Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Assad calls US troops "Invaders"

Gromdor

"Any foreign troops coming to Syria without our invitation or consultation or permission, they are invaders, whether they are American, Turkish, or any other one," Assad said.

Seems like the sovereign country doesn't want our help.  http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/11/middleeast/syria-conflict-isis-us-military/index.html

"And we don't think this is going to help. What are they going to do? To fight ISIS? The Americans lost nearly every war. They lost in Iraq, they had to withdraw at the end. Even in Somalia, let alone Vietnam in the past and Afghanistan, your neighboring country. They didn't succeed anywhere they sent troops, they only create a mess; they are very good in creating problems and destroying, but they are very bad in finding solutions."

Ouch.

The ten month plan to eliminate ISIS involves sending US troops in the form of artillery units to support local fighters to eliminate ISIS.  But who are we supporting?  It certainly won't be Assad, the Russians, or the Iranians.  Will it be the Kurds and the "Moderate" rebels? (Which have been labeled terrorists in themselves by Turkey, Russia and Syria) 

If we send troops in without the country's permission, wouldn't that be an act of war? 

• Like 2

Wow!  That is quite the statement.  It is their country.  ISIS does need to be wiped of the face of the world, but there have been a lot of civilian casualties.   

• Like 2

13 hours ago, glorybebe said:

Wow!  That is quite the statement.  It is their country.  ISIS does need to be wiped of the face of the world, but there have been a lot of civilian casualties.   

Precisely so.  They sort of lost the right to become indignant after nearly a half-million of their own were slaughtered in a cross-fire.  The generals seem to think ISIS can be broken and eradicated in pretty short-order with the right kind of pressure.  Remember, Obama wasn't actually TRYING to end the war.  I suspect that neither Russia nor Syria will be happy to start up with US forces in the region.  It would be foolish in the extreme to attack our troops or aircraft while we are genuinely trying to eliminate an enemy of everyone in the civilized world - except for Turkey and S.A., I guess.  The U.S. has no desire to occupy Syria nor to cause a problem for Vlad.  They COULD attack our aircraft or SOG forces but it would be an extremely arrogant, stupid thing to attempt.  We'd no doubt sustain some losses in the short term but Russian forces would be decimated in short-order and Assad's would just be left with no infrastructure in support of their war effort.  Having said that, I'm not sure what our presence will accomplish that won't be achieved by the Putin/Assad alliance.  I say let them finish what they started and let the hatred they stirred be reserved for THEM to deal with.

Oh, really?

Don't want no help don't get no help!

Buh bye :lol:, have fun trying to deal the Russians and the Chinese. I think that in 20-30 years those guys in the Muddle East will have plenty of reasons to look back on the "American years" with nostalgia. 

I could almost feel sorry for them.... nah!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

Oh, really?

Don't want no help don't get no help!

Buh bye :lol:, have fun trying to deal the Russians and the Chinese. I think that in 20-30 years those guys in the Muddle East will have plenty of reasons to look back on the "American years" with nostalgia. 

I could almost feel sorry for them.... nah!

Um its what it started by installing American backed puppets

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mr.United_Nations said:

Um its what it started by installing American backed puppets

Are you saying that because you want us to stay involved, maybe forever?

Sorry, no matter what we try, its always gone to crap; in Iraq we used influence and intervened. The result;  disaster.

In Libya we tried to influence things, but did not intervene. The result ; disaster.

In Syria, we did neither, the result; disaster.

And in every case, we are blamed for everything.

What kind of a sucker would someone have to be to put up with that?

• Like 1

Assad has every reason to be skeptical about US troops deployment in Syria, even under Trump. The U.S. has been working since the beginning to overthrow the Syrian governement by supporting various rebel groups. This policy likely won't change overnight.

Edited by TruthSeeker_
  • Like 2

Any foreign troops coming to Syria without our invitation or consultation or permission, they are invaders, whether they are American, Turkish, or any other one

And this is discussed as if it's somehow controversial.   It's the definition of invaders/invasion.

