Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Lost Tribe of Clover Hollow

BlueHeron

45 minutes ago, BlueHeron said:

Would you not agree that I have some evidence that a B2 Bomber flew over Sinking Creek.

Nope  .... that is a photograph attached to hearsay  ..... inadmissible  in court .  How would I know that the picture was taken at Sinking Creek ? 

if you go to court with a picture of your house as evidence, you would be required to prove  that;   that IS the house in question, proof of your ownership of the house  and  your identity . 

You may not believe that evidence.  All my evidence In this thread has been based on photographic evidence.

You seemed to have missed the main point about your photos and film .    

Roundly rejected, but it's the only evidence I have that supports my arguments.

No, thats your problem , it doesnt support your arguments at all .   To you it might, but not to us as 'evidence' . 

Thats because when you view the film and pics you have a whole back story and experience that you 'run'  ( consciously and / or unconsciously )  and fill in your own gaps .   We dont have any of that , just the pics and film, that have already been through analysis ...  remember when we did that ? 

You certainly can make the argument that what I say is in those photographs is not, but it's still evidence.

:)    .....    I hope if you ever have to go to court , you hire a lawyer and dont try to represent yourself  .    :)   

• Like 3

23 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Drifting offtopic, sorry...

There's a coincidence - I had a small fascination for them as a kid - I'd sometimes find them (the colonial, rounded lump type) on the beach and not have a clue what they were, nor did anyone I asked. Then in later life I got my dream job in a marine research centre and one of the professors was a bryozoan/colonial ascidian expert.  So I finally found out what the heck they were, and much much more besides..  Fascinating things... (interested readers are invited to search google images for bryozoan, and you'll see what I mean...)

So I did, and recognized a couple.

I've found them before - always figured they were some kind of coral. Turns out not, eh?

Harte

• Like 2

back to earth:

"No, thats your problem , it doesnt support your arguments at all .   To you it might, but not to us as 'evidence' . 

Thats because when you view the film and pics you have a whole back story and experience that you 'run'  ( consciously and / or unconsciously )  and fill in your own gaps .   We dont have any of that , just the pics and film, that have already been through analysis ...  remember when we did that ?" 

I think you hit it on the head with this. I viewed what I had as evidence to my story and not evidence to scientific theories. I realize that now. All you had from me was "my evidence" which meant nothing to you. I had the whole back story in the back of my head that I subconsciously assumed everyone else would see it the same way. It's a real problem with writers when they "get too close" to the story, and they need to step back and let outside sources bring them back to reality. I saw my story as fact when everyone else saw it as fiction.

When I started this thread, I approached it as a writer, thinking everyone would want to hear my story. A very clumsy start by a novice. It was approached like I had new scientific discoveries and the evidence to support it.  A subconscious ruse I regret. But you have to admit it drew some interest. I can see now why editors and publishers change things for their own advantage. :devil:  What I saw as an extremely interesting story to tell, the forum saw  as scientific theories with no merit and no evidence to support it. When you figured out where I was coming from you adjusted your approach and I appreciate it. Maybe it's your publishing and writing experience and your own back story that kinda saw it my way, eventually. I still find our subject matter extremely interesting and have taken your advice to heart. I really didn't want to "Kill the Ump" :blush:

• Like 4

Bravo sir !   An unusual declaration of honesty ... for these pages .  

Related image

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, back to earth said:

Bravo sir !   An unusual declaration of honesty ... for these pages .  

Related image

Many times I have sat on my front porch overlooking Sinking Creek and offered tobacco as a tribute to my ancestral spirits of blood and place. Why am I thinking you already knew this? Would love to share a good cigar one day!

• Like 1

Oh really  .....  if you come to this area  here  ... the 'ancestral spirits'  might require more than tobacco ! 

Related image        Related image

even got a Hippy Vs Police tug-o-war 

Related image

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, back to earth said:

Oh really  .....  if you come to this area  here  ... the 'ancestral spirits'  might require more than tobacco ! 

Related image        Related image

even got a Hippy Vs Police tug-o-war 

Related image

no worries! I'm there.

• 1 month later...

For all those doubters who cannot fathom the idea that an ancient civilization could have existed in the Americas please read a new study just released by National Geographic that states there is now new evidence showing humans were in California 130,000 years ago.  http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/04/mastodons-americas-peopling-migrations-archaeology-science/

1 hour ago, BlueHeron said:

For all those doubters who cannot fathom the idea that an ancient civilization could have existed in the Americas please read a new study just released by National Geographic that states there is now new evidence showing humans were in California 130,000 years ago.  http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/04/mastodons-americas-peopling-migrations-archaeology-science/

Evidence that is /highly/ debatable. Trying to use this a plank to build some fringe theory about advanced early man makes it look like you just didn't read the article very well or are actively ignoring what the scholars cited /said/. Judging by what went down here, I know which I think.

