Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Team Trump's Complex Web of Ties With Russia

Claire.

4 minutes ago, Lilly said:

This is absolute nonsense, read what I wrote again. I also noticed that you edited the part where you denied Sarin was water soluble (oops!). One does not use water in the lungs (duh!) one washes off any traces from the clothing or hair of those exposed and then immediately treats the victim with an antidote. Any implication that I was suggesting downing exposed people or hosing them down for 100 hours is both idiotic and inflammatory.

This ridiculous nonsense needs to stop right now. You have made several errors and quite simply do not know what you're talking about here. My advice, stop while you're ahead.

That's not true.  I did not say that sarin wasn't water soluble so don't lie that I did.

What is true is that water solubility is irrelevant to a gas attack.  Do you understand that?   Again you as well seem to have no ability (political will) to comprehend the difference between different states of matter.   If you fail to do that in a real Chemistry course, your chances of passing the class are in peril.

Yes Lilly, you weren't suggesting it, DH was asserting it, and here you jumped in.  Be careful what you jump into next time.   Nobody's forcing you to participate.  Go do something else with your time that you want to do.  How's that for a good idea?

Edited by Yamato

3 minutes ago, Yamato said:

Actually I do know something about the subject...

Then admit your errors.

Just now, Lilly said:

Then admit your errors.

What errors?    You need to learn the difference between a gas and a liquid.   You can dissolve sarin molecules in water you're not going to neutralize the molecule.   That takes on the order of a hundred hours but I'm not going to cop an attitude and tell you to admit your errors.

1 minute ago, Yamato said:

That's not true.  I did not say that sarin wasn't water soluble so don't lie that I did.

You did before you edited it out. Be careful about calling me liar.

51 minutes ago, Yamato said:

What errors?    You need to learn the difference between a gas and a liquid.   You can dissolve sarin molecules in water you're not going to neutralize the molecule.   That takes on the order of a hundred hours but I'm not going to cop an attitude and tell you to admit your errors.

I think you'd best stop digging the hole as it's getting deeper.

For the sake of accuracy please see this from the CDC: https://emergency.cdc.gov/agent/sarin/basics/facts.asp

• If people think they may have been exposed, they should remove their clothing, rapidly wash their entire body with soap and water, and get medical care as quickly as possible.
  • Removing and disposing of clothing:
    • Quickly take off clothing that has liquid sarin on it. Any clothing that has to be pulled over the head should be cut off the body instead of pulled over the head. If possible, seal the clothing in a plastic bag. Then seal the first plastic bag in a second plastic bag. Removing and sealing the clothing in this way will help protect people from any chemicals that might be on their clothes.
    • If clothes were placed in plastic bags, inform either the local or state health department or emergency personnel upon their arrival. Do not handle the plastic bags.
    • If helping other people remove their clothing, try to avoid touching any contaminated areas, and remove the clothing as quickly as possible.
  • Washing the body:
    • As quickly as possible, wash any liquid sarin from the skin with large amounts of soap and water. Washing with soap and water will help protect people from any chemicals on their bodies.
    • Rinse the eyes with plain water for 10 to 15 minutes if they are burning or if vision is blurred.
  • If sarin has been swallowed, do not induce vomiting or give fluids to drink.
  • Seek medical attention immediately. Consider dialing 911 and explaining what has happened.

How sarin exposure is treated

Treatment consists of removing sarin from the body as soon as possible and providing supportive medical care in a hospital setting. Antidotes are available for sarin. They are most useful if given as soon as possible after exposure.

Just now, Lilly said:

You did before you edited it out. Be careful about calling me liar.

Well, I'm sorry but that is a lie.  

When I edit things for clarity you should accept the clarification and I'll give you the same benefit of the doubt.    What you're talking about is hypothetical, what I'm vainly trying to talk about with people like you is THE FACTS OF THIS CASE.

1 minute ago, Lilly said:

I think you'd best stop digging the hole as it's getting deeper.

Nope, you brought it up now put it up.   What errors.  Go back through the pages and show me the errors.   We're going to go as deep as we need to go or else you're going to drop it.

• The topic was locked

I have asked you to please stop this...you have refused. I will send this to UM Administration for review.