• Like 2

That's a whole freaken  mess over there and how its going ever to be straighten out will be a wonder:(

2 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Vlad and Bashar will make a deal eventually.  Russia will have a puppet and a major presence in the M.E.  Eventually, the temptation for an adventure will be too great for Putin and he will pull together a lot of allies to relieve Israel of her wealth and her existence.  A book of fairy stories tells me this and I believe it.  If I live to see it, it will be fascinating to see the contortions that non-believers go through to explain it away.  BTW, it ends REALLY badly for Russia, Iran, Turkey, Libya, Sudan and others.  In fact, it might be the end of Islam, period.  A Jewish prophet wrote about these people groups, what they would attempt and why, what would happen to them and Israel and the only tie between these peoples today is that they all virulently hate the Jews and all are Islamic except for Russia.  

Sadly all the Russians and Syrians need to do is stay out of the way,  No need to confront us.  Isis can play bob and weave through the populace.  Eventually an American artillery shell will land in the wrong place and kill Syrian civilians, or allies.  Russia will have a propaganda goldmine and we will be holding the bag again.  Trump may have been right about us not being able to win.  So much more the pity if he steps  into it now.

2 minutes ago, and then said:

A book of fairy stories tells me this and I believe it.

fairy stories are good for the soul, but not always a reliable predictor of the future.  Putin may be way too smart for that, he needs Israel as a foil or his clients won't need him around.  We tend to believe that the times we are living in must be bad enough to be the end times. It may not be the case yet.

II'm not a date setter, never have been or will be.  I just look at the predictions and see an emerging pattern of events that are coming together in ways that make it easy to see that things COULD be about to happen.  God is sovereign and will do His will in His timing.  That said, we were told to watch for the signs of the end and to be prepared.  Russia will be allied with Persia and Turkey in this coming war against Israel.  I'm no historian but I cannot remember the three of those nations ever being aligned.  Now they very nearly are.  Russia and Iran for sure, Turkey and Russia are working toward it.  The only way a majority Sunni and majority Shia state would coalesce around a military venture would involve attempting to destroy an enemy hated by BOTH.  IOW's it fits.  

On 3/12/2017 at 1:11 AM, and then said:

The generals seem to think ISIS can be broken and eradicated in pretty short-order with the right kind of pressure

Link? I don't doubt you just wanna find out more for myself like how long have they been saying this and what's their definition of 'short order.'

Also I don't think getting rid of ISIS is the end all of Islamic terrorism or whatever. 

Here are a couple of opinions.  I agree that there are no guarantees of defeating all "Islamic terrorism" because to do so would mean ending Islam.  I think we should continue surveillance on all of these factions and kill their leaders when possible.  When they gather forces for any reason, kill as many as possible.  Let ANY host nation's CIVILIANS (not government only) know that if they support and provide assistance to these groups, THEY will be in the cross hairs as well someday soon.  The idea that we can do nothing to stop them is erroneous.  This movie played out before, remember?  This wave of brutality swept the world and was finally defeated in Europe in about 732.  It was defeated by using the same kind of brutality that it fought.  I'd say the West moved on to accomplish a few things of positive note since then so the argument that we "become" what we fight is spurious at best.  One sure thing is that if we don't fight it, it WILL rule over this planet for awhile.  

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/12/25/top-u-s-general-two-more-years-to-beat-isis.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/22/world/middleeast/us-troops-syria-isis-votel.html

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 10:42 PM, and then said:

Vlad and Bashar will make a deal eventually.  Russia will have a puppet and a major presence in the M.E.  Eventually, the temptation for an adventure will be too great for Putin and he will pull together a lot of allies to relieve Israel of her wealth and her existence.  A book of fairy stories tells me this and I believe it.  If I live to see it, it will be fascinating to see the contortions that non-believers go through to explain it away.  BTW, it ends REALLY badly for Russia, Iran, Turkey, Libya, Sudan and others.  In fact, it might be the end of Islam, period.  A Jewish prophet wrote about these people groups, what they would attempt and why, what would happen to them and Israel and the only tie between these peoples today is that they all virulently hate the Jews and all are Islamic except for Russia.  

