Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Celebrates International Womans Day

OverSword

10 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

And that right there is an example of toxic masculinity.

men can't be caring and inclusive, NO they're rough and sweary and crude - it's EXACTLY the same thinking that has women covering up to "protect thrm" from the wild animal that is the male of the species.

Islam has it right - forcefully cover the women to protect them from man's rapey nature. (It's empowering)

18 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

He's the 'exception' because it's not the 50s or 60s and your President is, like it or not, supposed to be a role model for young people in your country. Imagine people, both boys and girls, growing up thinking that this sort of behaviour is in any way acceptable. He, by his actions, naturally encourages abuse towards women and this will put a severe dent into women's rights for Gods know how long.

Quick question: do you think celebrities should be responsible for the way they are perceived by young people?
What about musicians?
Rappers? Do they have a social responsibility to maintain a clean image? Snoop Dog just "executed" Trump in his latest music video. What impact does that have? I bet more youngsters are influenced by rap music than Donald Trump.

You're right about one thing: we aren't living in the '60's anymore.

Regarding the OP. The title alone made me want to throw up. Its bold faced hypocrisy would be funny if not so disgusting. 

What hypocrisy? I want to hear your arguments for Trump's misogyny...I'm curious as to how closely they will mirror sensationalist headlines.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Quick question: do you think celebrities should be responsible for the way they are perceived by young people?
What about musicians?
Rappers? Do they have a social responsibility to maintain a clean image? Snoop Dog just "executed" Trump in his latest music video. What impact does that have? I bet more youngsters are influenced by rap music than Donald Trump.

You're right about one thing: we aren't living in the '60's anymore.

What hypocrisy? I want to hear your arguments for Trump's misogyny...I'm curious as to how closely they will mirror sensationalist headlines.

Yes, all of the above should be held accountable, but if you're trying to put rappers on par with POTUS then you're either being ingenious or foolish. And how does one negate the other? So because celebrities are d**** that makes it okay for the president to be one?

With regards to hypocrisy: are you ****ing kidding me? He literally said he grabs women by the genitals and that they can't do anything about it because he's famous. Yeah, tons of respect for women. Skip to 1.25 on this video:

How can anyone even begin to attempt to defend this horror show? How can you possibly think he has any respect for women? Why are you even still here?

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Sweetpumper said:

Were you b****ing about the treatment of the women Bill actually raped?

These people supported Hillary who was an enabler to a womanizing man.  

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Sweetpumper said:

Were you b****ing about the treatment of the women Bill actually raped?

Are you actually trying to deflect criticism away from Trump's actions? That's actually defending his actions! Holy crap. Didn't see that coming, though I guess I should have expected it. You do realise what you've done can be likened to someone saying 'that murderer isn't so bad, haven't you seen what Milosevic did in Europe?' Basically you've become an apologist for horrendous behaviour.

I actually didn't know of any women Bill raped, but since I hate both him and his wife with a Gods-damned passion, I would never have shied away from such a horror. Is it even true? Like I said I've not heard about this. Maybe you should start a thread.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Like I said I've not heard about this.

LMAO. Of course you haven't.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Myles said:

These people supported Hillary who was an enabler to a womanizing man.  

She sure 'stood by her man', didn't she?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sweetpumper said:

LMAO. Of course you haven't.

Sorry, you seem to be of the incorrect opinion that I'm a democrat. I'm most assuredly not.

I just Googled those allegations. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they were true, but you are aware that they are pretty much the same as past allegations directed to Trump. You're aware of that, right? I only bring this up because you promote them as though those against Bill are fact, while I'm sure that you wouldn't claim the same of those leveled against Trump. Am I right? Of course I am.

And you're forgetting that Clinton left the White House disgraced after embarrassing your country with the whole Lewinsky debacle. Tell me, what were your opinions of his actions back then? Are they the same as your opinion of Trump's? Since you're so embroiled in the Dem/Rep divide, I'm going to guess no, and I'm sure I'd be correct (if you are old enough). If you're honest with yourself you will be able to see your own double standards. As ironic as it may appear, it's actually the same double standard you just falsely attempted to throw at me. That's actually pretty funny.

Edited by ExpandMyMind

Trump didn't rape anybody or stain an intern's dress. And they're hardly 'pretty much the same as past allegations as Trump'. You hate him. We get it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Yes, all of the above should be held accountable, but if you're trying to put rappers on par with POTUS then you're either being ingenious or foolish. And how does one negate the other? So because celebrities are d**** that makes it okay for the president to be one?

The point is that we either hold public figures accountable for their (offensive,) actions and words or we don't. When we are talking about millions of people taking in the spectacle, it doesn't matter who is on the stage. I'm not putting rappers on par with the POTUS, I'm putting the social responsibility of public figures on trial. Note also that the President's bedside manner has little to do with his effectiveness as governor. It's a factor, but the not the deciding factor.

With regards to hypocrisy: are you ****ing kidding me? He literally said he grabs women by the genitals and that they can't do anything about it because he's famous. Yeah, tons of respect for women.

Ah yes, I was assuming you were going to counter with that since that's how the story was spun.

That was taken completely out of context (surprise). If you listen to the tape, he is clearly talking about groupies that "let you do whatever you want". Any major band, hell any garage band can tell you all about the power of...power. He never alluded to groping random, unwilling ladies - not once. Not even implied.

How can anyone even begin to attempt to defend this horror show?

It's not hard, just look at the evidence instead of the headlines. When the media is being disingenuous, there is a small moral obligation to set the record straight. Truth benefits everyone.

Speaking of truth, here's a nickel's worth of advice: don't ever lead with a Jon Oliver video. This is coming from a guy who references Gavin McInnes.

