Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How many people have gone threw the paranorma

Paranormal Gal

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and comment with what you been threw or going threw.

As for me i have been dealing with it since i was 12 years old. I only had one good experience and that is when i was 12 a ghost helped protect me from my dad. He was abusive and we lived in a old farm house were there we NO LOCKS on the door he got in his mood and list it.I remember i ran to my room closed my door leaned up against it. Felt the door moving my friend was outside my window told me to run climb out. I was afraid to move he would get in. I ran for it the door didn't budge then ONLY after i got out the window the door opened my dad was shocked. The librarian heard my friend and i talking about said she used to live there long time ago. She said it was her sisters spirit. She said see our father was a drunk he killed my sister in the front bedroom off the kitchen.My friend turned pale white she said what's wrong he said that's her bedroom. After that it didn't stop but the paranormal was not like the first one. They were darker been scratched in 3 to mock the holy trinity bruised felt like my leg was on fire. Also been pushed heard my name. Things thrown passed me at me. My family didn't believe me till they started to hear there names. I have smelled sulfur rotten eggs. Seen shadow people darkness darker then the night. Had blankets pulled off me i was awake. I was told i am a sensitive. I can feel them sometimes hear them. The odors they put out. Sometimes flowers. Cigar smell then the bad ones and the rotten egg smell sulfur and ONLY ONE TIME I smelled rotten corpse. I know i am not alone but sometimes feel like it.

People look at you like you are crazy and that it ok. I have NEVER talked down to anyone who don't believe because if it never happend  to you, you don't understand and that is alright. But i have learned in 32 years how to deal with it and learned THAT DEMONS make themselves look like children to get your TRUST!.

Thank you for reading and sharing your experience.

• Like 4

I had a few things happen to me that was paranomal, very strange u dont like telling people cause they will think ur nuts 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, coolguy said:

I had a few things happen to me that was paranomal, very strange u dont like telling people cause they will think ur nuts 

Coolguy i understand been there done that. As long as one person understands it help :)

• Like 1

32yrsofperanormal, we've all had experiences that some would deem 'paranormal' but there's usually always a practical explanation for it.

The various scents you've been noticing, for example, could be very well be phantosmia (phantom smell), also called an olfactory hallucination; the shadow people could be entoptic phenomenon; and the 'spirits' or whatever it is you are 'feeling' could very well be attributed to the sensed presence effect.

It's not a matter of being crazy, but it's a matter of knowing and understanding how vulnerable we are as humans. It is important that you consult a doctor and describe everything that is happening to you. Do not get so wrapped up in the paranormal that you lose sight of your health and well-being. Take care of yourself.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Claire. said:

32yrsofperanormal, we've all had experiences that some would deem 'paranormal' but there's usually always a practical explanation for it.

The various scents you've been noticing, for example, could be very well be phantosmia (phantom smell), also called an olfactory hallucination; the shadow people could be entoptic phenomenon; and the 'spirits' or whatever it is you are 'feeling' could very well be attributed to the sensed presence effect.

It's not a matter of being crazy, but it's a matter of knowing and understanding how vulnerable we are as humans. It is important that you consult a doctor and describe everything that is happening to you. Do not get so wrapped up in the paranormal that you lose sight of your health and well-being. Take care of yourself.

Claire you are right all my years of dealing with this i have i bless every place i am in and i blessed my neighbors place also. When that retired demonologist. Helped me understand more thats why i. On here to help as much as i can but sometimes you need more help. 

Thank you for your post :)

• Like 2

I wish i could stop the fear so i could understand my daughter is alot like me and we have had alot of experience in our life like when i was small around 6/7 I had my first spirit and I think it was an relative watching over me when i went to my mom he just said that God makes everyone different and we are different from others to but we don't talk to anyone or tell anyone now my daughter is asking me and i told her thatnot to worrie we will work on it

Terria the best thing you can do is believe her as you gone threw it. My daughter also has the gift of sensing them like me. People who don't understand or don't believe in this will also make fun put down. But like i tell people it is real and if you believe in them it is ok they believe in you. Just like with demons people don't believe in them don't think they are real till they decide to show them. Your doing a good job being there for your daughter.

