was almost four years ago, so if you think it's getting even worse by the day, then according to that statistic and many others in the link below, my views are far more inline with real Jews than Zionists like you are.   Only a minority of Jews think that caring about Israel is a part of being Jewish.   So for future reference, whenever we argue about Israel again, the majority of US Jews are on my side.  You've got the Zionists on yours, and a minority of Jews to go with it, which feels like a huge majority to you, because it's like the Democrat Joe Biden said, you don't have to be a Jew to be a Zionist.

http://www.pewforum.org/2013/10/01/jewish-american-beliefs-attitudes-culture-survey/

We can also discuss Israeli Jews if you'd like, and what the majority of Israelis believe.  What about them?   Are Israeli Jews real Jews, andy? 

Don't even think about discussing Iranian Jews, that won't be helpful to your Zionist narrative either.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, and then said:

So Alan Dershowitz has so much influence on Democrats that he changed their selection with a threat?   You don't see a problem with that?  

10 hours ago, Merc14 said:

I have done a lot of thinking about that and I don't see it happening en masse.    A leftist will always pick their adopted religion of progressivism over their born into religion, be it Jewish or Christian.  Dershowitz is a big supporter of Israel and that is why he made the threat but a lot of US Jewry isn't all that concerned about Israel, one way or the other, and will support an anti Israel policy such as Obama's without a peep.   Dershowitz, I would guess, voted for Obama twice, even while protesting his treatment of Israel, and if he could do that then what about someone who doesn't care about Israel?  It is rather disturbing, if you ask me, when you see the rise of anti-Semitism here in the US and the rest of the world, the left's complicity in it and US Jews choose to stick with the democrats anyways.  How they got this anti-Semite meme going on Trump is beyond me as Trump is about the most pro-Israel president we have had in quite awhile. 

While we can acknowledge you think US Jews' history of voting Democrat in this country is disturbing, what evidence do you have that Republicans are the safe haven from anti-Semitism?    Make your case.  I'd love to see it!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, and then said:

I remember a quote but not the person who was quoted - "U.S. Jews aren't Jews, they're Democrats, that's their religion"  A generalization, yes, but it's becoming more accurate by the day.

And who made you the arbiter of Jewishness?

It is time for a jewfaq.

Who is a Jew?

A Jew is any person whose mother was a Jew or any person who has gone through the formal process of conversion to Judaism.

It is important to note that being a Jew has nothing to do with what you believe or what you do. A person born to non-Jewish parents who has not undergone the formal process of conversion but who believes everything that Orthodox Jews believe and observes every law and custom of Judaism is still a non-Jew, even in the eyes of the most liberal movements of Judaism, and a person born to a Jewish mother who is an atheist and never practices the Jewish religion is still a Jew, even in the eyes of the ultra-Orthodox. In this sense, Judaism is more like a nationality than like other religions, and being Jewish is like a citizenship. 

http://www.jewfaq.org/m/whoisjew.htm

Edited by Avatar Samantha Ai
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, F3SS said:

I love saying this every time the chance arises because sometimes it's the only thing to be said. Even though you've all heard it before...

Liberals never believe what they are doing isn't working. They only believe that they haven't been able to do enough of it. 

What happened to the self hating white woman whose "job" is to shut other white people down? I'm sure she must've landed a job somewhere in the DNC.

Spot on mate!!   If it failed the last 8 years it is because we didn't do more of it, so double down!  Love it!  The pendulum will swing but I think we have a decade to fix things because this guy, as far left as he is, will be forced even further left and that is probably the death of the democrat party as we know it.  Pelosi and her ilk will die off but will have strangled every bit of life out of the current DNC and they will have to rebuild but never fear, they will. 

The only thing  that will keep these reprobates in power is if Trump fails and so far he has done fairly well.  They have used every tool in their arsenal to destroy his presidency, before it starts, but none of it has worked!  It is truly an amazing thing to see as Teflon Don shrugs off the usual garbage our criminally biased media has thrown at him.   I am not saying the guy is perfect but he has treated the corrupt media just the way we have wished a president would for decades, with derision and scorn. 

This is not the press the founders envisioned, it never was, but the current incarnation is an adjunct of the most anti-constitutional party to ever achieve power in this country.  They are down  and out now and reacting  like the childish fools they are but make no mistake, they will get smarter and more violent so watch out.

• Like 1

Obama had a free ride the first two years he was in office, its only fair Trump have the same.  As far as fixing things, I will take a wait and see  approach. Democrats as they now stand seem on the way out, its gonna take a massive redirection.  But I do not believe it is good for a democracy to have only one party.  You can feel good about prevailing, but what does that do to our democracy for the next 20 years? Yes, we can agree that the Democrats might have been on the wrong track, but the Republicans are not out of the woods. If they focus on the top 5% and forget about the disaffected people who elected Donald Trump, they too will pass.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

And who made you the arbiter of Jewishness?

It is time for a jewfaq.

http://www.jewfaq.org/m/whoisjew.htm

There's 3 identities an individual can adopt if Jewish:

1. Religious identity

2. Racial identity

3. National identity(Israeli)

But note there are levels of Israeli citizenship and requirements.  To obtain the highest level of citizenship you have to be born to a jewish mother who has an ancestral jewish bloodline. I believe you are required, by Israeli law, to undergo a DNA blood test to confirm your jewish identity.

