Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

world hunger

danielost

why aren't these people who are going hungry doing what they would do if there was no government.  why aren't they hunting.  instead of relying on the government for hand outs.

Hunting presupposes there are animals to kill.  Often these people are in vast areas of drought, i.e. where there is not even enough plant life to sustain animals.

The problem of world hunger is a political one.   Poverty is the principal cause of hunger. The causes of poverty include poor people's lack of resources, an extremely unequal income distribution in the world and within specific countries, conflict, and hunger itself.

• Like 2

A better question is why are you, as a Christian, not concerned enough about world hunger to find out there isn't anything to hunt? And why have you bought into the whole "sucking on the government teat" argument? That doesn't sound like what Jesus would do. 

• Like 6

Hunt what, each other?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, danielost said:

why aren't these people who are going hungry doing what they would do if there was no government.  why aren't they hunting.  instead of relying on the government for hand outs.

So basically what you are saying is that it is their own fault that they are starving ?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

So basically what you are saying is that it is their own fault that they are starving ?

yes,  it isn't my fualt.

Edited by danielost

Just now, danielost said:

yes

The sad thing here is that I'm not really surprised that you think that. 

On a related note, maybe you should take some time to read the holy book that you hold in such a high regard, it might have a few surprises for you on this very matter. :innocent:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

A better question is why are you, as a Christian, not concerned enough about world hunger to find out there isn't anything to hunt? And why have you bought into the whole "sucking on the government teat" argument? That doesn't sound like what Jesus would do. 

your correct jesus wouldn't rely on the government.  as a christian i would donate money to buy the food that gets thrown away to feed them.  i have 5 dollars a month i can spend.

23 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

4 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

The sad thing here is that I'm not really surprised that you think that. 

On a related note, maybe you should take some time to read the holy book that you hold in such a high regard, it might have a few surprises for you on this very matter. :innocent:

you read the book.  when they helped others eat.  the israelites left food in the field. the homeless, widows and orphans would have to go out in the field to harvest it themselves.  but they couldn't use any containers to do so.  the only beggars were the ones who couldn't do that like the blind.  but our beggars make more than a can driver does.

2 hours ago, sees said:

Hunting presupposes there are animals to kill.  Often these people are in vast areas of drought, i.e. where there is not even enough plant life to sustain animals.

The problem of world hunger is a political one.   Poverty is the principal cause of hunger. The causes of poverty include poor people's lack of resources, an extremely unequal income distribution in the world and within specific countries, conflict, and hunger itself.

if the un was effective, there would be no hunger.  

29 minutes ago, danielost said:

yes,  it isn't my fualt.

...and it isn't their fault that they are borne into poverty. 

I am truly astonished and surprised by your lack of understanding and compassion, considering that you purport to be a Christian.  1656269883.gif

Edited by sees
  • Like 4

Africa is going to run out of fresh water soon. There is alot more going on in starving countries. War torn, corrupt goverments. 

Like I'm really kind of suprised by you post 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, sees said:

...and it isn't their fault that they are borne into poverty. 

I am truly astonished and surprised by your lack of understanding and compassion, considering that you purport to be a Christian.  1656269883.gif

who you going to blame them or god.  god has provided enough food to feedc the world.

19 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Africa is going to run out of fresh water soon. There is alot more going on in starving countries. War torn, corrupt goverments. 

we have a new tool to provide them with water.

http://www.treehugger.com/clean-technology/waterseer-can-produce-11-gallons-day-clean-drinking-water-air.html  no power needed.

11 minutes ago, danielost said:

who you going to blame them or god.  god has provided enough food to feedc the world.

You seem not to understand what it means to be borne into poverty.  Really, I find your lack of understanding here staggering!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

You probably haven't seen too many of danielosts previous posts then. 

Just when you think that he can't get more weird.....

• Like 1

Today, when the news announced an unprecedented world hunger crisis - involving 20 million in 4 countries.....the line came to me in the song "Nothing Rhymed" by Gilbert O'Sullivan

"when I'm drinking my Bonaparte shandy, eating more than enough apple pies, will I glance at my screen and see real human beings starve to death right in front of my eyes..."

1656269883.gif

7 hours ago, danielost said:

why aren't these people who are going hungry doing what they would do if there was no government.  why aren't they hunting.  instead of relying on the government for hand outs

Do you feel this only for people starving  or do others who use government assistance (welfare, disability, medicaid etc) get your condemnation as well? 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

Do you feel this only for people starving  or do others who use government assistance (welfare, disability, medicaid etc) get your condemnation as well? 

only those who can help themselves.  people in my position who can't help themselves are different.  this would include all the drug users that obama and other governments have helped make.

8 hours ago, sees said:

Often these people are in vast areas of drought, i.e. where there is not even enough plant life to sustain animals.

People can't imagine.  I imagine if society allowed or it wasn't looked on as bad, instead of starving to death, they'd start, eh enough on that.  Sees is right, its beyond comprehension, imagine where the water is poison.  Imagine insects CHIGGERS, so bad you can't sleep, no medicine no hospital, dangerous to even travel night or day. 

I knew a Sister Martin/Martina/Marta was what the family called her, and some years Later, another Colonel's Lady to Wife that took or saved kids from bugs eating down through their skulls.  Deformed a bit in adult life but now those same tiny kids now run their own architecture companies or work at the finest Medical facilities in the world.

Edited by MWoo7
oops!:D NOt iiiimagine but , imagine
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, danielost said:

only those who can help themselves.  people in my position who can't help themselves are different.  this would include all the drug users that obama and other governments have helped make.

And that is what is called hypocrisy   

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

And that is what is called hypocrisy   

i am not a hyprocrit.  my stance is the same as always.  just because i find myself reliant on the government, doesn't change my stance.  those who need it should get it.  those who should be able to help them selves should.  further i am looking for a job.  but, i need to make 2500 a month.  or i can't get off of medicaid or end upon the streets in a wheel chair.  you got such a job or know of one let me know.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, danielost said:

but, i need to make 2500 a month.  or i can't get off of medicaid or end upon the streets in a wheel chair.  you got such a job or know of one let me know.

I know what you mean Daniel, there's lots of cool movies out there ..... but then there's the real world.  For some, no I wouldn't want to be in there shoes, other's well it might be their fault a bit for messing up that $40 dollar an hour and 4 months vacation pay a year government job but they know deep down they themselves screwed up.  Others at church that are helped(food wise) well we're not sure how they got there, seen a documentary and one soup kitchen guy was a Governor of a state at one time.  Oh I'm probably rambling okay that's about it for me TAH-TAH !

53 minutes ago, danielost said:

i am not a hyprocrit.  my stance is the same as always.  just because i find myself reliant on the government, doesn't change my stance.  those who need it should get it.  those who should be able to help them selves should.  further i am looking for a job.  but, i need to make 2500 a month.  or i can't get off of medicaid or end upon the streets in a wheel chair.  you got such a job or know of one let me know.

I guess you are gonna have to learn how to hunt from a wheelchair then. Afterall it is your own fault if you can't get a job.*

*) Just applying your own brand of thinking here.

• Like 2