Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

American claims to be rightful heir to throne

Still Waters

AN ECCENTRIC American says he will claim the British throne because of an obscure ancestral link.

Kooky Allan V Evans put a rambling ad in The Times insisting he will launch a bid for his “royal historical estate” in just 30 days’ time.

But the Queen need not worry just yet – as he has been kind enough to wait until after she dies before assuming the throne “out of greatest and most deepest respect”.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/us-man-claiming-to-be-descendant-of-king-of-wales-vows-to-overthrow-heir-to-the-british-throne/news-story/4076b99a01067162897b15314968d452

• Like 3

There's been a few of these over the years.  Unless it's the same guy.

• Like 1

I think the best he can hope for is becoming 'King of Wales' ...... a thankless task if ever there was one! :lol:

• Like 2

It always kind of cracks me up when these folks pop up. Even if his bloodline is that pure... history didn't go that way buddy, deal with it. There's a bunch of people that have drops of old royal blood in them running around, and history didn't favor them either.

• Like 1

Just thought this was amusing:

An American man who claims to be a descendant of the last king of Wales has vowed to return to Britain and overthrow Prince Charles as heir to the throne.

Allan Verno Evans, 55, placed an ad in The Times of London on Tuesday claiming he is the rightful heir to the throne and will launch a bid for his “royal historical estate” in just 30 days.

The Colorado man says he has traced an unbroken line of primogeniture, the right of succession belonging to the firstborn child, back to the third century.

https://www.rt.com/uk/379162-american-king-charles-throne/

• Like 1

And I'm the real Mary Poppins!

• Like 2

He has quite the political agenda, to depose the Queen no less (but he will spare her life). However, every monarch in Britain since Henry VII got their title to a parliament act which made Henry VII king regardless of anything else which could apply before. I don't think he could overthrow this one, no matter how sound his papertrail is.

From another article:

And he is adamant that John Evans, the last known king of Wales, had travelled back and forth to America in the 17th century, establishing a line there and therefore his connection to the crown, But he said the “truth” had since been hidden and he believed people were working to keep it that way.

[...]

He also said that two unnamed genealogists had vetted his evidence – an inch-thick report entitled The Primogeniture Progeny in America of John Evans Snr of Tre’rgo (sic) in Anglesey, Wales, the Last Known King of Wales – and had found it to be correct.

We'll see what comes of it, but I would think not much in the end. Maybe he'll get a fancy title and even some land, but the crown of Britain? He can dream on I guess.

The last part of his announcement were he compare himself to Aragorn is quite tasteless.

And finally, I wonder if his ancestors fought for the independence or with the Tories, and in the former case, would this disqualify them for any claim to anything in Britain?

Edited by Gingitsune
  • Like 1

King Al? I doubt it.

John Evans in Wales at any time was/is extremely common. Same with John Thomas, John Jones, etc. There were thousands of them.

This belongs in the 'Bizarre, Weird, Offbeat' part of the News Forum.

On 05/03/2017 at 11:18 PM, Black Monk said:

There is no rightful King of Britain.

Except Arthur.

• Like 5

Soon to be a B-Movie on the Lifetime Channel.

• Like 1

I am sure our Queen will react to this the same as all similar claims.  Totally ignore it.  As a fairly experienced family history researcher, I am skeptical his line is accurate pre the mid 1500s.

ETA. The records will contain big fibs about paternity too.  The only sure parent is the mother and even that has likely been falsified with replacement babies at times of necessity.  I am also inclined to believe there are cases were babies were taken in by foster parents, then brought up as their own.  People claimed parentage that was not true to further their own ends and when records were not kept by the state who could argue.   All sorts of things weaken any such claim.  They even proved Richard III had illegitimacy in his line back a couple or three generations.

Edited by Susanc241
  • Like 1

There is no rightful king of Britain, only a rightful queen - Elizabeth II.

On ‎02‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 0:46 PM, Still Waters said:

AN ECCENTRIC American says he will claim the British throne because of an obscure ancestral link.

Kooky Allan V Evans put a rambling ad in The Times insisting he will launch a bid for his “royal historical estate” in just 30 days’ time.

But the Queen need not worry just yet – as he has been kind enough to wait until after she dies before assuming the throne “out of greatest and most deepest respect”.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/us-man-claiming-to-be-descendant-of-king-of-wales-vows-to-overthrow-heir-to-the-british-throne/news-story/4076b99a01067162897b15314968d452

He doesn't look very Kingly, he would need to get in shape first before he tries to convince us.

Him and Elisabeth will have to meet in mortal combat, looking at him my moneys on her, "a pie a pie my kingdom for a pie"

Edited by hetrodoxly
  • Like 1

A far more interesting news story would be the discovery of someone who is not descended from some King or Queen ......

2 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

He doesn't look very Kingly, he would need to get in shape first before he tries to convince us.

He definitely need to learn to dress for the job he is trying to get. :unsure:

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Gingitsune said:

He definitely need to learn to dress for the job he is trying to get. :unsure:

Dropping the shades would be a start.

You'd think a potential king would know that the sun is in short supply in Britain, especially the further you head north :unsure2:

Well he has one thing going for him, clearly the culmination of a thousand years of inbreeding. 

• Like 2

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 2:29 PM, rashore said:

It always kind of cracks me up when these folks pop up. Even if his bloodline is that pure... history didn't go that way buddy, deal with it. There's a bunch of people that have drops of old royal blood in them running around, and history didn't favor them either.

Exactly. If you're going to go for someone whose ancestors go back directly to the very first British king, you're probably going to end up with some random bloke in a hut somewhere in Wales or Scotland.

12 hours ago, Black Monk said:

There is no rightful king of Britain, only a rightful queen - Elizabeth II.

Technically, also not the 'rightful' monarch since there's a break in the family bloodline. But the fact that she is queen would suggest otherwise :P

10 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

"...most deepest..."

Ugh... the Rightful King's English?

12 hours ago, Setton said:

Exactly. If you're going to go for someone whose ancestors go back directly to the very first British king, you're probably going to end up with some random bloke in a hut somewhere in Wales or Scotland.

Technically, also not the 'rightful' monarch since there's a break in the family bloodline. But the fact that she is queen would suggest otherwise :P

She's the rightful monarch according to the Line of Succession.

That a western nation of Britain's stature is even having a conversation about who sits on a throne these days is the real conversation. Dissolve it already guys.