Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Small ghostlike cat sized black creature help

Brooks1287

I just moved into a rental home about two months ago I'm 29 I have 3 boys and two dogs two cats and my mother large household never seen anything like!! About 10 pm I just got home from a weekend at drill I'm in the military as well, I was standing at the end of a lite hallway my older pup was standing in my mothers doorway looking in very alert I didn't think anything of it because her cats sleep in there, she turns to chase what at that moment appeared to be her gray Persian cat run from her door across the hallway into my children's room it looked darker almost black and my moms persian is grey and this creature was a bit thinner and smaller. It moved fast enough to not focus well, I assumed it was the cat so I walked after immediately to prevent my pup from hurting him because he is older and declawed. But when I got into the room nothing was there!!! Not the cat nothing the dog was sniffing around like whatever it was just disappeared. I turned immediately walked to my moms room and there was the cat sleeping at the foot of my moms bed. Her white Persian was asleep in the cat post thing. I was shocked and confused my mom asked what ? I told her what I just saw and she said she's been seeing it as well but she didn't want me to think she was crazy! I'm a bit incomfortable in knowing this is a reoccurring siting I have three boys youngest two are 3 and 6 I'm not sure what to do but I don't want to loose sleep I need some advice ?? What is this thing in my home ... my dog just playfully chases it as if it's a rat or cat. She searches for it constantly. Never gets aggressive or growls ... someone please give me some advice!

• Like 2

As it appears to be totally benign you could just learn to live with it ........ whatever it is! Just enjoy it, as your dog obviously does. (Oh, and welcome to UM) :)

• Like 2

Whoa, that's a potent experience!  Thanks for sharing.  Such things will really get your attention na?

If it were me, I'd do the obligatory walk around and look for unfamiliar droppings... I'd take the lower cupboard drawers out and look behind them and the washing mashine/fridge etc, for nests.   I'd also root around the outside of the house looking for holes that could be entry points for any wild critters in my spare time and fill those in if I find any... and check the attic if you have one.

Then once that's done, I'd burn sage and walk the house.  I always thoroughly smoke a new home before moving in (prefferably before we move in and it's still empty inside) and then routinely will resmoke, particularly after difficult, challenging or harsh emotional times.

Cheers and I'm Wishing you Peace Soldier.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Brooks1287 said:

I just moved into a rental home about two months ago I'm 29 I have 3 boys and two dogs two cats and my mother large household never seen anything like!! About 10 pm I just got home from a weekend at drill I'm in the military as well, I was standing at the end of a lite hallway my older pup was standing in my mothers doorway looking in very alert I didn't think anything of it because her cats sleep in there, she turns to chase what at that moment appeared to be her gray Persian cat run from her door across the hallway into my children's room it looked darker almost black and my moms persian is grey and this creature was a bit thinner and smaller. It moved fast enough to not focus well, I assumed it was the cat so I walked after immediately to prevent my pup from hurting him because he is older and declawed. But when I got into the room nothing was there!!! Not the cat nothing the dog was sniffing around like whatever it was just disappeared. I turned immediately walked to my moms room and there was the cat sleeping at the foot of my moms bed. Her white Persian was asleep in the cat post thing. I was shocked and confused my mom asked what ? I told her what I just saw and she said she's been seeing it as well but she didn't want me to think she was crazy! I'm a bit incomfortable in knowing this is a reoccurring siting I have three boys youngest two are 3 and 6 I'm not sure what to do but I don't want to loose sleep I need some advice ?? What is this thing in my home ... my dog just playfully chases it as if it's a rat or cat. She searches for it constantly. Never gets aggressive or growls ... someone please give me some advice!

You're not alone. We moved into a new place and had sightings of shadows and apparitions of an old lady and her fat cat. Our dogs chased a disappearing cat. EMFs went up during appearances. The old lady appears to be  gone now but the cat thing still comes to freakout the dogs. It took me ayear to find out from an older neighbor that an old widow lady lived and died here with a pet cat  prior to the previous owner that we bought the place from. 

Don't worry about your cat thing whatever it is because it's harmless. It's actually a fun experience when you try to capture it on film or EMF to learn about the reality of it's existence. 

As in all things on the weirder side you should do as the suggestion in the above post to rule out the normal explanations first though.

Welcome to UM :)

Edited by White Unicorn

• 4 weeks later...

Dear friend, this topic has been already commented with 24 answers and all described it and no one knows what those creatures are, disappearing in a wall. It is not seeing to damage anyone so harmless appear to be.