Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Any Explanation For This?

Silent Trinity

1 hour ago, PersonFromPorlock said:

The Voronezh UFO Incident in 1989 tells us that official Soviet interest in UFOs - even if only as a distraction from the troubles wracking the USSR at the time - was still high.

Official interest? It was just another spooky story printed in the papers.... Id hardly call that official interest

Considering the Russians literally won the space race...Im sure their radars and space agency would have known if any ufo landed anywhere

2 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

The latter assertion.

Just one of many many sources that reports a decline in the UFO beliefs

UFO enthusiasts admit the truth may not be out there after all
Declining numbers of “flying saucer” sightings and failure to establish proof of alien existence has led UFO enthusiasts to admit they might not exist after all.

Dozens of groups interested in the flying saucers and other unidentified craft have already closed because of lack of interest and next week one of the country’s foremost organisations involved in UFO research is holding a conference to discuss whether the subject has any future.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/ufo/9653499/UFO-enthusiasts-admit-the-truth-may-not-be-out-there-after-all.html

Although the field of responsible UFO study continues to be plagued by a lack of objective statistics, few people would argue that from the 1950s to the 1980s, UFO sightings were relatively regularly reported in the mass media. Yet as the 1990s arrived reporting began to tail off significantly and in the 21st century, major media coverage of UFO-related stories has declined to virtual insignificance.

http://cosmology.com/AlienLife102.html

Well, this would seem to contradict that.. UFO sightings at all time high

So people are reporting seeing more UFOs than ever before, but they don't believe in them any more?  

And there are so many reasons why this

Declining numbers of “flying saucer” sightings and failure to establish proof of alien existence has led UFO enthusiasts to admit they might not exist after all.

is such a dumb thing to admit, if they have indeed admitted that, that I really don't have time to go into them all right now. 

5 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

And there are so many reasons why this

Declining numbers of “flying saucer” sightings and failure to establish proof of alien existence has led UFO enthusiasts to admit they might not exist after all.

is such a dumb thing to admit, if they have indeed admitted that, that I really don't have time to go into them all right now. 

I can find stacks of news clips that all say what I did, the UFO phenomenon is and has been in a total decline, When I first joined this forum I only hung around the UFO section....many years pass....and now I hardly even bother looking. Id rather discuss world affairs

But the starkest evidence for this general dwindling of weirdness probably comes with UFOs. Earlier this year, the UK's favourite flying saucer fanzine, UFO Magazine, folded due to declining sales. At the same time, Bufora, the top UK forum for skywatchers, ruefully admitted that UFO sightings have been in "steady decline" since the late 1990s. Most striking of all, the British Flying Saucer Bureau has suspended its activities, because the number of sightings has crashed from a peak of around 30 a week to almost zero. Denis Plunkett, the retired civil servant from Bristol who founded the bureau in 1953, says: "I am just as enthusiastic about flying saucers as I always was, but the problem is that we are in the middle of a long, long trough. There just aren't enough new sightings. It is not like being a philatelist. There is always something new to say about stamps."

https://www.theguardian.com/g2/story/0,3604,1238030,00.html

Well here's another one just now for this phenomenon that no one believes any more .. 

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker