Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's the next stage of evolution for humans

Just_Seeking

Just been reading opinions about what comes after homosapien. Would like to read UM members detailed thoughts no matter how comical or scientific they maybe.

• Like 3

Not really evolutionary but HSS being modified by gene therapy before birth to be smarter, more resistant to disease, etc and tied in with more technology, leading at some point many generations from now to a type of cyborg reality with an augmented mental and physical capabilities.

• Like 3

Oh !    You Pretty Things . 

Wake up you sleepy head

Put on some clothes, shake up your bed

Put another log on the fire for me

I've made some breakfast and coffee

Look out my window and what do I see

A crack in the sky and a hand reaching down to me

All the nightmares came today

And it looks as though they're here to stay

What are we coming to

No room for me, no fun for you

I think about a world to come

Where the books were found by the Golden ones

Written in pain, written in awe

By a puzzled man who questioned

What we were here for

All the strangers came today

Oh you Pretty Things

Don't you know you're driving your

Mamas and Papas insane

Oh you Pretty Things

Mamas and Papas insane

Let me make it plain

You gotta make way for the Homo Superior

Look out at your children

See their faces in golden rays

Don't kid yourself they belong to you

They're the start of a coming race

The earth is a b****

We've finished our news

Homo Sapiens have outgrown their use

All the strangers came today

Oh you Pretty Things

Mamas and Papas insane

Oh you Pretty Things

Mamas and Papas insane

Let me make it plain

You gotta make way for the Homo Superior

[ Bowie ]

OR

Nothing . We have short circuited evolution mostly  , maybe a few minor changes within H S S , like atrophication ( limbs and brain, etc .

There has been an evolution in 'intelligence' though.   A. I.  bypassed human capacity years back ! 

Some hope for some type of  ' Homo Superior '  ..... ummmmm , folks ....  watch the news tonight, that will give you an idea where we heading . 

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 4

Extinction.  Someday evolved cockroaches will send probes into space and puzzle their little antennas over human ruins and remains.  If there are any left.  Humanity will be a forgotten species and the universe will carry on as usual.  We're nothing special.  

• Like 4

We appear to be deciding our own evolution, with medical science, gene therapy, etc.

In the past, people died and took their unhealthy predispositions with them.

Now, we can have our appendixes removed, treat life-threatening diseases, and (coming soon!) have our designer babies.

Edited by acute
  • Like 3

If I could have wired into my brain a circuit that instantly told me the time (not just clock time but solar time and where the moon was and so on) as well as exactly where on the planet I'm located and access to encyclopedias and newspapers and so on, I would.  I think most of us would (so long as the information flow could be shut off from time to time).

Then again, if I could have my legs rebuilt so I was capable of running at phenomenal speeds and automatically avoiding hazards, well I would think about that one.

I think more and more computers and other technology is going to become adjuncts to us -- not robots replacing us but our becoming part robot part person.

• Like 2

As with ALL species the human species is beginning to once again diversify. Any species as it spreads into different environments is changed by that environment. Over time measured in lower life forms in hundreds of thousands of years to millions of years these changes add up until the two "branches" are so different that they are no longer identified as the same species. 

I suspect that humanities relative intelligence will speed this adaptive change quite a bit because we tend to control our environments more than they control us. Basically we have circumvented most of the rules of evolutionary survival of the fittest. We now protect the least fit and they in turn breed prolifically. In the past this has been a common survival strategy of many species. Rabbits for example are fast and prolific breeders while wolves are very limited in their breeding. The rabbits have a short life with a small survival rate of their young while the wolf cubs have much higher survival rates and live longer lives. 

Look into what happened in Australia when the rabbits were freed from the heavy pressure from predators!!  When we freed the stupid from having to feed, protect and care for their progeny and carefully protected them we redefined the direction that evolution was taking us. Smarter members of our species have always tended to be more conservative and protective of the number and caring of their kids. The stupid always have and always will breed out of control until famine, war and plague killed most of them. They are doing it today and as a species we are degrading with every generation as the "average" of our species goes down the drain. Some surveys estimate that the average IQ in North America has fallen 15 points since WW2 when large systematic testing was first used on large numbers of people. 

As a species we will either divide into two separate and very different branches or maybe just slowly fall until we are unable to sustain the current system. After its collapse we will return to the old rules of survival of the fittest and hopefully slowly recover. If we split there will be a larger group that is probably more physical and much less intelligent while the smaller group will be less physical and much more intelligent as they will tend to couple with intelligence as an attractive factor while the other group breeds with the physical being the deciding factor in breeding success. 