And I'm curious: do you really think people here are stupid as to literally not be able to understand the idea of ancient civilisation, instead of having dismissed it as a logical deduction? I mean, it makes sense. I imagine it's so much easier to think you understand everything in the world if everyone else is a dribbling idiot, but surely demoting everyone to a moron who disagrees with you reveals far more about you than your audience or your theory.

--Jaylemurph

Edited by jaylemurph
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, BlueHeron said:

29 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

Evidence that is /highly/ debatable. Trying to use this a plank to build some fringe theory about advanced early man makes it look like you just didn't read the article very well or are actively ignoring what the scholars cited /said/. Judging by what went down here, I know which I think.

And I'm curious: do you really think people here are stupid as to literally not be able to understand the idea of ancient civilisation, instead of having dismissed it as a logical deduction? I mean, it makes sense. I imagine it's so much easier to think you understand everything in the world if everyone else is a dribbling idiot, but surely demoting everyone to a moron who disagrees with you reveals far more about you than your audience or your theory.

--Jaylemurph

Even if the information in the NatGeo article proves to be accurate, there is a massive gulf of difference between people hunting mastodons and an actual historical civilization. Jaylemurph knows this well, of course, but proponents of alternative history seem to see every ancient cultural group as a civilization. Such proponents would do well to sit down and read up on the proper archaeological and anthropological definition for "civilization."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, BlueHeron said:

Actually, as the nice article says, the evidence is dubious and still in debate by the real (and appropriate) experts (paleontologists.)

Now... even if they were confirmed, NEITHER of these things is a civilization.  A civilization is something that arises that has cities, government, farming, and structure.  It doesn't suddenly show up like a rabbit out of a magician's hat.  It grows (like humans) from a baby cluster of villages to cities over time.  They have a common set of symbols and technology.

The evidence they talk about is simply at a cultural level, if that.  However, as the article says (and the references say) the evidence is still very much under debate and is being investigated by paleontologists (who are experts in the field.)

• Like 2

This forum need a sticky post at the top  that defines ;  civilisation, artifact, technology, society, culture,   etc  .  

• Like 7

12 hours ago, back to earth said:

This forum need a sticky post at the top  that defines ;  civilisation, artifact, technology, society, culture,   etc  .  

And ruin the fun?  Why ever would you want to do that?

• Like 2

Because its boring now .   I would rather have the fun that comes from further exploration and discovery AFTER those issues are understood .

"Daily Sheeple "  ?  ^_^

'May have' once existed .     Who knows ? 

" ...  However, the real crux of his paper is not just if there was an advanced race here before humans emerged, but how we would go about finding evidence of this hypothetical species. "  ... then it says how any evidence would be gone by now. 

Then there is the usual run of comments after it ;    "  

Look at the overuse of the word "might".

It's just some speculation. Which equals old lady's gossip. :D 

Then a serious dive into woo-woo ,

:(  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BlueHeron said:

Speaking of fun, further exploration, and discovery, saw this today, however it may be tainted by mentioning the term "advanced civilization" may have once existed in our Solar System.

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/advanced-civilization-may-have-lived-in-our-solar-system-before-us-scientist-says_042017

...so rather than answer my question, you'd rather heighten the stakes in the silliness category? Interesting.

--Jaylemurph

Facts:

1. Mammoth bones appear to have been broken.

2. Humans were not here for another 100,000 years.

Conclusion:

Bigfoot confirmed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 4 years later...

Even though I've been around this site for many years, I can't believe I missed this article. I ran across the article on another site by accident recently and was curious because I don't live too far from there. I looked at all the pictures of those rocks and I couldn't see any faces. And I thought mabye it is just me. So I decided to go over there and take a look for myself.

I hope I don't get into trouble for this, but when looking for the faces, I saw the edge of something sticking out from one of the rocks and upon closer inspection, I thought, wow, now that thing looks man made, what is it? Well, my curiosity got the best of me, so I pulled out my rock pick hammer, which I always carry with me, even when I go to the grocery store or post office. I mean you never know, right? So I mean this thing was really stuck, but I looked around to make sure no one could see me and then I carefullly picked this curiosity out of the rock and tucked it away in my back pack to exam more closely when I got back home.

After arriving at home I took a look at this thing and it was an iPad, first verion, made in 2007. I actually still had a charger for this thing and charged it and I can't tell you what I saw on there because I'm now getting death threats from them. You know who they are. But anyway, it was proof that the faces are really there and it was just ancient tricknology that caused me to not be able to see them. This also proves that the ancients had time travel technology because how else could they have left this iPad made in 2007 in rocks that faces were carved into like 365 million years ago when these mountains first formed? So, skeptics, I'd like to see you explain that one away, you can't! Now excuse me, I'm working on my book. 

Edited by Hyperionxvii
  • Haha 4

On 4/28/2017 at 3:12 PM, stereologist said:

Facts:

1. Mammoth bones appear to have been broken.

2. Humans were not here for another 100,000 years.

Conclusion:

Bigfoot confirmed.

You conclusion is incomplete. Should read 'Bigfoot and UFOs confirmed'. I mean how do you think Bigfoot got here? Duh! 

• Haha 6