Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Tower Wiretapped?

Lilly

It's not really surprising, is it? When you see the amount his team has been compromised by Russia, it's only natural that he would also be investigated.

• Like 5

Watergate 2.0 :lol:

Something tells me nothing will become of it, even though I would like to see an indictment of Obama come down.

Hey, a guy can dream.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Lilly said:

The last couple of days we've heard Trump supporters say "If Obama knew and was concerned about Russia and Trump why didnt he do somethng then "

Sounds like he actually did. 

• Like 3

There is no way intelligence teams would not have done a sweep of Trump's residences prior to his taking office.

• Like 6

Wonder how easy it would be for foreign countries to wiretap the Trump Tower as well.  It's not as if the building was designed with national security in mind.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, OldNate said:

lol...  You guys will forgive me if I wait until something more substantial than Trump's looney pre-morning-coffee tweets comes out before I begin the analysis.  Right now this is just more jokes - I mean, a (so-called) Republican complaining about McCarthyism...that's like a Democrat complaining about Obamacare...  Trump makes an honest to goodness amazing president...given that America's government has become a reality TV comedy for the rest of the world.

Personally, I can't see this being an outright lie. It's too grand. I mean an accusation like that, if false, is probably criminal by definition. It would be slander I think.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

Wonder how easy it would be for foreign countries to wiretap the Trump Tower as well.  It's not as if the building was designed with national security in mind.

Maybe that's where the 400,000 dollars of taxpayer's money being spent every day on Trump tower is going?

• Like 1

Just now, ExpandMyMind said:

Personally, I can't see this being an outright lie. It's too grand. I mean an accusation like that, if false, is probably criminal by definition. It would be slander I think.

I can see it happening.  Republicans might stand idly by with the possibility of high treason going on, but I can see the CIA and the FBI taking a real close look. And since Obama was still president- the buck stops there.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Claire. said:

There is no way intelligence teams would not have done a sweep of Trump's residences prior to his taking office.

Absolutely.  But, we know how the minds of Trump supporters work.  Today, they will be saying "but it's possible", requiring no evidence.  Tomorrow it will be "he probably did wiretap Trump tower", still requiring no proof.  And by the time the weekend is over, they will be screaming "Obama wiretapped Trump tower!  Arrest him!", still no evidence needed.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

The last couple of days we've heard Trump supporters say "If Obama knew and was concerned about Russia and Trump why didnt he do somethng then "

Sounds like he actually did. 

Yeah, they did something alright...but they didn't find any evidence. So, now the FBI is investigating, will they find any evidence? Before everyone gets too excited perhaps we need to wait until the investigation is complete? What  if the FBI finds no evidence of a Russian conspiracy what then?

Oh, and what about all the illegal leaking, any connection to all this?

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Yeah, they did something alright...but they didn't find any evidence. So, now the FBI is investigating, will they find any evidence? Before everyone gets too excited perhaps we need to wait until the investigation is complete? What  if the FBI finds no evidence of a Russian conspiracy what then?

If the investigations turn up nothing then we all celebrate, not because Trump the man is exonerated, but at the fact that the highest office in the land hasnt been compromised by a foreign superpower.

As far as the illegal leaking goes, IDK  and I certainly dont want to be in the position of trying to defend Obama too voraciously 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Lilly said:

It will never be over, it will drag on and on like the Hillary emails until he is gone from office.  Every time something pops up that even hints of Russia, it will flare to life again.  It worked for the Republicans with Hillary and it will work for the Dems on Trump.  Sad hard truth.  Personally I think the Russians just ran a psych profile on Trump and decided that this was their guy and that is as far as it went for collusion.  Any contact was just to stir the pot, so to speak.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

It will never be over, it will drag on and on like the Hillary emails until he is gone from office.  Every time something pops up that even hints of Russia, it will flare to life again.  It worked for the Republicans with Hillary and it will work for the Dems on Trump.  Sad hard truth.  Personally I think the Russians just ran a psych profile on Trump and decided that this was their guy and that is as far as it went for collusion.  Any contact was just to stir the pot, so to speak.

There is one huge difference in your comparison.  Hillary's emails went through multiple investigations.  She was cleared multiple times.  Bring on an investigation.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

There is one huge difference in your comparison.  Hillary's emails went through multiple investigations.  She was cleared multiple times.  Bring on an investigation.

Yeah, Hillary was cleared multiple times. Keep believing she did no wrong. As for a investigation into Russian ties to the Trump campaign, I'm with you.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Why not said:

Yeah, Hillary was cleared multiple times. Keep believing she did no wrong. As for a investigation into Russian ties to the Trump campaign, I'm with you.

Check the archives, buddy.  I never said she did no wrong.  She absolutely did.  But, according to our investigation process, not enough to be charged.  She did also man up, state she did wrong, and apologized.

• Like 3

As it turns out, Breitbart is the source of Trump's inane conspiracy theory.

An article entitled Mark Levin to Congress: Investigate Obama’s ‘Silent Coup’ vs. Trump stated the following:

In summary: the Obama administration sought, and eventually obtained, authorization to eavesdrop on the Trump campaign; continued monitoring the Trump team even when no evidence of wrongdoing was found; then relaxed the NSA rules to allow evidence to be shared widely within the government, virtually ensuring that the information, including the conversations of private citizens, would be leaked to the media.

Yeah right.

Edited by Claire.
Fixed source url.
  • Like 6

I truly hope Obama responds to this, and not in his usual way.  Time to get nasty.

• Like 3

I'm not saying the wire tapping is true, but it honestly would not surprise me at all if it were true.

I would also love to see Obama get "nasty".   I could use a good laugh.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

No, I don't imagine it's a complete fabrication...that would be shocking...but, if there's meat here, it will be served, I'll wait to hear the story outside of tweet ramblings is all I meant.  

In the meantime, another very classy communication from the POTUS.  :lol:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, OldNate said:

No, I don't imagine it's a complete fabrication...that would be shocking...but, if there's meat here, it will be served, I'll wait to hear the story outside of tweet ramblings is all I meant.  

Gotta agree with you, it's like his 10 year old son does the tweeting for him.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, OldNate said:

Or, he read a Breitbart story, and impulse tweeted, just like he watched a Fox News story, and impulsively mentioned a non-existent terror attack in Sweden.  There is a very real chance that is exactly what happened, and it is a complete fabrication as a result of the real "fake news".

• Like 7

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked