Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Investigator

Newcomer14

Im new and I need to know so pointers on how to communicate and keep myself safe from the spirits and how to tell if they mean harm or not and if you have anything else to help please tell me thank you

~New Comer 

Welcome to UM Newcomer14 :st Please, take time to read the site rules, check out some threads, and enjoy your time here on UM :tu:

I'm not sure what you mean by you are having an investigation? As in you are having one at your house or something, or you are leading an investigation, or you are going somewhere for a ghost hunt or what?

And within ghost lore, there's all sorts of stuff. Like communication can be seances, spirit boards and various devices, or even just talking out loud and recording it to see what might come up on playback. Keeping safe ranges all over depending on the place or beliefs- charms, spells, special objects, salt, various herbs, crystals, and so on come up for protection. Harm or not seems to come along the lines on if whatever it is feels evil/wrong/harmful/ect or not, or when stories about people being hurt in some manner come up. There's heaps of stuff in the lore, and your OP is very general.

• Like 1

Ok I'm leading a single man investigation to the old battlefield of 1812 about 20 minutes from my own home and i will need as much preparation as possible and i will make sure to read the rules^_^

• Like 1

I'm assuming it will be outside? If so familiarize yourself with the nocturnal wildlife and their sounds. Also research what dust, pollen, bugs,  moisture, breath, etc. look on camera. Sounds pretty basic but many people have no clue.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Newcomer14 said:

Yes how did you know Rashore?

And ok i will try my best SecretSanta thank you

Well, you showed yourself as Indiana... there is a rather limited supply of haunted 1812 battlegrounds in Indiana, and that was the first place that came up.

2 minutes ago, rashore said:

Well, you showed yourself as Indiana... there is a rather limited supply of haunted 1812 battlegrounds in Indiana, and that was the first place that came up.

oh ok thats understandable and yeah thats where it is, Mississinewa  is a nature park and in its limits happens to be the 1812 battle field i really wanted to investigate it after the reenactment that takes place every year due to them reenacting the battle that can stir things up if Im no mistaken

Well if you want to do it after the reenactment, at least you have until October to get your research and preliminary action going on. A goodly amount of time to familiarize yourself with a lot of the naturally occurring things in the area, the legalities of the place, that sort of thing.

Yea your right but if I do wait i will have to find another place to go this weekend I was thinking maybe this place in Peru, Indiana called Okie Pinokie