In his novel "The Time Machine" H.G. Wells foresaw much the same end for mankind. I used to hope that this was just a temporary trend but as birth control became widely available world wide this division has been even more pronounced. The smart us it, have smaller families that they take good care of while the stupid ignore the use breed like rabbits and have huge families that the rest of the people are expected to support, protect and care for. Logically this just can't last for many more generations. Eventually there will just be more mouths to feed than there are working people around to provide for them. At that point the stupid in their masses may well kill most of the smart that they out number by a huge factor and in so doing doom mankind to a slow end. 

There isn't all of that a cheery view of things? I hope someone out there can offer a happier view of the way we are going as a species. 

• Like 2

Additionally based on DanL comment; Yes HSS may evolve into three distinct species those on earth, those that evolve on a low gravity planet like Mars and those who evolve to live in space habitats without gravity. Given thousands of generations those beings will become separate species.

• Like 3

Here are two I read about.

Homo Evolutis

Hominids that take direct and deliberate control over the evolution of their species... and others.

A new species, Homo Evolutis, may arise as human inventions bring sight to the blind, hearing to the deaf, etc., as described by Juan Enriquez in his TED presentation:

From the Urban Dictionary 

And of course homo superior from the marvel universe. Genetic mutations in humans leading to super human type abilities.

And if civilization were to collapse maybe homo regressus. Not a state of evolution but devolution if life got harder and few remained would the gene pool beimg small cause a devolution shift.

Hmm. Interesting question and one that I've often pondered on myself - quite a few times.

I'd not delved into the complexities or possibilities of 'separating' as a species as such but more down the line of how HSS would/could evolve. Things like even more loss of body hair (including the head)? Would our toes become enjoined? (Aside from the obvious big toe for balance, do we really need toes to be separate anymore?). Obviously things like this would be hundreds of thousands of years down the line but I guess that would all be down to whether we do indeed colonise other planets by then (with the usual token caveat that we don't actually destroy ourselves in the far too near future). 

• Like 1

I remember an old schoolbook I had in high school there was a picture there that showed how they thought man would look like in the far away future.

The author(s) theorized that we would evolve toward something that looked like the grey (alien) in body build.
But with a much larger (giant) nose than we have today because we would need to filtrate all the poluted air :D

• Like 1

I read an article where they supposed we're heading in two directions. Much like the HG Wells "The Time Machine", where one direction leads to beautiful tall people with no disease and who age slowly and gracefully, and are in excellent physical condition, and are intelligent and free from most cares. And another direction which heads toward genetic stagnation, mutations, lowered intelligence, lowered physical abilities and a lessened life span. 

Where the one branch comes from those who are "rich" and can afford the genetic modifications and who don't "breed" with those of the other group. Basically money buys health and good genetics and freedom from toil. Whereas the "Poor" will continue to gain mutation at an increasing rate. Where due to medical science the unfit do live to breed, so Survival of the Fittest is a thing of the past. Cheap entertainment (sold to them by the rich) will continue to retard mental development, resulting in people who don't have to think much, but who only have to tap buttons on their technology. Lack of resources will trap the majority of humanity into being uneducated laborers, who can't afford the best healthcare, lifestyles or educations.

• Like 3

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 4:46 AM, Just_Seeking said:

Just been reading opinions about what comes after homosapien. Would like to read UM members detailed thoughts no matter how comical or scientific they maybe.

My predictions:

1: Food will become more expensive as the global population booms resulting in us engineering our food to be more nutritious, to grow quicker, and to survive pests more. But ultimately it will put evolutionary pressure on us to become smaller and more sedentary.

2. As we move to a hi-tech society robots will do all work and fight all the wars. Human time will be freed up for philosophising, for intellectual research, and for local Government. This will put evolutionary pressure on us to develop larger more complex brains while reducing the need for brawn.

3. The information age will reach its maturity allowing corrupt, deviant and criminal behaviour to be more easily exposed. It will make it hard for those with anti-social personality disorder to get jobs and function in life. The evolutionary pressure this creates against them will result in a crime free society with a higher standard of morality.

4. Lifespans will dramatically increase to the point where people dont age or die from disease. We will use genetic engineering and medicine to achieve this. But ultimately it will allow us to have longer childhoods (possibly centuries) increasing learning. We could teach everybody everything in that time. And when it comes to space flight where it takes a 1000 years to put a space city in another system no one will be concerned by the length of time.

I think grey aliens will turn out to be future humans.

• Like 5

I think ultimately humans will settle on thousands of planets. Each environment being different, we'll likely over time evolve into hundreds of forms.

• Like 4

Gondii People take over,,, via an Infection with the protozoan parasite Toxoplasma Gondii, passes
the blood brain barrier protection with ease. Excessively high populations infected in certain countries. Est. 30% world population back in 2015, articles just saying the same thing since, among many:::https://news.upenn.edu/news/penn-study-visualizing-parasite-crossing-blood-brain-barrier
Igor-Morski10.jpg
Yes, a little exaggeration with the pic/gif.

