Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

IS the fringe wave receding?

Hanslune

Used to have an orange tree growing in our backyard when I was a kid. 

Me and some of the kids would split into teams and throw them at each other. 

49 minutes ago, back to earth said:

No , none of those little pipsqueeks here . 

However ;

Roger-the-Kangaroo.jpg

Isn't that a kangaroo? And if I'm not mistaken, that's the outfit you wear to the pub every weekend.

1 hour ago, ShadowSot said:

Used to have an orange tree growing in our backyard when I was a kid. 

Me and some of the kids would split into teams and throw them at each other. 

After which you all sat down for some refreshing orange juice.

Seems like a lot of work (and pain) to get that orange juice, but then again kids don't tend to do things the easy way.

57 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

After which you all sat down for some refreshing orange juice.

Seems like a lot of work (and pain) to get that orange juice, but then again kids don't tend to do things the easy way.

Aye, but this was the fun way. 

Shaken, not stirred.

33 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Yes. Shaken, bruised, pulped, smashed, split, squashed...but never stirred.

Oh yes, bruised. Definitely bruised. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to add....  I think "fringe" beliefs and popularity are dwindling partially due to the realization of many that .. Being on the internet does not make it true.     

I've learned to be much more discerning .

Edited by lightly
Expansion

9 hours ago, lightly said:

I just wanted to add....  I think "fringe" beliefs and popularity are dwindling partially due to the realization of many that .. Being on the internet does not make it true.     

I've learned to be much more discerning .

Lightly, dear lightly, you've been way too scarce in this section lately. Why don't you visit more? Write? Send presents? Bake me cookies?

As for your statement, it seems an awful lot of people find it difficult to exercise critical thinking and just believe nearly anything they read. We see that here at UM.

11 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Lightly, dear lightly, you've been way too scarce in this section lately. Why don't you visit more? Write? Send presents? Bake me cookies?

As for your statement, it seems an awful lot of people find it difficult to exercise critical thinking and just believe nearly anything they read. We see that here at UM.

As well as so many videos on Youtube which seems to be the choice now for the spreading of woo woo.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Quaentum said:

As well as so many videos on Youtube which seems to be the choice now for the spreading of woo woo.

Good point. I'm always amused when a woo-steeped poster links to a YT video as "evidence." That is a perfect example of: it must be true because it's on the internet.

On April 6, 2017 at 9:53 PM, kmt_sesh said:

Awww, Thank you dear kmt, I've lessened my visits lately due to yet another winter vacation in the wilds of the S. California desert where we often cannot get on-line.....also, l've lessened the extent of subjecting participants to my somewhat overactive speculator.... HehHeh.   I'll ask my wife to bake some cookies for you, and everyone,.....but I'll have ro eat them for you until I learn how to digitize them .     LOVE, lightly

• Like 1

On 4/6/2017 at 8:53 PM, kmt_sesh said:

Send presents? Bake me cookies?

Cookies? Ask for houses, cash, jewelry, land in Hawaii and ETFs.

5 hours ago, lightly said:

Awww, Thank you dear kmt, I've lessened my visits lately due to yet another winter vacation in the wilds of the S. California desert where we often cannot get on-line.....also, l've lessened the extent of subjecting participants to my somewhat overactive speculator.... HehHeh.   I'll ask my wife to bake some cookies for you, and everyone,.....but I'll have ro eat them for you until I learn how to digitize them .     LOVE, lightly

But lightly, the very existence of this thread is testament to our need for your speculator.

We are hoping you have upgraded it, but even an older model speculator would fill the void this thread concerns itself with.

Harte

• Like 2