Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Story of the video that brought Milo down.

Likely Guy

1 minute ago, lost_shaman said:

Ok.

Then, you really don't know what you are talking about. 

Well then, take away the veil. Give me a link that reveals his... kind nature.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

I can believe that, but apparently you don't fit into the prescribed box that this fellow's mind has ascribed to you, and that he thinks all Conservatives must conform to.

Tiresome, isn't it?

I can't wait to see what these guys have to say about Libertarians... 

I am a Libertarian and I been attacked for defending the constitution. No one is off-limits to the liberal left in their effort to control all aspects of your daily lives. Only defended Milo's right to constitutional amendments, not his character, there is a huge difference there too. Because someone says something that you don't like, doesn't give you the right to take away their rights which most liberal left doesn't seem to understand. My freedoms doesn't end when another's begins, that is the problem with today's liberal left, they really think they have the right to harass or violent mob people because they said something that triggers them. Funny too... because I used to be on the liberal left for a long time till I started to see their tactics back at the start of 2010 which really upset me and drove me from supporting them to where I should have been the whole time. Being a Libertarian who wholesomely supports the Constitution and the freedoms that the liberal left seem to don't care about or have no use for in their crusade to control what we can say and do or what we can't say or do.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

I can believe that, but apparently you don't fit into the prescribed box that this fellow's mind has ascribed to you, and that he thinks all Conservatives must conform to.

Tiresome, isn't it?

I can't wait to see what these guys have to say about Libertarians... 

Go back, reread the thread. Then grab a glove and get back in the game.

Unless you've suddenly taken on the mantel for reactionary alt-right conservatism?

I'm truthful, I don't like what Milo says nor what Al Sharpton has to say either. It's divisive and caustic.

• Like 1

The point that I take away from this is that a very small number on the left and right tails of the bell curve are trying to shape the argument and divide the curve in two.  The large proportion in the middle "The Silent Majority" as some have called it hold a mixture of conservative and liberal views.  Most of them abjure the violence of both sides. The left seems to specialize in large loud demonstrations breaking windows and burning cars.  The violence of the right on the other hand tends to express itself as lone snipers; church and mosque assassins or anti-government bombers like Timothy McVeigh.  Most of us in the middle are getting pretty sick of both.  We can't hate either side with a pure hatred and disgust because we have family members on both sides.

Then we have" itchy trigger finger" NRA LePaige just hoping some radical leftie protester will break into his home  so that he can select a handgun from his arsenal of weapons and blow him or her away.  It kinda justifies the whole NRA stance; militia for Trump.  Remember 6-8 years ago when the NRA was hinting that it was the right of citizens to blow away government officials who were acting tyrannical?  My how times change.  From one tail to the other, never passing through the middle.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

The point that I take away from this is that a very small number on the left and right tails of the bell curve are trying to shape the argument and divide the curve in two.  The large proportion in the middle "The Silent Majority" as some have called it hold a mixture of conservative and liberal views.  Most of them abjure the violence of both sides. The left seems to specialize in large loud demonstrations breaking windows and burning cars.  The violence of the right on the other hand tends to express itself as lone snipers; church and mosque assassins or anti-government bombers like Timothy McVeigh.  Most of us in the middle are getting pretty sick of both.  We can't hate either side with a pure hatred and disgust because we have family members on both sides.

I loved what you said 'til the next point. :D

• Like 1

Just now, Uncle Sam said:

I am a Libertarian and I been attacked for defending the constitution. No one is off-limits to the liberal left in their effort to control all aspects of your daily lives.

Yeah, the Constitution has been attacked, by a few extremists. Some of them even get air-time these days.

But.... "all aspects"?

That sounds like a bit much.  I don't know, I came to this site to look at other things, but this political stuff is so pervasive, and it keeps pulling me back in. Sure, there are control freaks out there and they would LOVE top be in charge, I think I almost just got into an argument with one... but they need lots and lots of supporters.

Instead of always branding everyone out there with the same old thing, wouldn't it be better to try to be persuasive, and peel away some of the guys on the other side of the aisle? You know; the reasonable ones, the less than Fanatical ones?

