Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Draft letter

bubblykiss

Draft version, working on verbage, 1/9 away to being awake, 12 hour night at work, a dear friend is threatened by the loss of her animal family members by the city, revisions to come.

LeeAnn Romans is one of the kindest and most deeply empathetic people that I have ever had the pleasure of sharing a slice of life with. 

I have had the great pleasure of sharing a great friendship with LeeAnn since 1992 onto the present day.

Throughout the many years I have seen her grow from a young woman into a fully developed and profoundly beautiful adult whose only fault is the depth of her heart, the richness of her love for all living things, her desire to care for animals who have been abused and abandoned by lesser people (those who don't have the patience or love in their souls to work with broken or damaged animals).

All throughout this soul crushing ordeal she has been constantly tormented by the hideous thought of having her precious animal friends murdered by a distant, detached government body. Any outward appearance of cool detachment is little more than a mask she has been trained to wear by years of schooling in the art of medicine (wherein she is often compelled to give people the horrific news about the cost of healing and caring for the animal friends that they abandon as soon as the cost becomes too great for them to endure to maintain a quality of life that all living things deserve, a life free of pain and misery).

Over the years I have witnessed her embark on missions of love, care and toil mixed with all-nighters administering medicine to animal friends whose lives were near ending, struggling all through the dark hours to keep the heart of an abandoned dog beating only so she could invite it to share the ocean's deep splendor of heart's pure and boundless love.

Ending the lives of some animals might seem easy to those detached and disinterested by the results of their actions. But in this care you are not killing a beast, you are terminating the joy of love, the wealth of care, the warmth of her heart's limitless ability to invite broken and otherwise unloved dogs into her home making them cherished members of her family.

This is not a simple case of killing some beasts that are a nuisance onto our society. No, this is a matter of slaughtering LeeAnn's joy and love for friends that she embraces deeply, that she views as precious friends and cherished kinsmen, parts not only of her family, but also as parts of her heart.

We are Americans. We are not a cruel, evil people that burn cities during wars and set widows and orphans out to march barefoot through the cruel tyranny of the snowy fields rich only in misery. No we are Americans. We rebuild shattered cities, societies and lives after the cruel hand of war shatters them. LeeAnn is the perfect model of all that is good about us a people. Her only crime is not wanting to give up on lives that the rest of us don't want to take the time to care for or about. Let her have the joy of love's embrace sharing the warmth of her animal buddies for all the days that God deems that they have to enjoy, together and never alone and parted by distant fortune.

I have been Danial Edwards.

• Like 3

not awake, still need to work on the spelling errors and enrich the text with more empathy rich verbiage.

time to burn the midnight coffee and drink the candle from both ends.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bubblykiss said:

not awake, still need to work on the spelling errors and enrich the text with more empathy rich verbiage.

time to burn the midnight coffee and drink the candle from both ends.

There are certain charity organizations, e.g. those that offer incentives to vaccinate, neuter/spay ...&c., that might help along with sympathetic neighbors.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, aka CAT said:

There are certain charity organizations, e.g. those that offer incentives to vaccinate, neuter/spay ...&c., that might help along with sympathetic neighbors.

I feel this letter of support is time sensitive. Not enough time to 'rally the troops' that haven't already been raised.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Likely Guy said:

I feel this letter of support is time sensitive. Not enough time to 'rally the troops' that haven't already been raised.

I, too, got that impression.  Still, not knowing to whom the letter is addressed, it is possible that the tactic might let Ms. Romans somehow stall while gaining the popular support to appeal to someone with greater authority.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aka CAT said:

I, too, got that impression.  Still, not knowing to whom the letter is addressed, it is possible that the tactic might let Ms. Romans somehow stall while gaining the popular support to appeal to someone with greater authority.

The court of popular public opinion.

• Like 1

Pardon my not posting exactly what I had hoped to write, as I was interrupted.

I view most things negotiable.  Even in the case of restrictions, there is often room 

to make concessions so long as one can be 'brought into compliance' by some

agreed upon means and date.  How willing another party is to extend leniency

over some grace period often depends upon how much time and trouble 

might, otherwise, be involved in forcing compliance.  That's where popular

opinion matters, insofar as few people want to unnecessarily be perceived as 

hard-nosed.

Edited by aka CAT