Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Bold and Hungry!"

lost_shaman

4 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Not true. It is usually one side that claims polls are worthless unless it agrees with their ideology. 

The other side will remain quiet and just think about it usually.

Most people do tend to think others think like them. But it isn't always true nor is it in this case.

Do you think most polls are valid or not? If not then speak for yourself.

Just look at these boards. Posters laud polls that prove their point and dismiss polls that disagree. If you think your "side" is any different then you are mistaken.

I have never found anyone that thinks exactly like I do. Hell I don't think I've ever meet two people that think exactly alike.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bama13 said:

Just look at these boards. Posters laud polls that prove their point and dismiss polls that disagree. If you think your "side" is any different then you are mistaken.

I have never found anyone that thinks exactly like I do. Hell I don't think I've ever meet two people that think exactly alike.

I was looking at these boards when I responded.

Only right-wingers dispute polls here.

2 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

...really?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bama13 said:

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

...really?

OK where is the proof?

I cannot offer proof that leftists don't as that would require mirroring the whole site and then pouring over each post and showing, "No, not this one, or this one either."

Show me where leftists dispute polls wholesale. They might claim Rasmussen reports are biased and offer more mainstream polls but never do they say all polls are crooked and fake.

You must have them mistake for Trump.

10 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

I was looking at these boards when I responded.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However no one is entitled to their own reality. Sorry.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Show me where leftists dispute polls wholesale.

lolprojecting.thumb.JPG.de0a7763b784a1862bb4ac6730f46912.JPG

They're still crying about that one.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

lolprojecting.thumb.JPG.de0a7763b784a1862bb4ac6730f46912.JPG

They're still crying about that one.

That was not the evidence being discussed but does prove the point.

Only right-wingers dispute polls.

1 hour ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

That was not the evidence being discussed but does prove the point.

Only right-wingers dispute polls.

Indeed.

the Leftists are disputing American democracy, not polls!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Indeed.

the Leftists are disputing American democracy, not polls!

Opposition is an integral part of a democracy.  So, if anyone is "disputing American democracy", it's the folks who are getting bent out of shape that a democratic process is being employed by someone other than them.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bama13 said:

They laud their side.  Posts about polls are but a tiny fraction of total posts lauding their side.   Their brains are utterly washed into Us vs. Them partisan mindtraps.

You're another immigrant from the History Channel forums.   I got called a "Lib" enough when W. was President.   And here we go again.   All these discredited Birther clowns who couldn't criticize Obama's policies for years and now they're ignorant enough to think that Obama is "my" President?   The partisan Trump supporters will never be capable of acknowledging anything positive we say about Trump anyway.   If you're not a religious partisan zealot who's incapable of critical thinking like them, they'll ignore you like the Plague.   They need like-minded people on the other "side" to argue with.  That's their level. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, sees said:

Well spotted!  Yes I came to the same conclusion, re. him taking credit for work done before he got into power.  Hmmmm.....

The same thing with the prosperous stock markets of late -- the rising economy -- the work of Obama and the Federal Reserve -- has cause a good increase in last year's corporate earnings.  Hence good stock market -- entirely for reasons that have nothing to do with Trump.

Trump has promised to lower taxes on corporations, though.  Maybe he will.  That would help, but is hardly the help to the middle class that is really needed.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Yamato said:

They laud their side.  Posts about polls are but a tiny fraction of total posts lauding their side.   Their brains are utterly washed into Us vs. Them partisan mindtraps.

You're another immigrant from the History Channel forums.   I got called a "Lib" enough when W. was President.   And here we go again.   All these discredited Birther clowns who couldn't criticize Obama's policies for years and now they're ignorant enough to think that Obama is "my" President?   The partisan Trump supporters will never be capable of acknowledging anything positive we say about Trump anyway.   If you're not a religious partisan zealot who's incapable of critical thinking like them, they'll ignore you like the Plague.   They need like-minded people on the other "side" to argue with.  That's their level. 

I don't think you have any right to talk about others being partisan.

22 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

The same thing with the prosperous stock markets of late -- the rising economy -- the work of Obama and the Federal Reserve -- has cause a good increase in last year's corporate earnings.  Hence good stock market -- entirely for reasons that have nothing to do with Trump.

Trump has promised to lower taxes on corporations, though.  Maybe he will.  That would help, but is hardly the help to the middle class that is really needed.

Actually the incredible Obama Market Ride is due to an unprecedented 87 billion dollars a month governmental insert into said stock market.

And don't forget...they all said the Market was going to tank when Trump was elected...now it is going through the roof...hmmm...maybe we should ...ease back...on quantitative easing...just a thought...

• Like 1

Well I certainly didn't "say" the market was going to tank, and was fully invested.  I know full well that a lifting of regulation (where I think Obama was going too far) would be positive.  I also knew, unlike Trump's lies, that the US economy was in great shape, near full employment, and interest rates so low the market had to do well.

Quantitative easing, by the way, ended almost a year ago, so your expertise here is questionable.  I think maybe you have it confused with just low interest rates, and the Fed has been slowly tightening now for a good six months.

Republicans tend to be bad for the stock market, counter-intuitively, and I don't really know why.  I'm just going by history.  However, this takes time to work itself out, and the first six months of any new administration tends to be positive.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

I don't think you have any right to talk about others being partisan.

And why is that, Frank Merton?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Yamato said:

And why is that, Frank Merton?

Thanks for proving my point.

10 hours ago, OldNate said:

Opposition is an integral part of a democracy.  So, if anyone is "disputing American democracy", it's the folks who are getting bent out of shape that a democratic process is being employed by someone other than them.

Opposition, politcally speaking, serves to prevent waste and self-rewarding policies by acting as a throttle on thr government.

Not "opposing everything for the sake of opposition". 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Opposition, politcally speaking, serves to prevent waste and self-rewarding policies by acting as a throttle on thr government.

Not in America mate. It doesn't mean to oppose everything either. It signifies the party not in power at any given time in our two-party system. They will naturally oppose what is not in their interest.

Even Bannon called the media the opposition party. 

In politics, the opposition comprises one or more political parties or other organized groups that are opposed to the government

(or, in American English, the administration),

party or group in political control of a city, region, state or country. It is the party that goes against another party. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opposition_(politics)

Edited by Avatar Samantha Ai

24 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Not in America mate. It doesn't mean to oppose everything either. It signifies the party not in power at any given time in out two-party system. They will naturally oppose what is not in their interest.

Even Bannon called the media the opposition party. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opposition_(politics)

Well, as Croft and Perry once wrote, the oppositio  isnt the opposition, its the government in exile. Ghe civil service is the opposition in residence.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Which would be people opposing anything you are in favor of.  I'm not sure you get to make that designation.  Then again, given the unprecedented level of activism and resistance in America, I'm not sure if the opposition cares what you think either.  

Furthermore, even under your (very) limited definition of what opposition is, even if looking at the world from within the strict context of governmental opposition, I would suggest that nearly everything coming out of the Trump team is opposition-worthy.  

Edited by OldNate
  • Like 2

"Bold and Hungry!?" to define Trump's administration?

More like, "Old and Money!"

• Like 1