Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How to Kill Wild Animals Humanely

Claire.

3 minutes ago, Claire. said:

There is no way I could have killed a mother and her babies. No way. Years ago, our then housekeeper vacuumed a little spider family from one of our basement windows. I went ballistic and made my father fire her — that's how upset I was.  Oh and you should know, having the odd spider in your home is actually a good thing. Spiders feed on moths, flies, roaches and other disease-carrying pests.

Yeah im in zikaville right now too so I honestly thought about letting it stay around........until I saw the babies that was awful. 

• Like 1

I must be a monster.

I have an older concrete porch.   Each year, ants or termites come up from a crack.   Thousands of them.   I pour a little gas down the crack and they die and go away. 

On 2/28/2017 at 3:58 PM, back to earth said:

I'll kill feral cats .  I used to trap them .    I was told to gas them in a bag on the car exhaust  ( NPWS &  RSPCA )  thats BS for a number of reasons , also I tried it and it was horrible !  

best method I found was, a live trap / cage   immediately throw and old blanket over cage when found, this calms them to an extent . Put in the car boot and drive to river, tie a rope around cage and throw it in .  They swim around fro a min and stop - thats it. 

For anyone concerned - here is why ;

400 native species endangered   ;    https://jordimorgan.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/shootdog.jpgwww.australiangeographic.com.au/news/2015/02/australian-feral-cats-wreak-the-most-damage-to-species

I really did not need any instruction on how to drown an animal, thank you. Totally unnecessary.

YOU claim all they do is "swim around a bit" total B.S. Why don't YOU try sinking to the bottom of a river and see just how "calmly" you would swim about before your lungs scream for air.

You just claim it to be "humane" because you aren't there to watch an animal swim and claw frantically to get out. No such thing as "oh they just swim a bit then that's it". Don't even bother trying to insult me further.

A shot to the head is far more humane then to force an animal to suffer as it tries to frantically escape from being held under water.

11 hours ago, Ryu said:

A shot to the head is far more humane then to force an animal to suffer as it tries to frantically escape from being held under water.

Not in my case it wasn't.   I caught a raccoon in my small cage trap.   I went out with my .22 rifle.   Tried to shoot it right where I thought it would be instant death.   No luck.   It started flopping around an it took my 4 or 5 more shots till it was dead. 

I  can't use a higher caliber gun because it would ruin the cage trap.   So I got online and found that drowning them is the more humane way of doing it.  

Added benefit is that it is not a messy clean up afterwards.  

• Like 1