Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Women's March 2017: WHY?

Dark_Grey

Can someone please give me a clear, concise answer for why the Women's March took place?

I've seen many clips, read many articles and so far I've found nothing but memes and generic anti-rape sentiment. If you interviewed 10 protestors, you would have gotten 11 different answers. Here's what we do know:

1. Rape is already illegal.
  2. Abortion is already legal.
  3. Women are the majority in this country (and half of them don't support abortion.)
  4. The Women's March was organized by Muslim Linda Sarsour, ironically a staunch supporter of Sharia Law (how do women reconcile that?)
  5. These women have no idea what they are actually protesting.
  6. Nazis are bad. (Who exactly disagrees with this?!)

Let's talk to the protestors and get to the bottom of this.

Gavin McInnes articulately exposes the facade that is the "Women's March 2017". If you only watch one of these clips, I recommend this one. Rated PG for language and general confusion.

I'm looking for an inspiring speech by a protestor that breaks down the Women's March narrative. Can someone please find it for me?

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Can someone please give me a clear, concise answer for why the Women's March took place?

I've seen many clips, read many articles and so far I've found nothing but memes and generic anti-rape sentiment. If you interviewed 10 protestors, you would have gotten 11 different answers. Here's what we do know:

1. Rape is already illegal.
  2. Abortion is already legal.
  3. Women are the majority in this country (and half of them don't support abortion.)
  4. The Women's March was organized by Muslim Linda Sarsour, ironically a staunch supporter of Sharia Law (how do women reconcile that?)
  5. These women have no idea what they are actually protesting.
  6. Nazis are bad. (Who exactly disagrees with this?!)

Let's talk to the protestors and get to the bottom of this.

Gavin McInnes articulately exposes the facade that is the "Women's March 2017". If you only watch one of these clips, I recommend this one. Rated PG for language and general confusion.

I'm looking for an inspiring speech by a protestor that breaks down the Women's March narrative. Can someone please find it for me?

I like the Rebel media guy who was once a foxnews anchorman.

• Like 1

If only the march was about "We're magic wizards we make people" he would tip his hat to them.

4 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

I like the Rebel media guy who was once a foxnews anchorman.

I like his talking points...

One hilarious theory I heard about the March, all these women had bought tickets back in November cause they thought Hillary was going to win :rolleyes: If you already had the time booked off...

• Like 1

We've already discussed this ad nauseam, so I would ask: Is the purpose of this topic thread to genuinely understand the objective(s) behind the march, or is it yet another opportunity to bash the men and women who participated — because from where I sit, it appears to be the latter.

• Like 5

@Dark_Grey  Er....have you not been following Trump's actions on women's rights at all?

https://carolinianuncg.com/2017/03/01/birth-control-in-trumps-america/

So the WHY of this thread has been answered.  Thread now made redundant!

Edited by sees
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

I've seen many clips, read many articles and so far I've found nothing but memes and generic anti-rape sentiment. If you interviewed 10 protestors, you would have gotten 11 different answers. 

I think it was bad timing to have a protest labeled as anything in particular. I heard probably the same amount of interviews with the protesters as you mentioned with as many different answers. 

The election of Trump was groundshaking to many for many different reasons. I've never understood the fear of "regressive politics" until this year and now that I do I have a little bit more understanding of where some of these people are coming from. Unfortunately on its face the Trump administration screams "regressive" and we've already seen it with things like the environment , the trans bathroom deal and legal marijuana. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

I like his talking points...

One hilarious theory I heard about the March, all these women had bought tickets back in November cause they thought Hillary was going to win :rolleyes: If you already had the time booked off...

That is hilarious same as that magazine with the front page madame president issue. lol

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I think it was bad timing to have a protest labeled as anything in particular. I heard probably the same amount of interviews with the protesters as you mentioned with as many different answers. 

The election of Trump was groundshaking to many for many different reasons. I've never understood the fear of "regressive politics" until this year and now that I do I have a little bit more understanding of where some of these people are coming from. Unfortunately on its face the Trump administration screams "regressive" and we've already seen it with things like the environment , the trans bathroom deal and legal marijuana. 

We know. It was suppose to be.

11 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Read More/Source/Credit(FAIR USE): http://www.westernjournalism.com/chri.

CNN host Chris Cuomo’s unexpected absence Friday from the network’s weekday morning television program New Day, which he usually co-hosts with Alisyn Camerota, instantly raised many eyebrows.

