Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tattoo enthusiasts

dagg

Love ink. Ive got one arm sleeved and a piece on my back. Havent had any work done in a couple of years but I do have several other pieces planned out. 

• Like 4

I just have 2 tats, just before joining the Navy I got the obligatory crossed anchors on one wrist.

Then when I was on R&R in Bangkok I got drunk and got a cobra on my upper arm. Twist:  It was done by hand with a bamboo needle. It is very faded now however.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

I just have 2 tats, just before joining the Navy I got the obligatory crossed anchors on one wrist.

Then when I was on R&R in Bangkok I got drunk and got a cobra on my upper arm. Twist:  It was done by hand with a bamboo needle. It is very faded now however.

Thats so cool!!!  I would really like to have a piece done traditionally like that

• Like 2

I have 3. For me the pain was scratching mixed with someone slapping bad sunburn, not the worst pain but still enough to go ouch. First was the about 3 inches big coloured (purple outline, blue shading and red heart) Butterfly on my right shoulder blade, in memory of my mom (she passed March 4th 2011) it was done June 2011 and didn't hurt as much as I expected it to. I had people (family and ex family) tell me I'd back out of getting it done, because feared needles, proved them wrong. My 2nd oldest sister went with me and got a butterfly to, I almost passed out watching hers get done. Second was in 2014 Believe with a star over the i written on my left wrist also about 2-3 inches big. It was my way of celebrating getting into the course (animal care) I had wanted to get into for years. Took my fiancé Michael along to hold my hand (poor guy ended up with finger nail marks in his hand, but said I wasn't hurting him with the nails or squeezing of his hand) and it hurt more then my Butterfly did. It's across veins, the ie hurt the most. Jan 2016 Snoopy holding a heart on my lower back is about 4in, I love Snoopy, (mom could sort of draw Snoopy) and the one mine is based on is from a Facebook sticker that my almost 17 year old niece made a drawing of after sending it to me because I said it'd make a good tattoo. Snoopy is slightly raised because I went to my local tattoo place right after seeing the Chiropractor to book a session, the artist had an opening so I took it and it was done on the spot. It hurt so much because the area was already tender after my chiropractic session. Mine are in places that I can hide or show them if I choice to

• Like 2

There's something addictive about getting a tattoo, it's a pleasurable addictive pain. Can't wait to get my next one! :D

• Like 4

Don't neglect the bad ink and horror stories too ... there's always the other side to every good ink of a story ...

~

• Like 2

12 hours ago, dagg said:

Share you tats here please. I think about having my first one.

Nothing personal man but Im not comfortable putting identifying information like that online. 

I would recommend you first figure out which genre of tattoo you are looking for. Once you decide that (Modern, traditional , tribal , classic ,etc) start visiting all your local shops and looking at their artist's portfolio's and talk with them . Dont take any form of payment with you so you can get out without the impulse buy , that way you can truly find an artist who's style you like and matches what your vision for your art is. 

• Like 4

Although I don't have any tattoos myself(I don't really like them on women, plus I don't want to have any obvious identifying marks on my body), I do like them on men. :)

• Like 2

Nothing to like or dislike really, much more on what the ink means and how the skin says it and in what manner ... I have a few that is entirely of a personal nature and hardly anyone knows what it means except myself and my close family members ~

~

• Like 5

I've always liked tattoos and have only one of my own. I've always considered getting another one.

Right now at the Field Museum we have a temporary exhibit on tattoos, and on certain days there's even an artist in the gallery. For a fee he will ink you. Lots of people were getting Cubs tattoos back during the World Series. So stop on by our museum in Chicago and get inked!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

I've always liked tattoos and have only one of my own. I've always considered getting another one.

Get yours done at the same place Oetzi did?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

Get yours done at the same place Oetzi did?

How did you know? He was in the chair next to me and then he left, saying he had to go hunting. Lost track of him after that.

(Damn, ShadowSot, that was a good one! Another occasion when I wish I could click "Like" more than once.)

• Like 2

Here's some of my sleeve. The skull and anchor is a cover up, that's way its so dark.

58b8db9ec12ad_skullandanchor2.jpg.d84769c74c32df1f0c71c8c86d297a65.jpg58b8dbbe1cfbe_mytattoo.jpg.1f507f2bb20f3872dcd8769667e1e9b0.jpg

Edited by Odin11
  • Like 6

Here's the other half of the lower forearm. I've added a map, rope knot, and a compass rose but I don't have pictures yet.

IMG_20160516_193224_kindlephoto-5043515.thumb.jpg.6de336ef31b7256a25b3f7ba55da21ff.jpg

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Odin11 said:

Here's some of my sleeve. The skull and anchor is a cover up, that's way its so dark.

58b8db9ec12ad_skullandanchor2.jpg.d84769c74c32df1f0c71c8c86d297a65.jpg58b8dbbe1cfbe_mytattoo.jpg.1f507f2bb20f3872dcd8769667e1e9b0.jpg

Very nice work, I really like the contrast between styles in the ship and the waves. 

• Like 2

I overheard a conversation in a bar between a guy and girl.....the guy says "I got a tattoo shaped like a question mark....it changes into an exclamation point.......:td:

Black raven in flight  left upper arm

J A H  in running writing right upper arm 

Hieroglyph  on both inner forearms  ( blue )  ;   

Related image

Self designed rose cross   ( rose twinned around image of Southern Cross )  left chest

Red two headed 'Senate Eagle' on right of chest . 

like this one 

a2d1169ece5fc07e6511270100221703.jpg

Inverse black septagram with with red descending triangle in centre   center chest . 

...   I do like those tenticles up in that post  there  ^  ... I have considered getting an octopus  tatt   :)  

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 3

Nice art, like others but I couldn't see getting a tramp stamp / biker tripe like look, eeeh pass, just me but I like tats because some are out of this world ! AMAZING !

I got my first tattoo about six weeks ago. It went on the right forearm. It hurt a lot less than I thought that it would, so that's a plus. I'm already thinking about what my next one will be.

um.jpg

Getting this on my calf. in memory of my little sister than passed away.

Where_Sidewalk_Ends_Tattoo.jpg

• Like 3

I have three. My first is an angry crescent moon on my arm. One of my best friends at the time and to this day is a great artist who specializes in scary. He won't be drawing anyone flowers unless they're zombie flowers eating your face. So when I was 18 I told him to draw me an angry moon and so he did and so I got it inked all black ink.

Fast forward 14 years or so and he finally drew my next one. My direction: draw me the angriest sun you can come up with. So he did. Got that on my other arm and shoulder. That was well about 3 hours of full color and man did that last hour freaking hurt. Bad.

My third was just this past year. Me and my wife had our first night out alone since the girls were born. We went to dinner and decided on a whim to go get the girls initials tattooed. I got their initials real big on my shoulder above my first tattoo of the moon. Wife got the same just smaller and scripty on her wrists. 

• Like 1