I think the Russians will go along with Asad to protect their borders, but when the Islamic terrorism becomes to great in their country, they will finally  come around .

On 3/20/2017 at 6:00 PM, docyabut2 said:

I think the Russians will go along with Asad to protect their borders, but when the Islamic terrorism becomes to great in their country, they will finally  come around .

I happen to believe that Russia fits the description of the entity called "GOG of the land of MAGOG".  Unless that is incorrect, Russia will be a very big end-time player along with Turkey, Persia(iran), Libya, Sudan and other Islamic states around the Mediterranean.  War on Israel is coming very soon to the M.E. region.  NOT the war I just described.  Another, smaller conflict.  This is what I believe.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2017 at 10:42 PM, and then said:

The ancient empires broke in a way that people need to understand.  This video is so helpful.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

The ancient empires broke in a way that people need to understand.  This video is so helpful.

You do know that ISIS thinks they are fighting the Anti-Christ (Great Satan) in the end times right now too, right?  http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/03/08/evangelicals-isis-feel-fine-about-the-end-of-the-world.html

They actually think that Issus (Jesus) will come and fight along side them.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2017 at 2:35 AM, AnchorSteam said:

In Syria, we did neither, the result; disaster.

Certainly supplying weapons and providing training to anti Assad groups doesn't count as nothing :whistle:

24 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

You do know that ISIS thinks they are fighting the Anti-Christ (Great Satan) in the end times right now too, right?  http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/03/08/evangelicals-isis-feel-fine-about-the-end-of-the-world.html

They actually think that Issus (Jesus) will come and fight along side them.

You didn't look at the video , did you? those who have eyes to see &  ears to hear will know this say's  Avi Lipkin's wife.

7 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

You didn't look at the video , did you? those who have eyes to see &  ears to hear will know this say's  Avi Lipkin's wife.

I did look at the video.  It's an "end times" take.  That's why I linked my link.  When you have the fanatics of two major religions thinking that it is the "end times" and the other is the enemy, then more than likely or not they are going to make it happen.

3 hours ago, jeem said:

Certainly supplying weapons and providing training to anti Assad groups doesn't count as nothing :whistle:

Yes, that's pretty much what it amounted to. 

"Groups"? I heard it was about 5 guys at their low point, who lost everything Obama gave them to A.Q. right away.

Given the scale of things, that is about as close to nothing as it gets.

• Like 1

Effectively, they are invaders if they go into Syria without authorisation by the elected Govt.  The UN has only adopted resolutions to allow humanitarian workers in and for investigators to identify the perpetrators of chemical weapons. All the rest are uninvited guests.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

• Like 1

On 3/11/2017 at 0:49 PM, Gromdor said:

"Any foreign troops coming to Syria without our invitation or consultation or permission, they are invaders, whether they are American, Turkish, or any other one," Assad said.

Seems like the sovereign country doesn't want our help.  http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/11/middleeast/syria-conflict-isis-us-military/index.html

"And we don't think this is going to help. What are they going to do? To fight ISIS? The Americans lost nearly every war. They lost in Iraq, they had to withdraw at the end. Even in Somalia, let alone Vietnam in the past and Afghanistan, your neighboring country. They didn't succeed anywhere they sent troops, they only create a mess; they are very good in creating problems and destroying, but they are very bad in finding solutions."

Ouch.

The ten month plan to eliminate ISIS involves sending US troops in the form of artillery units to support local fighters to eliminate ISIS.  But who are we supporting?  It certainly won't be Assad, the Russians, or the Iranians.  Will it be the Kurds and the "Moderate" rebels? (Which have been labeled terrorists in themselves by Turkey, Russia and Syria) 

If we send troops in without the country's permission, wouldn't that be an act of war? 

It absolutely is an act of war. Hell we already have several hundred troops on the ground in Syria that we admit to. We are invaders in a foreign nation. 

This "good luck with ISIS" nonsense is insane, if we werent in the way Assad and his invited guests could handle ISIS all on their own just fine.