How can you possibly think he has any respect for women?

He seems to treat the females in his family with respect and he has yet to do anything overtly misogynist. A lot of media fluff over basically no substance.

Why are you even still here?

I'm one of the longest running members at UM, it would be shame to close this account.

• Like 2

I'm amazed. You actually tried to defend him. Even the grabbing pussies part. I feel sad for you and I really mean that genuinely. I mean if the words 'I don't even wait' don't more than imply 'without permission' to you then, well, to be honest that's quite scary to see a guy write. Couple that with your defending of celebrities with the 'power' statement and, well, I'm just glad I don't know you in real life. A joke is a joke between mechanics or whatever but you're ****ing serious here. 

Did you even watch the video? Forget the fact that Oliver uses actual facts on his show and should never be automatically dismissed, the damning part is a recording of Trump. Though I'm sure you'll no doubt try to spin that also. Sigh.

2 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Skip to 1.25 on this video:

I had to come back to argue the point in the video. Seems I missed it on the first pass.

I remember the allegation by the beauty queen contestant, it come up during the elections. If you have a lot of time and patience, you can comb through the old threads to read all the arguments but I'll help you out.

Yes, one (maybe two?) contestants said Trump burst in to the change room, started fondling women and shouting macho rhetoric. When we dug a little in to the story, we found another contestant that said not only was Trump a gentleman, she was approached by several news outlets probing for stories about Trump being a misogynist. Finally, the 10+ year "manager" (I can't remember her title,) of the beauty pageant told reporters she's had nothing but positive experiences with Mr. Trump and has never heard of him being anything but pleasant to contestants over the years.

I didn't watch the whole video you posted (busy today). Does John Oliver go cover those minor details?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I'm amazed. You actually tried to defend him. Even the grabbing pussies part. I feel sad for you and I really mean that genuinely. I mean if the words 'I don't even wait' don't more than imply 'without permission' to you then, well, to be honest that's quite scary to see a guy write.

I've gotten used to you glossing over inconvenient facts and filling in the gaps with your "white/male privilege" weirdness. I could defend his statements all day because you're being willfully ignorant about what some women want. Maybe loose women intimidate you? Either way, we're arguing over something that was recorded secretly over 15 years ago. Are you the same person you were 15 years ago? Can we judge all your actions now based on one conversation from your past that we get to choose?

Forget the fact that Oliver uses actual facts on his show and should never be automatically dismissed

Yeah, I also enjoy his unbiased interpretation of current events. He really presents both sides of the argument! :lol:

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

I had to come back to argue the point in the video. Seems I missed it on the first pass.

I remember the allegation by the beauty queen contestant, it come up during the elections. If you have a lot of time and patience, you can comb through the old threads to read all the arguments but I'll help you out.

Yes, one (maybe two?) contestants said Trump burst in to the change room, started fondling women and shouting macho rhetoric. When we dug a little in to the story, we found another contestant that said not only was Trump a gentleman, she was approached by several news outlets probing for stories about Trump being a misogynist. Finally, the 10+ year "manager" (I can't remember her title,) of the beauty pageant told reporters she's had nothing but positive experiences with Mr. Trump and has never heard of him being anything but pleasant to contestants over the years.

I didn't watch the whole video you posted (busy today). Does John Oliver go cover those minor details?

The video is Trump boasting about going into female changing rooms with naked girls and getting away with it because it's his pageant. Basically admitting to being a pervert. 'I get away with stuff like that all the time'. Has nothing to do with groping accusations, but surely gives them more credence.

4 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

The video is Trump boasting about going into female changing rooms with naked girls and getting away with it because it's his pageant. Basically admitting to being a pervert. 'I get away with stuff like that all the time'. Has nothing to do with groping accusations, but surely gives them more credence.

Please support your claim that Trump is a major sex offender.

9 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

So once again, there's no substance here. Don't feel sorry for me; I'm the informed one in this engagement.

6 minutes ago, Balefries said:

How much time you got?

6 minutes ago, Balefries said:

Well I don't know your definition of major but walking into a female changing room with naked teenagers to have a look around seems to fit the bill. Groping women also, for that matter. 

1 minute ago, Dark_Grey said:

So once again, there's no substance here. Don't feel sorry for me; I'm the informed one in this engagement.

How much time you got?

No substance . . . ? I don't even know how to respond to that. I guess it takes a substantial suspension of logic to be an apologist. Wow.

Just now, ExpandMyMind said:

Well I don't know your definition of major but walking into a female changing room with naked teenagers to have a look around seems to fit the bill. Groping women also, for that matter. 

Did he really walk into a female room with naked teenagers?

And for the grabbing a cat thing, Trump used it as a metaphor to show that SOME women would be willing to do anything in order to feel good.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Balefries said:

Did he really walk into a female room with naked teenagers?

And for the grabbing a cat thing, Trump used it as a metaphor to show that SOME women would be willing to do anything in order to feel good.

Yeah, lol, Trump's real big on metaphors. A literary genius of his age. 

And yes, it was a beauty pageant. Edit - if you mean were they underage, then I don't know. I would hope that there is an age restriction of 18 with those type of pageants.

Edited by ExpandMyMind

I read three girls, two anonymously, claimed he walked in. Eleven, in the same pageant, said they didn't see him come into the changing room.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I read three girls, two anonymously, claimed he walked in. Eleven, in the same pageant, said they didn't see him come into the changing room.

Well he admitted to doing so (though no mention of which pageant) to Howard Stern. 'I get away with that sort of stuff all the time' were pretty much his words.

Howard Stern is disgusting.

• Like 2