• Like 1

Thank you so much. I have to been attacked by a demon it was an apartment i lived in my son was small and herd scratching I hadn't had an close incounter with evil until then. It felt as if it takes all your hope like there is no help no love nothing but despair I have never senced anything like it sence either i had to have prayer and cleansing done i never want to feel it again but it lasted over 6/9 months trying to protect your children I went through alot my prayers are with you 

• Like 1

Thank you demons that is what they do tear families apart make you feel worthless ect... I will also pray for you and you family. The best way to keep your mind clear and have strength. There is NOTHING MORE POWERFUL then your FAITH.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 32yrsofperanormal said:

Thank you demons that is what they do tear families apart make you feel worthless ect... I will also pray for you and you family. The best way to keep your mind clear and have strength. There is NOTHING MORE POWERFUL then your FAITH.

Faith does not necessarily equal power. In many cases it weakens, as it serves no purpose other than to separate a person from reality. Indeed, one could easily argue that power comes from unshackling oneself from religious, supernatural and paranormal beliefs — and that the best way to keep our minds 'clear' is through rational thought.

Demons do not exist. They do not tear families apart, they do not scratch, nor do they make people feel worthless. Believe in them if you wish to, but do not credit them with all that ails the world. Furthermore, understand that many people are mentally and/or physically ill, exhausted, stressed, and in other mental/physical states of being that are conducive to hallucinations and other experiences that appear paranormal in nature. In addition, they might be exposed to various hazards in their living or work environments that can also cause seemingly 'otherworldly' experiences.

It would be extremely irresponsible, therefore, to push paranormal explanations when in fact, the person may require urgent medical attention. It is equally irresponsible to make a medical diagnosis, as well. It's one thing to discuss and analyze various experiences, another to profess absolute knowledge of what indeed is going on.

18 minutes ago, Claire. said:

Faith does not necessarily equal power. In many cases it weakens, as it serves no purpose other than to separate a person from reality. Indeed, one could easily argue that power comes from unshackling oneself from religious, supernatural and paranormal beliefs — and that the best way to keep our minds 'clear' is through rational thought.

Demons do not exist. They do not tear families apart, they do not scratch, nor do they make people feel worthless. Believe in them if you wish to, but do not credit them with all that ails the world. Furthermore, understand that many people are mentally and/or physically ill, exhausted, stressed, and in other mental/physical states of being that are conducive to hallucinations and other experiences that appear paranormal in nature. In addition, they might be exposed to various hazards in their living or work environments that can also cause seemingly 'otherworldly' experiences.

It would be extremely irresponsible, therefore, to push paranormal explanations when in fact, the person may require urgent medical attention. It is equally irresponsible to make a medical diagnosis, as well. It's one thing to discuss and analyze various experiences, another to profess absolute knowledge of what indeed is going on.

Thank you for your input. Again we all have out own thought's on this kind of topic. No one is right no one is wrong.

4 hours ago, Paranormal Gal said:

Thank you for your input. Again we all have out own thought's on this kind of topic. No one is right no one is wrong.

I respectfully disagree.

Being diagnosed with a mental illness is not always the best thing for mild cases. People are given mind altering drugs and if the first one doesn't work they give you another and another and another. Normally those drugs come with a possibility of depression and or thoughts of suicide. Why?? If it's truly that bad family members or coworkers would say something they don't need diagnosis by you or anyone on the internet.

Edited by Just_Seeking

Doctors always wanna go to drugs because they don't understand that there is a possibility the unknown is real. The problem is with doctors is you can't see it it is not real.If it never happened to them it is not real. It is hard for the medical field to understand anything that is not wrote in a book. It is ok to disagree with someone but ti say it is a mental problem when they never showed any signs of a mental illness. But to each there own.

23 minutes ago, Paranormal Gal said:

Doctors always wanna go to drugs because they don't understand that there is a possibility the unknown is real. The problem is with doctors is you can't see it it is not real.If it never happened to them it is not real. It is hard for the medical field to understand anything that is not wrote in a book. It is ok to disagree with someone but ti say it is a mental problem when they never showed any signs of a mental illness. But to each there own.

Hogwash.

What doctors understand is that there is always a psychological, physiological or environmental explanation behind pretty much all seemingly paranormal experiences. They understand this not just from countless studies, but from experience as well.

It's one thing to chit chat about paranormal experiences, another to attach a reality to them that simply does not exist. Furthermore, it is completely and utterly irresponsible to offer a paranormal explanation (and solution) to a person in distress.

It is a well known fact that certain mental and/or physical conditions make individuals more vulnerable to out of the ordinary experiences; it is a well known fact that anomalous experiences are more often than not just a simple trick of the mind; and, it's a well known fact that certain environmental conditions cause hallucinations and other weird sensations. Not all experiences are the result of mental illness, nor do they always require medication. Doctors are not so daft as to not be aware of this.

So let's say, for example, that a person is experiencing hallucinations due to a carbon monoxide leak in their home. Unaware of the leak, they attribute what they are seeing to a haunting. How should they be counseled? Should they be told that yes, their home is indeed haunted because ghosts and demons really do exist? Or should they be told to seek medical counsel? Which option do you think is the more rational and beneficial one?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Claire. said:

Hogwash.

What doctors understand is that there is always a psychological, physiological or environmental explanation behind pretty much all seemingly paranormal experiences. They understand this not just from countless studies, but from experience as well.

It's one thing to chit chat about paranormal experiences, another to attach a reality to them that simply does not exist. Furthermore, it is completely and utterly irresponsible to offer a paranormal explanation (and solution) to a person in distress.

It is a well known fact that certain mental and/or physical conditions make individuals more vulnerable to out of the ordinary experiences; it is a well known fact that anomalous experiences are more often than not just a simple trick of the mind; and, it's a well known fact that certain environmental conditions cause hallucinations and other weird sensations. Not all experiences are the result of mental illness, nor do they always require medication. Doctors are not so daft as to not be aware of this.

So let's say, for example, that a person is experiencing hallucinations due to a carbon monoxide leak in their home. Unaware of the leak, they attribute what they are seeing to a haunting. How should they be counseled? Should they be told that yes, their home is indeed haunted because ghosts and demons really do exist? Or should they be told to seek medical counsel? Which option do you think is the more rational and beneficial one?

And in that fact your right about carbon monoxide. I also am not saying everything is paranormal i know alot can be debunked.I myself have debunked things i thought could be paranormal. And maybe i might if gone off in left field about doctors.But when someone is tested and proven not to have some kind if mental disorder then how can you explain it? I am open to many things that we cant see or explain. But don't get me wrong i know there are alot of things that can cause what some people think is paranormal. Like you said carbon monoxide high levels of e.m.p's. So i understand were your coming from in that part. If you can explain or debunk that is wonderful! Always try to figure it out. But when you can't. You can't that is why it is called the unexplained.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Paranormal Gal said:

And in that fact your right about carbon monoxide. I also am not saying everything is paranormal i know alot can be debunked.I myself have debunked things i thought could be paranormal. And maybe i might if gone off in left field about doctors.But when someone is tested and proven not to have some kind if mental disorder then how can you explain it? I am open to many things that we cant see or explain. But don't get me wrong i know there are alot of things that can cause what some people think is paranormal. Like you said carbon monoxide high levels of e.m.p's. So i understand were your coming from in that part. If you can explain or debunk that is wonderful! Always try to figure it out. But when you can't. You can't that is why it is called the unexplained.

There are several different kinds of hallucinations, but generally speaking, individuals can experience hallucinations as a result of any of the following conditions:

• Schizophrenia
  • Epilepsy
  • Parkinson's disease
  • Brain tumors
  • Cryptococcal Meningitis
  • Mad Cow Disease
  • Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia
  • Migraines
  • Charles Bonnet syndrome
  • Narcolepsy
  • Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar)
  • Hyponatremia (low blood sodium)
  • Substance abuse
  • Certain medication side-effects
  • Social isolation
  • Extreme stress, fatigue, lack of sleep
  • Carbon monoxide poisoning, mold

That's not a complete list by any means, but illustrates how hallucinations are not always a sign of mental illness. As you can see, most of the conditions are quite serious, which is why people should always see their doctor, rather than rely on a bunch of no-nothings on the internet.

Here's a good article on why we hallucinate.

• Like 1

Oh and your right about all of them. I am mainly talking about people who get a clean bill of heath you know them. Run test no mental illness- none from your list blood work fine no nothing.But i will say you do bring up good points give you that but i still believe in the paranormal.

I've had a ghost/demon encounter and its actually terrifying once your in the situation, so just be careful.

• Like 1

I have thrown a ghost or two in my days.

Oh you ment through. :) I have had some paranormal experiences, that I have talked about on this site. 

• Like 1

Crazy stuff sometimes happens, but I know how to keep it under control now.