Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Intellectual Bullies: What You Need to Know

Claire.

Intellectual Bullies: What You Need to Know About Them

When we think of childhood bullying, we’re likely to conjure up images either of a vulnerable child’s being mocked to tears, or their having to endure some form of sadistic physical abuse. But there’s also a more mental way of embarrassing or humiliating an innocent child—by "lording" one’s intellectual superiority over them.

This more insidious, and frequently sarcastic, form of bullying has received far less recognition than the two more well-known forms. As Rohban Zahid puts it: “What seems to fall in between the cracks are bullies who . . . torment students who are “less smart.” And this author goes on to make a more sweeping comment (condemnation?) on our meritocracy-like culture.

Read more: Psychology Today

• Like 6

I hate bullies . Its so hard to parent kids in todays world. When I was a kid (jesus im old) you could punch a bully in the mouth and teachers and staff would look the other way, hell if the kid was really bad they might give you a high five when noone else was looking. 

Now half the time I start to give my kid advice I realize what im saying will end him up in jail at 12. 

• Like 9

Most intellectual bullies really aren't that smart, they are just bullies that like to pick on those less fortunate than them in the IQ department or those they perceive to be.  Most people that are actually intelligent have better things to do.

• Like 5

On 2/27/2017 at 2:58 PM, Eldorado said:

Plenty of adult intellectual bullies.  And you don't need to look far to find them.

No you don't, there are some even on here.  Even found a song about it.

• Like 2