According to a CNN spokesperson, Cuomo had already scheduled to take Friday off from work, as noted by the Washington Examiner.

His absence Friday morning came after a flurry of controversial comments he made Thursday on social media.

8 minutes ago, sees said:

@Dark_Grey  Er....have you not been following Trump's actions on women's rights at all?

https://carolinianuncg.com/2017/03/01/birth-control-in-trumps-america/

Ah that explains the environmental protestors and the anti-rape signs(?)

The women there only represent half of the story. It's called a "Women's March" but it neglects the opinion of women who are anti-abortion, a sizeable chunk. It's not like this was a unanimous decision by women everywhere. Here's the other side:

Conservative Republicans have opposed the mandate since it was issued by the Obama administration, saying it infringes on religious liberty by requiring employers to pay for contraception coverage, regardless of their beliefs. 

Religious advocates fought the mandate all the way to the Supreme Court, resulting in the landmark Burwell v. Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. decision that found closely held for-profit corporations cannot be required to pay for some forms of contraceptives if the owner objects. 

Interestingly, it's being fought under religious freedoms.

11 minutes ago, Claire. said:

We've already discussed this ad nauseam, so I would ask: Is the purpose of this topic thread to genuinely understand the objective(s) behind the march, or is it yet another opportunity to bash the men and women who participated — because from where I sit, it appears to be the latter.

I want to know the objective of the march because so far, it's all over the map and the people in attendance are armed with half truths and no clear direction other than "Trump = bad". Even the speakers gave generic rally cries. If you're going to stand for something, stand for something but be prepared to back it up

18 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

We know. It was suppose to be.

Sure it was and some of those reasons were actually good ones. Many many more weren't however. 

Just now, Farmer77 said:

Sure it was and some of those reasons were actually good ones. Many many more weren't however. 

like name one good reason for that bogus march?

• Like 1

isn't it obvious?  if there is no issue to protest,  protest anyway and act like  there is an issue, be as  loud as possible, and most likely many will believe issue actually exists, that si how you manufacture inequality, and social problems.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

isn't it obvious?  if there is no issue to protest,  protest anyway and act like  there is an issue, be as  loud as possible, and most likely many will believe issue actually exists, that si how you manufacture inequality, and social problems.

Exactly.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

like name one good reason for that bogus march?

Protesting dumping coal mine waste in rivers. 

1 minute ago, aztek said:

lol, so this is what they have been protesting about??? nope. next guess

Try and keep up with the thread. It started with Dark Grey saying " ask 10 protestors and get 11 responses". The environment was definitely one of the reasons I heard the protesters give for their protesting. 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 2

Have we had the Day Without Chicks yet? When's that supposed to happen?

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Try and keep up with the thread. It started with Dark Grey saying " ask 10 protestors and get 11 responses". The environment was definitely one of the reasons I heard the protesters give for their protesting. 

lol sure. however i do not see any mention of it on their signs. also the reason you'll get 11 answers is that they do not even know themselves what exactly they protest about.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

he is up with it, what are you talking about?

Just now, aztek said:

lol sure. however i do not see any mention of it on their signs. also the reason you'll get 11 answers is that they do not even know themselves what exactly they protest about.

Yeah like i said I think it was bad timing to have a named protest. There were just too many important issues happening right now to narrow it down to a single thing. 

2 minutes ago, Sweetpumper said:

Have we had the Day Without Chicks yet? When's that supposed to happen?

I had to Google it.

CNBC Article

"In the spirit of women and their allies coming together for love and liberation, we offer 'A Day Without A Woman'," the Women's March on Washington organizers wrote in an Instagram post. The group first made a mention of the strike earlier in February, however did not state a date.

"We saw what happened when millions of us stood together in January, and now we know that our army of love greatly outnumbers the army of fear, greed and hatred."

What happened in January? She's speaking about the march like it abolished slavery. I don't get it.

The Women's March group went on to mention its support for the Strike4Democracy event set to take place this Friday, which is expected to "coordinate over 100 strike actions" throughout the U.S. and beyond, to stand up for the country's democratic principles.

...is this about Hillary losing the election? What "democratic principles" are under attack? Besides free speech for Conservatives

All I'm reading here is that thousands of women are going to stop contributing to the economy because reasons.

• Like 1