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 3

Did everyone see the article about what a human might look like if evolved to deal with car crashes?

http://www.boredpanda.com/graham-body-survive-car-crash-road-safety-victorian-government-patricia-piccinini/

graham-body-survive-car-crash-road-safet

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 5

26 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Did everyone see the article about what a human might look like if evolved to deal with car crashes?

Very cool.

On 3/15/2017 at 1:03 PM, Herr Falukorv said:

I remember an old schoolbook I had in high school there was a picture there that showed how they thought man would look like in the far away future.

The author(s) theorized that we would evolve toward something that looked like the grey (alien) in body build.

Well, while working on a project, or something extremely important, there's this sandwich thing that gets into the way.  Well of course then there's the bathroom bit too.  So there's the eating thing and the bathroom thing that really needs to be tossed if we're to ever get anything done, so the author could be exactly on course!

18 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

I think grey aliens will turn out to be future humans.

200px-Roger_Smith.png

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DieChecker said:

I think ultimately humans will settle on thousands of planets. Each environment being different, we'll likely over time evolve into hundreds of forms.

Maybe we will settle the habitable planets with people and as regards the other worlds in a system let the machines live on them.

• Like 1

I can definitely see some future where a species of man becomes a sort of troglodyte creature. Living on the surface of, for example, the moon would not be feasible due to the bombardment of cosmic radiation. With no atmosphere or magnetic field to protect people their lives would be awful tough and probably short. Besides, the moon isn't tectonically active and there is no reason not to build deeply under the surface. With a one sixth gravity fused rock would be very solid so the size of the caverns could be huge. The same would probably be most le true on Mars. With almost unlimited energy underground controlled environment farming would be extremely effective. All times would be perfect growing seasons and with hydroponic feeding and watering the yields would be enormous. 

On Earth this may not be possible but then as we build bigger and bigger buildings the result may be much the same. Already, at least in the USA the divisions between the urban and the rural people has become a clear line in the sand. Politically the division is clear and the elections are very much urban versus rural where it used to be more north versus south, east versus west or blue collar versus white collar related differences. Evolution in humanity is more about mental views and adaptations than physical because we control our environment rather than it molding and controlling us. 

To someone that is rurally inclined the traffic and crowding in the really big mega-cities is smothering and just uncomfortable. For the hard core urbanite the wide open woodsy life is at best just plain boring and at worst scary as hell since there are no cops or fire stations just around the corner. It used to terrorize my Mother in law that we don't ever lock our doors. Hey I live in the woods and if they want in they could blow the door with dynamite and nobody would hear or think anything about it. If I'm home then all you have to do is knock and you are welcome. If you don't knock and are there to rob us I have a sign that tells them to move fast because I need practice on moving targets and will appreciate their assistance in improving on it. 

There is just a different mentality that is growing and if we don't change then in a thousand years the differences will begin to show genetically. 

• Like 2

On 3/17/2017 at 5:38 PM, MWoo7 said:

Gondii People take over,,, via an Infection with the protozoan parasite Toxoplasma Gondii, passes
the blood brain barrier protection with ease. Excessively high populations infected in certain countries. Est. 30% world population back in 2015, articles just saying the same thing since, among many:::https://news.upenn.edu/news/penn-study-visualizing-parasite-crossing-blood-brain-barrier

Well !  Fancy you  revealing this !   As a cat ... shame on you !   For  either 

1. releasing your ' cats plan for world domination '   ( The 'Slow Invasion' ) . 

2. Not knowing its the cats ! 

Not having anything to do with cats ... and being full of doggy immunity ..... I remain uninfected   ( I been tested, all clear ! ) 

I am deadly serious about this    ......     I might even reveal your evil plan right right here !  

But for now, I will just work on, first, establishing a base of info on this ;

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2012/03/how-your-cat-is-making-you-crazy/308873/

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/12/19/health/cat-culture/

If you have a cat and these sort of things happen;

'Could not  go (out, away, on holidays )  as no one to look after cat, '

Spend  money on special exotic and useless cat food, toys and other entertainment that you dangle in front of the cat ... and the the cat   .... 'Mhe ' .

' I had to get up early and feed the cat as it kept jumping on the bed   '

'The cat woke me up by lying on my face .'

Spent more on vet bills than on old 2nd hand car

etc etc etc 

- sorry peeps ... too late !  

Cats is bad !  

Image result for dog doesn't like cat

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 3

Another part of the catt conspiracy ;

Lets say  someone  wanted to  find an post a poem about people being  cat slaves 

They type in  'cat slave poem' into google 

and guess what comes up ?   

Did you mean: cat love poem

Now, if that aint proof of a cat internet conspiracy , I dont know what is !    :angry:

• Like 1