Lol

You couldn't make this stuff up it sounds so outrageous but its true.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, acidhead said:

Lol... David Duke endorsed Ellison.... where was the media asking him to disavow???   Lol

LOL

4 hours ago, acidhead said:

Lol... David Duke endorsed Ellison.... where was the media asking him to disavow???   Lol

If you're suggesting that the leftist media went easy on him because he's a democrat, you weren't paying attention.   He was smeared badly for making docile comments about Israel years ago.  If only the worst of his problems was whether or not to disavow David Duke he could have disavowed him and won like Trump.  It was much worse for Ellison than that.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Yamato said:

If you're suggesting that the leftist media went easy on him because he's a democrat, you weren't paying attention.   He was smeared badly for making docile comments about Israel years ago.  If only the worst of his problems was whether or not to disavow David Duke he could have disavowed him and won like Trump.  It was much worse for Ellison than that.

Are you kidding me? He gets a free pass from the progressive media, who are *forced* to bring up his past ties to Farrakhan since they don't want to lose *all* credibility.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, acidhead said:

Had Trump disavowed Farrakhan yet?

Farrakhan endorsed Trump.

Louis Farrakhan endorses Donald Trump

http://www.veteransnewsnow.com/2016/10/01/1009677-louis-farrakhan-endorses-donald-trump/

Edited by Avatar Samantha Ai

On 2/27/2017 at 0:19 PM, and then said:

A google and bing search show nothing of that quote.  Maybe it was Ralph on the corner stool at your favorite bar?  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, acidhead said:

Has Trump disavowed Michael Symonette?

If you’ve seen footage of a Donald Trump campaign event over the past month or so, you’ve probably seen the signage floating behind him: “Blacks for Trump.”

The Republican presidential nominee has expressed delight at the displays, and has gone out of his way to draw the attention of his predominantly white crowds and the media to their message.

“I love the signs behind me. Blacks for Trump. I like those signs,” he said at a rally last week in Sanford, Florida. “Blacks for Trump. You watch. You watch,” he added.

The Miami New Times reported that Symonette is a former member of a violent cult, named after its leader, “Yahweh ben Yahweh”:

Michael, along with 15 other Yahweh followers, was charged for allegedly conspiring in two murders; his brother, who was also in the cult, told jurors that Michael had helped beat one man who was later killed and stuck a sharpened stick into another man's eyeball. But jurors found Michael (and six other Yahweh followers) innocent. They sent Mitchell away for 20 years in the federal pen.

In the years that followed, he changed his last name to Symonette, made a career as a musician, started a radio station in Miami and then re-invented himself as Michael the Black Man, an anti-gay, anti-liberal preacher with a golden instinct for getting on TV at GOP events. He's planned events with Rick Santorum and gotten cable news play for bashing Obama.

But what’s just as eye-popping as his storied past are his current views. When it comes to this election, Symonette’s support for Trump seems to be driven mostly by the fact that he’s vehemently anti-Clinton — but for reasons totally separate from the ones you’ll hear from the Trump campaign and most supporters.

No, Symonette doesn’t think she’s a “crook.” He’s convinced she’s a secret longtime white supremacist — with a specific goal to wipe out African-American women.

“Hillary’s last name is Rodham, and their family members are Rothschilds, who enslaved 13,000 slaves as collateral.” he told the Miami New Times, explaining his support for Trump. “I completely despise Hillary.” Gods2.com proclaims that Clinton, along with Obama, is a member of the Illuminati, and that she is in fact “in the KKK.” (It goes without saying that there is no evidence that Clinton is a member of or a friend to white supremacist groups, and that the Illuminati are not real.)

http://www.vox.com/identities/2016/11/1/13449340/blacks-for-trump-conspiracy-bad

Meet the Horde of Neo-Nazis, Klansmen, and Other Extremist Leaders Endorsing Donald Trump

The Republican nominee for president has not disavowed any of them.

http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2016/09/trump-supporters-neo-nazis-white-nationalists-kkk-militias-racism-hate

13 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Are you kidding me? He gets a free pass from the progressive media, who are *forced* to bring up his past ties to Farrakhan since they don't want to lose *all* credibility.

Well since you brought it up, did Trump have to disavow Farrakhan too?   Not that I think he should, but if all you've got to do is disavow David Duke, you're being let off a lot easier than you could have been.

I remember the way the story went.  Paraphrasing over a two or three day period:

"Do you disavow David Duke and white supremacist groups?"

"I don't know what organizations you're talking about. I never met David Duke I don't know anything about him."

"It's the KKK."

"Well I don't know anything about it.  I'll have to see what groups you're talking about dum dee dumm..."

"Here are times in the past you've talked about David Duke specifically where you seemed to know who he was..."

"Uhhhh...okay I disavow David Duke and the KKK then."

Compared to when Ron Paul was being asked the same questions:

"Do you disavow Stormfront and white supremacist groups that donated to your campaign?"

"No, I'll take their money and spend it against their interests."

And that was the end of that.

But Trump caved in to it.   So on principle he could have caved in a lot more times than he did, but disavowing David Duke one time pretty much accounted for all the rest of them. 

LOL I guess? PP, Michelle, acidhead, preacherman76?

What Dershowitz had to do was ignore Ellison's past ties to Israel, and claim he "abandoned" them instead.   It doesn't matter how much history of support for Israel he had, not whipping out the US taxpayer money for Iron Dome equals abandonment!   What are we even voting for it or funding it in the first place?   Ewwww someone must be anti-Semitic for asking that.   As if other countries don't pay for our military so they're anti-American.  Whoops there goes *all* credibility.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/85/96/47/859647dd313b4ed98884223bf9173d9f.jpg

• Like 1

Yamato, Ellison was friends with Farrakhan. Can you dig it? Trump never even knew or met Duke. Don't even pretend that they're in the same solar system.