Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Churches Walk the Walk

GlitterRose

The strong current carrying the Rapid Response Team is the divergence of federal laws and the moral teachings of their religions. Hoover points to the Bible's Matthew 25, which teaches the faithful should feed the hungry and fight for those in prison.
"The God that I worship sent a person to earth in the name of Jesus who did not always get along with the authorities," Hoover explains. "I feel really convicted that I answer to God at the end of the day. That's who I'm going to see when I die."

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjCufLa07DSAhVH54MKHY8UBYcQFggcMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F2017%2F02%2F23%2Fus%2Fcalifornia-immigrant-safe-houses%2F&usg=AFQjCNEmfLviwgcN4pcZBiTVObh8xGfe_A&sig2=behxXFZwfw1MsgF7tuUglg

• Like 1

By "host," she means provide refuge to people who may be sought by US Immigration and Customs Enforcement, known as ICE. The families staying here would be undocumented immigrants, fearing an ICE raid and possible deportation.

The Rapid Response Team mirrors that structure, but goes one step further by also incorporating private homes, which offer a higher level of constitutional protection than houses of worship and an ability to make it harder for federal agents to find undocumented immigrants.

..are they serious? They are obstructing the law here. Paint the prettiest picture you want, illegal is still illegal. These families can feel free to go through the same channels all legal migrants did when they became citizens of this country. Also keep it in context - at the end of the day, it's harder to get in to Canada than America and the world can't stop raving about how "nice" Canada is.

• Like 4

I think the message is clear for those who are willing to hear it. Help those in need.

I don't even know if Jesus ever existed, but I think I understand the message better than many Christians. 

That's sad. 

• Like 3

The first thing that came to mind was Stowe's Uncle Tom's Cabin. Lincoln referred to Stowe and her work as the impetus for the civil war. Interestingly, Uncle Tom's Cabin was the second most popular reading following the Bible echoing the idea that Christian love can overcome something as debilitating as enslavement. Certainly the events we are witnessing are polarizing people to action.

• Like 1

I don't recall Jesus ever advocating for his followers to go against the duly appointed government rulers.  Quite the contrary.  When Trump's plans are shown to begin mass deportations, I'll revisit the idea but as of now,  he's only going after criminals wanted for something other than just being undocumented.  I'm not sure how Christ-like it will be if one of these "refugees" uses the escape to then kill someone.  When such things happen, then the church member should be held as an accomplice.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

I think the message is clear for those who are willing to hear it. Help those in need.

I don't even know if Jesus ever existed, but I think I understand the message better than many Christians. 

That's sad. 

how so? I love this message in these lyrics.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, and then said:

I don't recall Jesus ever advocating for his followers to go against the duly appointed government rulers.  Quite the contrary.  

Romans 13 raises some interesting questions for sure: 

All of you must obey the government rulers. Everyone who rules was given the power to rule by God. And all those who rule now were given that power by God. So anyone who is against the government is really against something God has commanded. Those who are against the government bring punishment on themselves.

Just for fun.....does that mean America is destined to end in punishment because we went against British rule? 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

So I'm a heartless SOB because I believe in equality and not special privileges? In case you weren't aware, the Mexican-Americans that voted for Trump did so because they went through the legal immigration process and felt cheated by the illegals that didn't. If the landed Mexican families in America can do it, the illegals trying to hop the border can do it. This is how we filter out the criminals - hard to do that if you just open the gates. Ask Europe how that works out.

• Like 1

On 2017-02-28 at 5:48 AM, kartikg said:

and that's why we should tax the church. 

Of course Churches should be taxed. I would imagine a civil war will happen before that particular thing ever gets changed in the states, though.

• Like 1

On Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 6:59 AM, Ellapennella said:

how so? I love this message in these lyrics.

Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still~

On Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 7:23 AM, Farmer77 said:

Romans 13 raises some interesting questions for sure: 

All of you must obey the government rulers. Everyone who rules was given the power to rule by God. And all those who rule now were given that power by God. So anyone who is against the government is really against something God has commanded. Those who are against the government bring punishment on themselves.

Just for fun.....does that mean America is destined to end in punishment because we went against British rule? 

Give to Caesar what is his. Let me catch this fish and toss you a Seqouia Dollar.

We are to practice the faith regardless of the law. 

In this case stranger means foreigner. 

"Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? "

On Monday, February 27, 2017 at 10:09 AM, ChaosRose said:
The strong current carrying the Rapid Response Team is the divergence of federal laws and the moral teachings of their religions. Hoover points to the Bible's Matthew 25, which teaches the faithful should feed the hungry and fight for those in prison.
"The God that I worship sent a person to earth in the name of Jesus who did not always get along with the authorities," Hoover explains. "I feel really convicted that I answer to God at the end of the day. That's who I'm going to see when I die."

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjCufLa07DSAhVH54MKHY8UBYcQFggcMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F2017%2F02%2F23%2Fus%2Fcalifornia-immigrant-safe-houses%2F&usg=AFQjCNEmfLviwgcN4pcZBiTVObh8xGfe_A&sig2=behxXFZwfw1MsgF7tuUglg

Underground Railroad 2. This is epic. I had dreams of people having to hide from the government. They are not coming for their guns but livelihoods  and fabric of family.