Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

King Tut's tomb to undergo third set of scans

UM-Bot

I wish them good luck. Because they're probably going to need it.

• Like 2

Maybe they find the Ark of the  Covenant in there  ....   the Atlantian one that worked like a chariot  .....   pulled by llamas  . 

• Like 2

I predict they will find some rocks

• Like 3

Yeah, looking forward to their results.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, glorybebe said:

Wouldn't it be amazing if they actually found something more?  I would be so excited.

Like you, I also have an open mind on the possibility that science might find what the pick and shovel have not. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hanslune said:

I predict they will find some rocks

Perhaps even small holes, or cracks, in the rocks.

Some discoveries may be too sensitive to allow just anyone to know about them.

2 minutes ago, Twin said:

Some discoveries may be too sensitive to allow just anyone to know about them.

Sensitive in the sense they might cry if an annex is found or the old meme of the the evil PTB not wanting to let 'us' know about an alien FEDEX package?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Twin said:

@Hanslune You read my mind.

DAMN you know about those alien FEDEX packages too? I hate the ones with that 'pudding' inside which kinda winks at you.

4 hours ago, Hanslune said:

DAMN you know about those alien FEDEX packages too? I hate the ones with that 'pudding' inside which kinda winks at you.

True, they're disturbing, but ever so delicious!

Last-ditch effort ay? I remember when they were adamant that there was a secret chamber containing the body of Queen Neferteti herself. What publicity bait that was! :w00t:

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 7:02 PM, Hanslune said:

Nah - They'll be Alien Fruit Cakes.  They last forever!

Seriously I'd think that ground penetrating Radar of some sort our maybe some type of ultrasonic system would work or are the stones too dense?

• Like 1

health-beauty-bathroom-toilet-loo-egypti

7 hours ago, paperdyer said:

Nah - They'll be Alien Fruit Cakes.  They last forever!

food-drink-archeologist-archaeologist-fr

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 4:16 PM, back to earth said:

Maybe they find the Ark of the  Covenant in there  ....   the Atlantian one that worked like a chariot  .....   pulled by llamas  . 

:lol:

You `d think King Tutankhamun's mother, Queen Nefertiti,as such a great queen would not be stuff into her son `s tomb, but would have  great tomb of her own .

3 hours ago, Hanslune said:

health-beauty-bathroom-toilet-loo-egypti

food-drink-archeologist-archaeologist-fr

All that bother for a cake ?      Just go to the CWA  ( Country Women's Association ) bake off   competition,  if you hang around until after the judging  and prizes  they have all these old fruitcakes and tarts   ....   that will let you sample their baking . 

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

You `d think King Tutankhamun's mother, Queen Nefertiti,as such a great queen would not be stuff into her son `s tomb, but would have  great tomb of her own .

Somthin's afoot in that tomb     ... and I dont mean a mummy foot  ......   someone was up to some ancient antics  ...... just rammin' all that stuff in there like that   .....  

Related image

25 minutes ago, back to earth said:

All that bother for a cake ?      Just go to the CWA  ( Country Women's Association ) bake off   competition,  if you hang around until after the judging  and prizes  they have all these old fruitcakes and tarts   ....   that will let you sample their baking . 

Probably not any longer, you might have done your dash now...

3 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Just a couple points of correction. Nefertiti was most likely not Tut's mom. There's really no evidence to support that. Genetic testing confirms Tut's father and mother were full brother and sister, so that alone tends to exclude Nefertiti. There is still plenty of debate but most (myself included) believe Tut's father was Smenkhkare and his mother, possibly one of Smenkhkare's sisters or Akhenaten's daughters. Let's just leave it at that for the time being.

Also, you have the order of events backward in KV62. It's Nicholas Reeves's theory that Nefertiti was interred in there, but the theory states KV62 was originally a queen's tomb (Nefertiti's) and she was buried in the concealed chamber beyond where Tut's sarcophagus was placed. Nefertiti first, Tut second.

I see the potential for another chamber or two in there, although only further examination will confirm or disprove. However, I do not believe Nefertiti is in there. I don't know many in the Egyptological community who do.

57 minutes ago, back to earth said:

Somthin's afoot in that tomb     ... and I dont mean a mummy foot  ......  

Ha, you're wrong!

mummyfeet.jpg

1 hour ago, kmt_sesh said:

Nefertiti was most likely not Tut's mom. There's really no evidence to support that.

I'm glad someone said it! Such a common misconception.