Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is the CIA listening?

OverSword

3 minutes ago, Abaddonire said:

It's a choice. Don't like smart phones? Buy a dumb phone. Don't like smart microwaves, fridges, cookers, ovens, TVs etc. Buy dumb ones. Can't find dumb versions? Don't connect then to the intertubes in your home.

This isn't rocket magic.

And how long will it be before not having a monitoring device in your home gets you put on a list of "suspicious " people who just want privacy? 

• Like 2

Just now, Professor Buzzkill said:

And how long will it be before not having a monitoring device in your home gets you put on a list of "suspicious " people who just want privacy? 

Never. One is free to claim lack of funds, free will, consumer choice or whatever one likes. You are suggesting that which consumer devices one installs in ones home will ultimately be a matter of legislation. That is flat out bizarre.

4 minutes ago, Abaddonire said:

Never. One is free to claim lack of funds, free will, consumer choice or whatever one likes. You are suggesting that which consumer devices one installs in ones home will ultimately be a matter of legislation. That is flat out bizarre.

You're very trusting.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Abaddonire said:

It's a choice. Don't like smart phones? Buy a dumb phone. Don't like smart microwaves, fridges, cookers, ovens, TVs etc. Buy dumb ones. Can't find dumb versions? Don't connect then to the intertubes in your home.

This isn't rocket magic.

No it's not "freedom of choice", it's just the opposite. it's being denied freedom of choice.

• Like 3

Just now, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

No it's not "freedom of choice", it's just the opposite. it's being denied freedom of choice.

Is it? I have not a single appliance that is connected, yet all of them are under one year old.

I have a battery of PC gear, but that is what they do, that is what they are for, that is what I work at for a living. I have a smart phone, but I mostly ignore it. I live alone so there is no conversation to listen to, so WTF? 

I wonder how long it will be before all houses built are smart homes?

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

I wonder how long it will be before all houses built are smart homes?

Who cares? The advantages of smart homes, to me, simply do not justify the expense. My heat is on a bog standard timer. Do I need to control it from my phone via the webernets? Nope.

21 minutes ago, Abaddonire said:

Who cares? The advantages of smart homes, to me, simply do not justify the expense. My heat is on a bog standard timer. Do I need to control it from my phone via the webernets? Nope.

I don't really, but I'll be long dead before it becomes standard. You also live alone and have no children living with you. Young couples with kids I know go crazy over this stuff. You can check to see what your kids and the babysitter are doing. Check to make sure they locked up the house or turned on the oven for example. They are even developing ways for the elderly to stay in their homes longer. Monitoring when they go in or out, if they took their meds, tracking their sleep patterns, how often they eat and what they need on their shopping list. Even how often they go to the bathroom using floor sensors.

Edited by Michelle

1 hour ago, Abaddonire said:

As far as I am aware, it is illegal to monitor people in their own homes wthout permission. Even for "key words". So it's not a matter of legislation as its occurring already without a warrant. 

That you are accepting of this and not worried about the future expansion of any such policy is bizarre 

• Like 2

Yeah, our governments think they can't get hacked either. 

• Like 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Anywho, technology to assist the elderly and young couples with children is rapidly advancing.

Emergency Response: Already commonplace, this technology provides a panic button that immediately notifies loved ones or authorities of an emergency, including a fall.

Eyesight and Hearing: Enhanced alarms on doors, doorbells, smoke detectors, and appliances are more effective at alerting someone with visual or hearing impairments about home-related incidents.

Memory: As mental sharpness fades with age, forgetfulness can lead to serious safety issues. Smart home capabilities provide reminders to turn off a coffee pot, automatically lock doors, and even provide reminders to take daily medication.

Video Monitoring: For safety and security, the inside and outside of the home can be monitored, including remote viewing for caregivers living outside of the home.

Medication Assistance: Systems can dispense specific medications and dosages at the exact time they should be taken, even providing locks on other medications that should not be taken at that time. This ability is particularly beneficial for Alzheimer’s patients.

Lively: This “smartwatch-esque” product provides immediate communications to emergency services and contacts with the touch of a button. Beyond that, Lively also provides medication reminders, step counting, and daily activity sharing.

Evermind’s sensor technology provides caregivers and those living independently the ability to monitor the usage of home appliances and medical equipment. For example, the sensors can track if powered medical equipment like respiratory devices or wound care pumps are being used. It also monitors when common household appliances are switched on and off.

Daily Routine: Created by SmartThings, the Daily Routine app helps caregivers stay connected to elderly or disabled loved ones by sending immediate alerts if they deviate from important daily routines. This includes opening their medicine cabinet at a designated time or if a caregiver hasn’t arrived for their regularly scheduled appointment.

https://mutualmobile.com/in-the-news/smart-home-technology-providing-independence-to-the-elderly-while-strengthening-family-ties

Just Ran out and Bought a spool of string, two Cans and A Igiloo Cooler ,some matches to make a fire to cook with Im All Set No C.I.A. here man !

• Like 2

Extra ... extra ... read all about it ... hot off the press ...

~

IBM invented a way to store data on a single atom

headshot.png
March 8th, 2017 at 9:02 PM

IBM Research says that modern hard drives utilize roughly 100,000 atoms to store a single bit, so shrinking things down to the size of just one atom is obviously a massive achievement. Of course, this type of research doesn’t yield consumer products right out of the gate, and it will likely be years before we see what devices, if any, can actually make use of this new, radically dense storage technology.
~

~

or ...

Magnetic hard drives go atomic

Physicists demonstrate the first single-atom magnetic storage.

08 March 2017
`

~

Now All they need to Do Is finger out how to put even a 5th grade I.Q. into Trumps Brain !