I can't call the real bad guys Liberals anymore, start with that and see who really fits the meaning of that word. If they have any real Liberal feelings, you can find out, and get them away from the lunatics that are trying to lead them around by the nose. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AnchorSteam said:

Yeah, the Constitution has been attacked, by a few extremists. Some of them even get air-time these days.

But.... "all aspects"?

That sounds like a bit much.  I don't know, I came to this site to look at other things, but this political stuff is so pervasive, and it keeps pulling me back in. Sure, there are control freaks out there and they would LOVE top be in charge, I think I almost just got into an argument with one... but they need lots and lots of supporters.

Instead of always branding everyone out there with the same old thing, wouldn't it be better to try to be persuasive, and peel away some of the guys on the other side of the aisle? You know; the reasonable ones, the less than Fanatical ones?

I can't call the real bad guys Liberals anymore, start with that and see who really fits the meaning of that word. If they have any real Liberal feelings, you can find out, and get them away from the lunatics that are trying to lead them around by the nose. 

And the same can be said for both sides of the aisle.

15 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Well then, take away the veil. Give me a link that reveals his... kind nature.

Honestly, I don't know what you mean by "kind nature".

Just watch any of his college speeches and then tell us you'd rather protest than listen to the guy talk. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Likely Guy said:

And the same can be said for both sides of the aisle.

I was getting to your side of things :rolleyes:

But then, have you ever tried to reach out to the less-than-rabid ones on the other side of the aisle? Or do you automatically assume that anyone that has anything good to say about Trump must be the hated enemy?

Because if you do, half the people in the country are out of your reach, and growing more alienated by the hour. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

Honestly, I don't know what you mean by "kind nature".

Just watch any of his college speeches and then tell us you'd rather protest than listen to the guy talk. 

It's not so much about Milo. It's about people like him on the Right and the Left.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tatetopa said:

Are you a Paul LePaige fan?

Hell no. But that's beside the point. :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AnchorSteam said:

I was getting to your side of things :rolleyes:

But then, have you ever tried to reach out to the less-than-rabid ones on the other side of the aisle? Or do you automatically assume that anyone that has anything good to say about Trump must be the hated enemy?

Because if you do, half the people in the country are out of your reach, and growing more alienated by the hour. 

That's what I'm doing now.

Just now, Tatetopa said:

The man does irritate me.  Was I over the top?

Nah. It's just that the 'gun thing', like the 'religion thing', is a conversation stopper. :D

• Like 1

Just now, lost_shaman said:

How so? I'm quite curious!

Radicals, extremists, reactionaries (call them what you'd like) on both sides are the ones destroying things.

• Like 2

At any rate, I've been listening to the 'offensive' podcast in question. 

I wonder if any of you who are being critical have bothered to do so?

5 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

That's what I'm doing now.

I just flipped back thought this thread, and indeed you are.

Good for you, VERY good!

I stand corrected, gladly, since I can't be here very often I wish you well.

(Its too late for me to get into any Mysteries, again, why do I keep letting this political crap draw me in?)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Nah. It's just that the 'gun thing', like the 'religion thing', is a conversation stopper. :D

gotcha.  AS Dizzy Dean said, "I feel strongly both ways",  want to talk about bow hunting instead?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

At any rate, I've been listening to the 'offensive' podcast in question. 

I wonder if any of you who are being critical have bothered to do so?

It's not about the podcast really, or Milo himself. I couldn't care less about his sexual proclivities, only his rabid form of politics.

Edited by Likely Guy

2 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

It's not about the podcast really, or Milo himself. I couldn't care less about his sexual proclivities, only his rabid form of politics.

Well thank you for being honest. 

I know that by "rabid form of politics" you mean, conservatism. 

7 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

Well thank you for being honest. 

I know that by "rabid form of politics" you mean, conservatism. 

No it's not conservatism. It's simply 'alt-right'.

I won't give it the dignity of the title that is true conservatism. The same way that violent protestors currently don't represent true Liberals.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

It's simply 'alt-right'.

Milo, has nothing what-so-ever to do with alt-right! 

This has to be embarrassing for you... I almost feel bad for you now.

• Like 2