Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
stereologist

Continued belief in a flat Earth

105 posts in this topic

On 3/22/2017 at 11:39 PM, stereologist said:

Looking at the flat earth view of the Sun and inner planets I realize a problem. How do they get Mercury and Venus to be visible only part of the year?

Like I said earlier .....  'strange fluctuations in time and space '   ;)   - that do not apply at other times .... only when they  get asked tricky questions like that one :D     and the one about my observations of the South Celestial Pole   :D  

1 person likes this

On 3/23/2017 at 7:38 AM, preacherman76 said:

Wouldn't the sun set everywhere at the same time if the earth was flat? How do they get around (pun intended) that?

'strange fluctuations ' in time ;) 

1 person likes this

16 hours ago, I hide behind words said:

Well reaching is one thing buy reality is going alone trying to cross it will get you killed by the baren cold not even the hardy folk of the tundra could survive in.

So their is some truth in it which holds up according to unadulterated human logic that remains unindoctrinated in modern science. So don't knock it for this in part led toward human dominance and allowed for science to find a bedrock. 

Would we cut out our brain stem because the frontal lobes are the latest form of win?

And some good questions here for the Sun and Venus. Likely they have their own opinions again based on logic alone. If we don't know all their beliefs our goal of skeptic dominance over all is failing. 

Wissenschaft Uber Alles!!!

Ummm ... you are doing  'that thing'   again  . 

1 person likes this

Did you know that Dalí designed the Chupa Chups logo? He was also a design genius. 

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 8:06 AM, I hide behind words said:

There is no validity in the us versus them narrative or black and white thinking either. Right and wrong, true and false all illusions. 

But it was a truth that evolved within us and helped humanity carry on. And still some consider it truth. But it has no value for our survival in a post-industrial society.

So maybe you are right but at what price? 

And fairytales for their day were the primary sources of spreading generalized information for safety when we made it out the jungle but were still in the forest. But trees have always been our safe harbor from the time we came crawling out the ocean and jumped right up into them. 

But hey even fundie pastors will scream at me saying we are not monkeys. But I will know I was there too as all my ancestors. And when he is ready he can come out that tree and quit his chest beating. 

We are in this together. I know what you are saying and don't disagree but understand where you and the rest of us came from. So while you tell flat earthers they are behind the times I gently remind you the same can be said of you by the very fact if insisting right and wrong and truth and fact are static state concepts with the added notion of you always being right and others are wrong. The first part is true but to also make it mean another is wrong is not up to sniff.

But dude it is a suckers choice when someone tells me I only have two choices. There are always options and we take better advantage of them when allowing our choices to be made in the prefrontal cortex using critical thinking. 

But even I have my monkey shine moments when acting in the lower limbic  (mammalian) or stem (reptilian)  foundation of our brains.

Each of those served their purpose in our evolution but i digress. 

You are right. So are they. You are wrong. So am I. It is being human bro.

And when we learn to rise above right and wrong we will also not react to fight or flight response. Ya it saved our butts when shtf every moment in the jungle.

But it is overkill here in modern society and takes away from critical thinking. 

Cheers, from your slithery friend, forked tongue and all. Last switch of the track now if still on this train wreck of a post. Eat the apple your eyes will open and you will see. But you are also the apple and it is time to fall off the tree. Be sure to hit Newton on the way down. 

Wow, Great post. This doesn't often happen with new posters, but I'm looking forward to reading more of your thoughts. Hope ya stick around.

edit to add, sorry, I guess you are not new at all. Name change?

Edited by preacherman76
1 person likes this